Azamara 2019 Prices

AllisonJames

A four day VX to Cuba March 2019 is now $5617, doubled since March this year. That’s more per day than the Grand Loft suite on Anthem of Sea, everything included with Genie to help you with anything.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When I read your post, I thought that you'd made a mistake. Then I checked my travel agent's price and found out you're right. The price you quoted is for two people and includes all fees. That's $702 per person per day. Even with all the OBC being offered by my travel agent, that's much more than we've paid on Oceania and Seabourn.

It's an interesting strategy. Inflate prices and the Azamara fan base will still book - win Azamara. Then they have "sales" and "promotions" to make you think you're getting a deal. If there are price reductions you get charged $150 to reprice your cruise - win Azamara. Some people that book early will never notice or look for the price reductions - win Azamara. Most cruises end up being priced as they should have in the first place but Azamara has probably been able to collect quite a few change fees on the way down - win Azamara.

It's an interesting strategy. Inflate prices and the Azamara fan base will still book - win Azamara. Then they have "sales" and "promotions" to make you think you're getting a deal. If there are price reductions you get charged $150 to reprice your cruise - win Azamara. Some people that book early will never notice or look for the price reductions - win Azamara. Most cruises end up being priced as they should have in the first place but Azamara has probably been able to collect quite a few change fees on the way down - win Azamara.

Has you say some loyalists will always book regardless of prices.

That sort of strategy will only work for a while before people get wise to it.

Plenty of cabins remain unsold for 2019 and will remain that way unless prices drop. I for one intend to wait and see.

We have two verandas paid for in October, back to back in VX next March and Alaska next June. These have all been booked for a while, and all but one booked on board. When I checked current pricing, they have gone up over $20,000 total. Have not seen any price drop on any.

We are getting close to 90 days on the next cruise and all veranda cabins are sold but, ocean views are $4000 more than we paid. Not seeing price drop. They must selling these to someone, but I do know see more in our future.

If, for example outside rooms have sold out cruise lines will still offer them but at inflated prices reflecting that they will upgrade another passenger currently in an outside room to a veranda class room. The high price they have charged for the outside room reflects the lost revenue from selling the veranda room. Just economics and fluid pricing.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Forums mobile app

Has you say some loyalists will always book regardless of prices.

That sort of strategy will only work for a while before people get wise to it.

Plenty of cabins remain unsold for 2019 and will remain that way unless prices drop. I for one intend to wait and see.

We have been trying this "wait and see" strategy for a cruise later this year. It is very close to the 120 day cancellation date for US passengers. There were lots of available cabins (in all categories) last week.

This week there was a new "promotion" for the cruise - $300 OBC for an OV cabin but the cruise price suddenly went up by approximately $700 per stateroom and the range of staterooms available decreased considerably .

Edited by workingtocruise-59

We have been trying this "wait and see" strategy for a cruise later this year. It is very close to the 120 day cancellation date for US passengers. There were lots of available cabins (in all categories) last week.

This week there was a new "promotion" for the cruise - $300 OBC for an OV cabin but the cruise price suddenly went up by approximately $700 per stateroom and the range of staterooms available decreased considerably .

Looking at an online agency's site, there appears to be a ton of balconies available but at $3,200 US for a balcony for 14 days, that's already a fairly decent price.

We're 120 days out and just paid for our October November cruises, so I hopped on the Azamara site to check prices. OMG, how they have increased. One actually by AUD$6,000. At those prices (per day) it's a no brainer for us. Concerned about any new future bookings a bit. Thank heavens we have these two and another 3 booked for 2019. Don't like the way prices fluctuate.

We are booked for Celebrity South America (Chile to Argentina) in Jan 2020 in the smaller Sky Suite (14 days) but the price is very high. We are Celebrity Elite members so we will get points and status on Azamara so looking forward to the release of 2020 itineraries this month to see if we want to switch. It will be interesting to see the price differential as Azamara offers a very similar cruise. Has anybody done Azamara in S.America? We have also noticed that Oceania seems to be less expensive than Azamara so considering Oceania as well.

Seabourn has some excellent pricing on their 21 day around the horn of SA/Antarctica cruise. There is a 21 day itinerary priced well below similar accommodations on shorter cruises on other lines. We would have gladly switched, but couldn’t swing that much vacation time.

We loved our Azamara Carribean cruise not quite 2 years ago. We would definitely sail AZ again, but not at these prices. It’s now hard to find an interior for what we paid for our CC suite. We are loyal to the best deal that fits our budget, schedule, and desired itinerary.

