Suite Life and Laundry

flyingv4me

Greetings, everyone!

Looking at the new Celebrity website (yeah, I know) and was specifically looking at "The Suite Life Experience." Included in the general extras for booking a suite (Michael's, Luminae, etc.) they list "complimentary laundry service twice per cruise." When you click on each suite class, laundry isn't mentioned.

Just curious if laundry is indeed included for all suite passengers as the website implies. Any first-hand experience?

Thanks!

I'm not sure of the answer to your question, but I can relate what happened to us while in a RS last July. We had a bag of laundry and left it on the bed for them to take it. The butler asked us for our Elite coupon. I thought that was strange since laundry was supposed to be a suite perk.

In January 2016 they added Complimentary laundry twice per cruise as a perk for the Royal & Penthouse Suites. I'm not sure if it was also for the Signature suites.

I know it wasn't a Sky Suite benefit.

On Connie in Sept last year we recieved unlimited FREE laundry in an RS. Even got my dinner jacket (tux) dry cleaned after the last formal so I could take it home cleaned ;-)

We have Elite+ loyalty status so just use our loyalty laundry perk. But this spring we were on a B2B in suites for both legs. We were in a Celebrity Suite on the second leg, and the folks in the CS next door to us were taking their first Celebrity cruise. They asked the Michael's Club concierge about laundry options, and were given some sort of vouchers. Have no idea if the vouchers they were provided were like the coupons used for the Elite and Elite+ loyalty laundry perk prior to the current system of just writing "loyalty" on the laundry slip.

Greetings, everyone!

Looking at the new Celebrity website (yeah, I know) and was specifically looking at "The Suite Life Experience." Included in the general extras for booking a suite (Michael's, Luminae, etc.) they list "complimentary laundry service twice per cruise." When you click on each suite class, laundry isn't mentioned.

Just curious if laundry is indeed included for all suite passengers as the website implies. Any first-hand experience?

Thanks!

We were just in a RS on the Equinox end of April and our butler showed us the laundry bags while giving a tour of the suite on the first day. He said to send out as much as we wanted, just give it a day before expecting it to be returned.

Makes me wonder why our butler asked us for the coupons. Tacky.

Hi Muushka....we were asked on the Solstice for coupons too. We were surprised but unbothered....

Near the end of the cruise I put in a few extra items for pressing. When no charge came up on our account we mentioned it to the butler (we didn't mind paying).

He explained they had had to change 'unlimited' to 'coupons' as they had had had a few issues on recent cruises. He said there had been several incidents where one family had been in a RS with numerous other family members in other cabins and they had been sending in everyone's clothes. He told us that generally they would not charge RS or PH but by giving the coupons they had a way of politely saying 'no more' if any guests really abused the privilege.

On our recent Eclipse cruise, our Elite Plus coupons were on the bed but our butler told us not to bother with them....I wonder if they are told to ask for the coupons on some cruises where they know there are some large family groups with just one family in a top suite...I guess if they feel the need to ask for coupons from one group they feel they need to ask all....

Hi Chemmo, and thank you :)

I think at some point I need to let our past butler experience go.

We booked another suite (not RS, sadly:o)and will hopefully experience a wonderful butler!