Unauthorised transactions

Alcairns

Has anyone heard anything further from Princess regarding the unauthorised removal of funds from customers accounts? An email last week suggested that they would be issuing an update imminently but they were waiting a decision from the Carnival UK board. I hope they do not think this serious infringement is going to just disappear!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Has anyone heard anything further from Princess regarding the unauthorised removal of funds from customers accounts? An email last week suggested that they would be issuing an update imminently but they were waiting a decision from the Carnival UK board. I hope they do not think this serious infringement is going to just disappear!

If you search for this topic, you will see that many have already voice their concerns and getting their refunds as well.

Thanks - I am aware of the other thread but the last posts were over a week ago. This is not about the refunds but over an email Princess sent out last Friday which I quote below

"Further to previous correspondence in which was sent via email to all guests affected by our third party processor Elavon, I am now emailing to offer an update following your contact with us.

Carnival UK were hopeful to send all guests affected a complete response by the end of today, however Senior Executives of Carnival UK are still in talks regarding the outcome of the above. I apologise for any further upset this may cause. We are doing our utmost to come to a satisfactory conclusion for our guests.

As you may be aware by now many charges have been returned and pre authorisations dropped, however should this not be the case please contact our reservations team on 0843 373 0333 where your information will be recorded in order for us to assist in getting these charges amended.

I wish to assure you that Princess Cruises UK will be in contact as soon as any further information is available.

Further communication will be issued to all guests affected at 4pm today regarding the recovery of any bank charges. I am sending you this additional email as you have made contact with Princess Cruises and wanted to ensure that you are aware that a full response will be issued to you early next week.

We thank you in advance for your continued patience in this matter. "

We have neither heard from the board decision nor did we receive the promised 4 pm email!

I received same email from customer relations on 26/5 stating that a full response would be issued early next week.......No response as yet. Lets hope they reply before I set sail on 10th June 2017!

Hello scotland and Alcairns,

Are you saying the pending transactions have not been reversed? Or that the Carnival UK folks have failed to communicate something back as promised. If the former, I would be really annoyed as it may affect my ability to make other purchases. If it is the latter, I would be just miffed over the broken commitment.

The error affected Cunard, Princess and P&O in the UK and was made by transaction company Elavon. Led to believe that everyone that had money taken from accounts or an amount put on hold has now been sorted and everybody should have received a refund or hold cancelled. What everybody is waiting for after been told they would be informed by e-mail is if we are to receive any form of compensation on top of any bank charges incurred for inconvenience and stress caused by this error.

The error affected Cunard, Princess and P&O in the UK and was made by transaction company Elavon. Led to believe that everyone that had money taken from accounts or an amount put on hold has now been sorted and everybody should have received a refund or hold cancelled. What everybody is waiting for after been told they would be informed by e-mail is if we are to receive any form of compensation on top of any bank charges incurred for inconvenience and stress caused by this error.

We had our money returned to our bank account last week.

we have emailed Princess UK and Princess USA regarding our concerns as to why Elavon has our bank details.

no reply from anyone. hope they are still looking into what caused the problem and give us some answers

The last communication I had was :- Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your application for reimbursement for bank/credit card charges incurred as a result of the recent payment error. Please find below your unique reference number and instructions on how to access securely a reimbursement form through our website.

Unique Reference number:number removed

Instructions to access the Princess Cruises form:

Visit our website http://www.princess.com

Click on 'Contact Us' at the bottom of the page

Select the ' Reimbursement Form' link on the right hand side, underneath "Payment Error"

Once submitted your application will be processed as quickly as possible. Many thanks for your patience.

Still struggling as I clicked "contact us" on the UK web site but could not find the link Payment error Reimbursement link. Hopefully someone on this board has had success and can tell how to do it. Thanks, signed frustrated.

We had our money returned to our bank account last week.

we have emailed Princess UK and Princess USA regarding our concerns as to why Elavon has our bank details.

no reply from anyone. hope they are still looking into what caused the problem and give us some answers

They have your details has they process all payments for Princess, P&O & Cunard in the UK.

They have your details has they process all payments for Princess, P&O & Cunard in the UK.

My main concern is that they have my security details for my bank card.

If it has happened once it could happen again. just want assurance from Princess that it won't.

The main issue is that under the UK data protection act a retailer is not allowed to hold onto such data after the transaction has been completed. This is the question I want Princess et al to answer. Why did their agent retain the data?

The main issue is that under fthe UK data protection act a retailer is not allowed to hold onto such data after the transaction has been completed. This is the question I want Princess et al to answer. Why did their agent retain the data?

Is the data still there? That's what I would like to know.

Doesn't give me confidence to book with Princess if they are using Elavon

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that is a huge concern that charges went through again causing distress to many clients. I hope answers are forthcoming from the Cruise lines. Needless to say, a GREAT reason NEVER to use a DEBIT card for deposits. I was warned by another cruise line to never use a DEBIT card for deposits, too many pitfalls.

Has anyone heard from Princess are or we all still waiting for a response to our emails?

I hadn't heard from Princess so contacted my TA and they phoned Princess and within a short time Guest Relations from Southampton phoned was very apologetic and offered us a free AIBP for our cruise.

Wow, that is a huge concern that charges went through again causing distress to many clients. I hope answers are forthcoming from the Cruise lines. Needless to say, a GREAT reason NEVER to use a DEBIT card for deposits. I was warned by another cruise line to never use a DEBIT card for deposits, too many pitfalls.

Most of if not all these issues I believe are not in the US.

So true about the debit card!

In the U.K. We do not get charged a commission for using a debit card. This is why most payments are made by DC rather than CC. 2.5% commission is a healthy sum. No wonder the cruise companies do not want you to use a DC

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
In the U.K. We do not get charged a commission for using a debit card. This is why most payments are made by DC rather than CC. 2.5% commission is a healthy sum. No wonder the cruise companies do not want you to use a DC

Sent from my iPad using Forums

..........but in the UK you are much better protected if you use a credit card, even if you only pay the deposit, or part of the deposit, by credit card:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases

They have your details as they process all payments for Princess, P&O & Cunard in the UK.

And yet they cannot refund unused OBC!

All Debit transactions on the ship are updated daily, so why can't they credit OBC? Port taxes were returned for a missed port.

We have about $100 waiting to be returned to us. We were told ( in writing on the final account) that this would be sent by cheque in 4-6 weeks time.

I have taken the number from post #3, which I will be ringing in a couple of weeks time, if my cheque hasn't arrived in the mail.