When we booked our Caribbean cruise last year we did it just after the hurricane swept through - a few days after the cancellation date. We contacted AZ re port changes and sales. No affirmation of port issues and no discounts. We then booked with a 3rd party discount company for $2800 CAD, return flight included (midship balcony deck 7). Thousands cheaper than booking AZ direct. Almost all ports shifted. Same great cruise but much cheaper. I think AZ sells to distributors so they aren't technically lowering their price - and don't have to pass on savings to already booked customers.

Tend to agree that Azamara prices have risen quite steeply in recent years but that was always going to be the case as some of Azamara’s prices were unsustainably low a few years back.

To me prices across most cruise lines seem to have risen over the last couple of years, but given the amount of competition it remains to be seen if they remain so. Of course there are always bargains especially if you’re flexible in timing and destination or prepared to compromise on accommodation.

For 2019 we have a few cruises booked but have compared our Viking Oceans and Azamara cruises. Both cruises are cruise only and the Viking one has gratuities included and comes with a Silver Spirit package, I have compared daily net price per cabin as Viking don’t allow travel agents to discount in the U.K. whilst Azamara do, we also received LCV discount from Azamara but there were no other applicable offers. On Viking we booked a PV3 Penthouse Veranda which offers similar sized accommodation to the N1 Club Continent suite we have on Azamara so it really is apples for apples. In this comparison Azamara worked out at £193 ($250) per day less than Viking.

Maybe it’s all perception as recently we were talking with friends who often cruise Oceania and they were saying how much prices had risen and Azamara were offering better value.

Our UK travel agent discounts both Viking and Azamara by sharing their commission. We love both but Quest was looking and feeling rather tired last week compared with Viking.

Load of offer in my inbox today including 11 night Crystal which appears to offer comparable prices to a similar Azamara cruise, but with more benefits.

Also looked at Saga ( ( know - but I have heard they are good - but not on Cruise Critic) offering an 8 day Norway cruise for about £1500 in their new ship for 2019. Viking similar itinerary is certainly more expensive, but I cannot find anything to Norway on Azamara in 2019.

Thanks Rabo, when I searched the Azamara site this itinerary did not come up for some reason. I know it will be popular although at the moment there seem to be plenty of cabins. However it is very expensive at £6,449 p.p. in the lowest grade balcony cabin and this does not include flights.

Have searched Viking and their 13 day Bergen to Reykjavic cruise, an itinerary I think I would prefer rather than exclusively Norway, is £4290 for a balcony and that includes flights from the UK.

• 1 month later...

Really enjoy AZ. Cruised on both Quest &Journey + Pursuit in one of its’ previous existences. However AZ prices have crept up from £120 to nearly £400 pppd. Cruised to Alaska last year on Celebrity for approx £200pppd with better food and nicer included house wines. So looks increasingly likely will not cruise AZ again and will miss it.

Edited by killaypirate
Spelling error

Really enjoy AZ. Cruised on both Quest &Journey + Pursuit in one of its’ previous existences. However AZ prices have crept up from £120 to nearly £400 pppd. Cruised to Alaska last year on Celebrity for approx £200pppd with better food and nicer included house wines. So looks increasingly likely will not cruise AZ again and will miss it.

There is no question that Celebrity is a great choice for Alaska. I don't regret choosing it over Princess and Glacier Bay for the reasons you stated. Classic Drinks package, food (especially if you Aqua Class or do a specialty dining package) and things to do on the ship. We did Millennium inside package from Vancouver, brought our college age kids, and had an incredible vacation. AZ works better for destination immersion and docks where places X cannot, but neither of those are a factor for Alaska (or Caribbean).

Thanks Rabo, when I searched the Azamara site this itinerary did not come up for some reason. I know it will be popular although at the moment there seem to be plenty of cabins. However it is very expensive at £6,449 p.p. in the lowest grade balcony cabin and this does not include flights.

Have searched Viking and their 13 day Bergen to Reykjavic cruise, an itinerary I think I would prefer rather than exclusively Norway, is £4290 for a balcony and that includes flights from the UK.

The Azamara cruise to Norway is on offer including flights and transfers with a major UK cruise travel agent.

Their offer is close to Azamaras cruise only price but still very expensive.

Azamara seem to believe they can fill the Ships at any price, time will tell.

We like to alternate between land based foreign holidays and cruising. Being “on the ground “ offers a more comprehensive experience than cruising, but sometimes we just like to relax and do as much or as little as we want. Cruising fills that bill for us. I swear by booking last minute. We have sailed several times on Oceania and in the last 12 months, on both Regent and Silversea. We chose each based on the itinerary.

