3rd Party Trip Insurance

We have never used a third party cruise insurance. I am having some health issues so we want to definitely get insurance for our Italy cruise in Oct. Can anyone recommend companies and how do we go about doing this?

Any suggestions would be appreciated~

Thanks!

We have never used a third party cruise insurance. I am having some health issues so we want to definitely get insurance for our Italy cruise in Oct. Can anyone recommend companies and how do we go about doing this?

Thanks!

Sorry to hear you're having some health issues. This could impact your choice of policies as the health issues could be considered a pre-existing condition. The Trip Insurance Store website offers lots of great information on insurance and Stever, the owner, is happy to advise you as to what you need for your situation. Good Luck!

https://tripinsurancestore.com/

Thanks!

Also try:

www.insuremytrip.com

www.squaremouth.com

www.quotewright.com

I can only speak for the UK but we have used Direct Travel Insurance for years.

We took mother in law on Brilliance when she was 90 and she had several pre existing health problems but Age UK arranged a short term policy and was reasonably priced.

We've always gotten our insurance through Traveguard, and thank goodness we have never needed it.

I have always been happy with the service and prices.

For our upcoming trips I priced out Nationwide, and they seem to offer a lot more for less, especially in terms of cancel for any reason.

Hopefully we will never need to find out.

As they are both very large carriers I feel confident in my choices.

If you already have issues you'll want to look into this right away. You'll want coverage for pre-existing conditions; an some policies only offer that coverage if you buy the policy within a week or two of booking the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you already have issues you'll want to look into this right away. You'll want coverage for pre-existing conditions; an some policies only offer that coverage if you buy the policy within a week or two of booking the cruise.

You are exactly right. The one time we used it was because of a death in the family but otherwise we buy it due to pre-existing conditions and have to purchase it when we book the cruise. Otherwise, it won't cover the pre-existing conditions.

You are exactly right. The one time we used it was because of a death in the family but otherwise we buy it due to pre-existing conditions and have to purchase it when we book the cruise. Otherwise, it won't cover the pre-existing conditions.

We always have an annual policy in place and the only time to date when we needed it was when my mam unexpectedly died in 2011 and we had to come home from our precruise hotel and miss our cruise but the insurance sorted everything quickly.

Not only do you need to get your insurance as soon as possible due to the pre existing conditions. If you are on Medicare, that does not cover you out of the US so check and make sure your travel insurance is your primary insurance.

You must get GEOBlue, its blue cross/shield but international, get the voyager plan I believe its called and includes pre-existing conditions, I was suppose to be on the Dream out of NOLA on May 14th, due to medical issues I had to cancel just four weeks prior the cruise, needless to say, with a doctors note explaining the medical details on his letter head and filled out all the necessary paperwork, we all received our refund in just 16 days from submitting the claim.

We always use this company for our travel medical insurance, it does not cover airline, lost baggage, trip delays and such but it covers pretty much all your medical needs plus evacuation due to a medical issue and no out of pocket expenses.

I get my insurance through insuremytrip.com and I get it within 14 days of booking the cruise so pre-existing conditions are covered. I am older and my insurance doesn't cover me out of the country, so I definitely have the need to purchase some kind of insurance,

I have used various companies from insuremytrip and have claims a couple of times. I have been paid with no problem. On my last cruise I was diverted to Orlando instead of my original destination of Ft Lauderdale because of the airport closing due to the shooter. My insurance paid for the hotel, car rental, gas and tolls to get to Ft Lauderdale. I didn't put in a claim for meals, but I'm sure if I had it would have paid for them too.

You must get GEOBlue, its blue cross/shield but international, get the voyager plan I believe its called and includes pre-existing conditions, I was suppose to be on the Dream out of NOLA on May 14th, due to medical issues I had to cancel just four weeks prior the cruise, needless to say, with a doctors note explaining the medical details on his letter head and filled out all the necessary paperwork, we all received our refund in just 16 days from submitting the claim.

We always use this company for our travel medical insurance, it does not cover airline, lost baggage, trip delays and such but it covers pretty much all your medical needs plus evacuation due to a medical issue and no out of pocket expenses.

I double endorse Geoblue which we get for medical. It covers pre existing. One trip coverage is very reasonable for medical. My DH can get 1,000,000 in medical for a 7 day cruise with pre ex covered and he's 82. I think the premium was around $180. Can't get that amount for his age anywhere else that I can find.

I looked at Geo Blue and I don't see where it covers cancellation....only medical. Were you able to get a policy that includes cancellation?