Bon Voyage Sea Princess WORLD CRUISE 2017

In Bayeux. Lovely warm weather, calm seas.

Cobh and surrounds were great.

Dover tomorrow, 700 disembarking.

All good onboard.

That will change the dynamics. Do you know how many are embarking? Nice to hear all good onboard. Like the way the Captain says it is a happy ship.

From Marine Traffic , it looks like they are "changing lanes" in the English Channel to line up for Dover. Looks very busy shipping wise and they will be very busy with the half way changeover.

Have a nice day in England..:)

10_england.jpg

I hope they have time to visit ye olde Dover Castle, on the cliffs above the port. Fantastico. Spent a whole day there in 2015.

No doubt many on board will do the rush trip by coach on a shorex up the M20 to visit London town. You could spend a month in London and not see every thing.:cool:

Edited by NSWP

I hope they have time to visit ye olde Dover Castle, on the cliffs above the port. Fantistico. Spent a whole day there in 2015.

No doubt many on board will do the rush tip by coach on a shorex up the M20 to visit London town. You could spend a month in London and not see every thing.:cool:

Agree on both points, always plenty to see in London and then see again (see how it has changed) many years later.

Agree on both points, always plenty to see in London and then see again (see how it has changed) many years later.

Indeed some things change, having a week there next May precruises.

In Rye, East Sussex.

Lovely old town.

Hope the settled weather remains for Norway.

When we got off in Dover ,Rye was the first English town we visited. I was gobsmacked to come across the historic Mermaid Hotel that had a sign hanging from it which stated that it had been rebuilt/refurbished in 1647..:eek:

Just looked at the itinerary for Norway .....I did not realise that you are going so far North. Trust you see the Northern Lights.:)

When we got off in Dover ,Rye was the first English town we visited. I was gobsmacked to come across the historic Mermaid Hotel that had a sign hanging from it which stated that it had been rebuilt/refurbished in 1647..:eek:

Just looked at the itinerary for Norway .....I did not realise that you are going so far North. Trust you see the Northern Lights.:)

My wife and I did a (semi) pub crawl in London that only visited pubs that were built in the 17th century or earlier. It was basically from Trafalgar square to St Pauls with a block or two each side of the Strand, across Millennium Bridge and back to Waterloo station and included around 10 pubs. It was morning so we didn't drink in every pub but there are some nice old ones around and they have some nice beers to try.

Wrong time of year for best viewing of northern lights, David.

We like to stay in ye olde English Inns, 17th century. You just have to duck through the doorways as back then a tall pom was 5 foot.:p Me being 6 feet tall in dinosaur speak am always in danger of being decapitated in merry olde England.:(

It is not just low doors in many of those pubs.

Indeed not Uncle Mic, ye olde Scrumpy Cider @ 9% ABV hits me in the head after 3 or 4 pints. Together with the low doors I am an accident waiting to happen.:p

In Tromso.

Yesterday lovely time visiting picturesque fishing villages in Lofoten Islands.

Cool here, and only a few light drops of rain.

Nice town.

Honningsvag tomorrow for a North Cape visit for many.

All good onboard.

After tomorrow ( 70 degrees north ) start heading home.

In Tromso.

Yesterday lovely time visiting picturesque fishing villages in Lofoten Islands.

Cool here, and only a few light drops of rain.

Nice town.

Honningsvag tomorrow for a North Cape visit for many.

All good onboard.

After tomorrow ( 70 degrees north ) start heading home.

Thanks for the update. You really are on top of the World . :)

Have been following on the bridge cam and it looks very tranquil up there in the Land of the Midnight Sun. Does it get dark at all ?