We just booked our first Azamara cruise five days ago. It departs in a month and it was incredibly discounted. I never understand those who book way in advance. We have always managed to secure a midship cabin on a desirable deck. It may be different if you are wanting a suite, but veranda cabins suit us and our price point. We got comparable discounts on each of the other cruise lines I mentioned by booking less than 45 days before departure.

It may not work for those with their heart set on a particular stateroom or itinerary, but there are so many options and alternatives. Azamara is new for us. I like the informality with the inclusions. I expect it to be similar to the Oceania Sirena, with the regrettably small veranda cabin, less formal, younger and livelier than Regent and Silversea. We will see. For the price we have just paid, I do not expect to complain.

I usually blog our cruises on Cruise Critic. I hope to do the same on the Azamara Journey if we can get an internet package in place that accommodates the two of us.

We like to alternate between land based foreign holidays and cruising. Being “on the ground “ offers a more comprehensive experience than cruising, but sometimes we just like to relax and do as much or as little as we want. Cruising fills that bill for us. I swear by booking last minute. We have sailed several times on Oceania and in the last 12 months, on both Regent and Silversea. We chose each based on the itinerary.

We just booked our first Azamara cruise five days ago. It departs in a month and it was incredibly discounted. I never understand those who book way in advance. We have always managed to secure a midship cabin on a desirable deck. It may be different if you are wanting a suite, but veranda cabins suit us and our price point. We got comparable discounts on each of the other cruise lines I mentioned by booking less than 45 days before departure.

It may not work for those with their heart set on a particular stateroom or itinerary, but there are so many options and alternatives. Azamara is new for us. I like the informality with the inclusions. I expect it to be similar to the Oceania Sirena, with the regrettably small veranda cabin, less formal, younger and livelier than Regent and Silversea. We will see. For the price we have just paid, I do not expect to complain.

I usually blog our cruises on Cruise Critic. I hope to do the same on the Azamara Journey if we can get an internet package in place that accommodates the two of us.

Thank you for booking with Azamara Club Cruises, pirouette! We look forward to welcoming you aboard, and to your blog posts on Cruise Critic. :hearteyes:

I guess there are many reasons some like to book after final payment and hope for a large discount in fare. Just as there are probably many reasons some people can't wait until after final payment.

Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of planning travel for less than 45 days before departure....or even less than 6 months prior to departure. I don't have to have a particular cabin, or even itinerary, but I do work 60 hours a week in a busy law office and have to plan my time off at least 6 months in advance so I can be sure anything coming up will be covered or taken care of in other ways. Maybe some day I will be able to do that, it I ever get to retire. :o

I also like to use my FF miles and for Europe sometimes the best fares are five months out. I don't want to book a ticket until I'm sure I'm going on a specific cruise from a specific port on a specific day.

I guess there are many reasons some like to book after final payment and hope for a large discount in fare. Just as there are probably many reasons some people can't wait until after final payment.

Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of planning travel for less than 45 days before departure....or even less than 6 months prior to departure. I don't have to have a particular cabin, or even itinerary, but I do work 60 hours a week in a busy law office and have to plan my time off at least 6 months in advance so I can be sure anything coming up will be covered or taken care of in other ways. Maybe some day I will be able to do that, it I ever get to retire. :o

I also like to use my FF miles and for Europe sometimes the best fares are five months out. I don't want to book a ticket until I'm sure I'm going on a specific cruise from a specific port on a specific day.

I have never heard of airfare being cheap 45 days out either. I work too and my vacation time is important. We often book tours with private vendors and the good ones, many time, are booked up almost a year in advance. I save more and choose exactly what I want to do by booking early and planning. In the long run, it's simply a better vacation (for many of us).

Pricewise Azamara not only competes with other cruise lines, but also land holidays. For solo travellers, especially from Australia, where $1Aus equals .74centsUS, it is not good value, on a price per day basis. I have just booked dream B2B explorer cruises with Hurtigruten, with no single supplement!

Azamara & Hurtigruten seem to me to be very different products - I’d be interested to see how you find them.

I agree Azamara is not cheap, but we think it’s value for money if you pick & choose your cruise and promotion carefully. Sure you can get land-based holidays cheaper, but we have tried all-inclusive holidays which on paper provide the same ingredients as we get on Azamara and are cheaper, but we have never found any that provide the same warm experience.