Why I'm So Excited About MSC Seaside

Spaniel Lover

I felt the same way before we took out Divina cruise. But b/c of the massive price difference we tried it. It was a great cruise. Of course anyone can nitpick things they wish were different. I obviously don't know you, nor do I know what you would like or not but I noticed you have been on Princess and NCL as I have. So I can say this, if you liked those lines I really think you will enjoy MSC. We found the Divina to be very much like a Princess cruise. With that said the Seaside looks like it's being inspired by NCL...so I'm hoping the best of both worlds when I'm on the Seaside in March.

I love NCL so that observation helps. I know this is crazy, but I hated the........ Disney Cruise! What a disappointment

Jim....always enjoy your vids, this one is no exception. And, I concur. You should at least get some OBC or a cabin rebate for producing what is a very nice marketing piece that will pull in more cruisers to MSC.

Thanks!

I also agree that the status match was an aggressive and very effective way to make a large splash into the uber competitive U.S. cruise market. I know I booked with MSC because of the status match. I think MSC is gathering a fan base at the expense of RCCL and NCL, as a result.

And, I concur. You should at least get some OBC or a cabin rebate for producing what is a very nice marketing piece that will pull in more cruisers to MSC.

I disagree...and I've been reading/watching Jim's work for years. I like the fact that he gives honest opinions and is critical of things that he doesn't like. If a cruise line has some form of influence, it could jeopardize some of that honesty.

Excited to have found your video!

We (3 adults & 2 kids) are booking tomorrow for July 2018. We've decided on an Aurea suite with whirlpool.

I'd have rathered a grand suite in Aurea but it won't allow the occupancy even though it looks like there would be ample beds but a call to MSC confirmed it's not possible.

I think the whirlpool swung it anyway.

Still debating forward or rear cabin but either way we're beyond excited.

This will be our 1st cruise on that side of the world - just came back from an Aurea week on Splendida and had our 1st cruise on Fantasia last April, both western Med. We loved MSC, great set up for the kid, MDR food was fab and met some wonderful staff.

Looking forward to seeing more info over the coming months.

I'd have rathered a grand suite in Aurea but it won't allow the occupancy even though it looks like there would be ample beds but a call to MSC confirmed it's not possible.

Which particular Grand Suite was available? Some will sleep 5 and a couple will not. Some have 2br and most do not. The Grand Suites are......an ongoing issue. :o

Which particular Grand Suite was available? Some will sleep 5 and a couple will not. Some have 2br and most do not. The Grand Suites are......an ongoing issue. :o

Just read that thread!! No Grand Suites were available for our needs. MSC UK / Ireland said no 5 pax availability for June 30 / July 14 or 28! But with the whirlpool we suite we can be accommodated.

I'm an experienced cruiser with 40 cruises under my belt, and had pretty much decided that Norwegian Cruise Line was my line of choice. That is, until I found out about the MSC Seaside!

You see, the two things I really like about Norwegian Cruise Line were the Haven Spa Suites that have a romantic Jacuzzi-for-two inside the room... and a few ships with Deluxe Owner's Suites that have a private Jacuzzi on the balcony. But NCL prices have been steadily creeping up over the last couple of years. Two years ago, it was possible to book a Haven Spa Suite for about $5000 (per couple) but these days it's closer to $7000. And the Deluxe Owner's Suite runs somewhere in the neighborhood of $1600 per night... or more, of course, in the summer or during holidays.

MSC wasn't really on my radar screen until a friend alerted me that not only is MSC trying to make a play for American cruise passengers by offering some rock-bottom pricing these days... but also that the upcoming new flagship, MSC Seaside, has a relatively-affordable category of cabins that have whirlpool tubs out on the balcony. That really got my attention... so I spent some time learning all about the MSC Seaside, and quickly concluded that I absolutely must book a cruise on this ship!

I could type out the full story of all the interesting things I discovered about the MSC Seaside, including all about that very interesting cabin category featuring a private whirlpool tub on the balcony... but I thought it would be a lot more interesting if I made a video about it instead, using some artist renderings, computer video renderings, and the deck plans... all provided by MSC.

So, if you have about 13 minutes to learn what I find so fascinating about the MSC Seaside... take a look at this video:

6ZB6vvwlB90

Or, better yet, watch it in HD on YouTube by clicking this link:

Great video. Thanks. Like your others, too.

My group has been considering these whirlpool suites since definitive GS information has been lacking, and all the real 2br ones will probably never go back into inventory. So I was reviewing the short MSC video and realize it is very misleading when compared to the deck and floor plans. First, the hot tub sizes are vastly different in the video and floor plan. The last shot of the balcony shows the tub in the right corner and two chairs and a small table over on the other side, and even a plant in the corner. The problem is almost all of those furnishings would be on the adjoining Fantastica suite's balcony. The divider is totally missing. From the floor plan it would be right beside the balcony door and the light to the left of the door would be another balcony. It would go right up to pretty much to the corner of the tub. The one chair is all that would really barely be able to fit on the balcony, which would be about the same area as the hot tub. I would be nice if the tub is actually that size, but any way about it that video is a downright misrepresentation regarding balcony size. Also, having the hot tub out on the far corner, unlike the Royal suite, makes me think they will be a bit open to view from all the other balconies, probably why the lower hot tub suites are the ones typically available. I'll probably just do two Aurea balcony, or YC deluxe if I find some money.