Save $150/choose ONE perk.

mafig

Today's email. Everyone saves $150 and gets to pick ONE perk. Really?

Not only that but I tried to book an 11 day cruise for next year, and they want a $900.00 deposit.

What's up with that?

Well, at least you all were able to actually see pricing and book--I can't get the 11/26 Eclipse to even show cabins available.

I would be embarrassed to call myself a company, but I feel like we may be living a "Disney" situation here. They are making money hand over fist, so who cares about the Customer experience.

Well, at least you all were able to actually see pricing and book--I can't get the 11/26 Eclipse to even show cabins available.

I would be embarrassed to call myself a company, but I feel like we may be living a "Disney" situation here. They are making money hand over fist, so who cares about the Customer experience.

I have called Celebrity and Captains club SEVEN times in the past three weeks about the Eclipse November 26 2017 cruise. I have even called direct to the I T department and still no luck. I do not think the cruise is sold out and it is Very troubling I can not watch the pricing and we can't even see if other cabins for our friends are available.( I am well aware I can keep calling , but this is not right). Each time I phone to check I am told they will forward the" glitch in the system" to the proper people, when???, Getting a bit angry here !!!! Not for anything we are doing a b2b2b on that trip, We also paid on board more than $ 700.00 pp more this year than last for the same room !:eek:Yikes

luvstosail

Boston Ma

What I don't understand is the choose one. I check the price out before choosing one. Then I choose and the price goes up, above what the perk is worth. To be honest, I have one cruise book now with X, I will only book with them again if I can't find what I want with Princess or HAL. Their web site and pricing is too much!

Checked a TA website and there are plenty of cabins available. The X website is one reason we use a TA their website works:)

I booked a 2018 cruise for two of us online in April. It included Classic beverage and $300 OBC. I found the same category cabin on a TA website for 2K less than we had paid. I thought it excluded the perks (not listed) but included a cash card and dining credit. When I called last week, the agent told me that she would call Celebrity to see if the TA price included the two perks as the promotion was in effect for May bookings. She came back and told me she could book the cabin for their listed price (they had two cabins left at that price point) with the two perks (plus their cash card and dining credit). She urged me to take the deal as once the two cabins were sold, their price would match Celebrity's, which had gone up even more than we had paid in April. The Celebrity rep told her that as of June 1st, there would only be one perk available. We were able to cancel my booking with a phone call to Celebrity and release my original cabin to the TA's booking. I checked the Celebrity website today after seeing this thread. Our same cabin category is $150pp less today than it was last week. So the online cruise price looks to be reduced by $300 for two people, which happens to equal the OBC that has now been eliminated as one of the two perks (assuming most people will take the Bev package if just one is offered).

My email says save $150, however, the cruises I've been looking at are less than that.

I've been tracking prices and as of yesterday the price for the Sept. 16 cruise is down $100 in balcony categories. October 6 is down only $50 in all balcony and C categories.:(

Each time I phone to check I am told they will forward the" glitch in the system" to the proper people, when???, Getting a bit angry here !!!! Not for anything we are doing a b2b2b on that trip, We also paid on board more than $ 700.00 pp more this year than last for the same room !:eek:Yikes

My question (not to be snarky towards you but rather Celebrity) is why would they invest the resources to improve the I.T. experience when you will pay $700 pp more this year, for the cruise ?

They don't have to make any additional investment to get you to spend more money so why would they ?

It's all about the return on investment. From their point of view why make the investment in I.T. improvements if people will pay more for the cruise this year than last, with the same poor I.T. ?

The only way they will invest the resources for a fit for purpose I.T. system is if their bookings fall because of the existing system. Obviously if people will pay $700 pp more for a cruise they have no incentive to improve the I.T. experience.

We're the cause of our own unhappiness on this issue. As long as we keep paying the price Celebrity has no incentive to change.

What I don't understand is the choose one. I check the price out before choosing one. Then I choose and the price goes up, above what the perk is worth. To be honest, I have one cruise book now with X, I will only book with them again if I can't find what I want with Princess or HAL. Their web site and pricing is too much!

If you select a 55+ fare, or residence fare, the price per person drops by $150 per person; but on the next screen there is a $150 per person charge for the Go Big 1 perk selection. As of June 1st, they effectively switched from the included Go Better two perk to an included Go Big 1 perk.

Excellent analysis WpgCruise.

Your point seems missed by many of the purchasers of Celebrity's declining product - the poor IT platform is a visible symbol of a company that no longer has pride in their product offering - they are interested only in profits.

My question (not to be snarky towards you but rather Celebrity) is why would they invest the resources to improve the I.T. experience when you will pay $700 pp more this year, for the cruise ?

They don't have to make any additional investment to get you to spend more money so why would they ?

It's all about the return on investment. From their point of view why make the investment in I.T. improvements if people will pay more for the cruise this year than last, with the same poor I.T. ?

The only way they will invest the resources for a fit for purpose I.T. system is if their bookings fall because of the existing system. Obviously if people will pay $700 pp more for a cruise they have no incentive to improve the I.T. experience.

We're the cause of our own unhappiness on this issue. As long as we keep paying the price Celebrity has no incentive to change.

Fortunately, there are former customers who have moved on to other cruise suppliers or are reducing and eliminating cruising. When this trend affects their bottom line, only then will things change.

Wow, paying $700 more pp for the same product a year later - not.

In the interim, the IT will continue to be an overt reflection of Celebrity's contempt for their customers

What 'deal' to settle on is such a crap shoot and unless people watch closely, like many here, they would tend to think cruise line special offers are really good. And guess they are if one is happy with it and is none the wiser.

I feel I lucked out lately and booked a 10 day cruise for next year during the pick 2 perks and 130 fare reduction and was booked while on board ... and I debated if was best I could get but the pick two was definitely rare for a veranda I booked.

So I got a veranda with the special of fare reduction by 130 (pp), pick 2 perks (Beverage Package and 150 OBC pp) and the $200 cabin OBC for on board booking. I keep watching and thus far nothing has come close to this so it was definitely a good deal in comparison. I am a very happy camper. I knew the two perks was a bonus for sure and the fare reduction a bonus, so figured it wouldn't last forever and if it did the base fare would adjust up accordingly.

Hit and miss for sure. I also keep looking to other cruise sailings around same time and no other cost is better when i consider the OBC I have and the lack of any drinks included.

We're booked on the 11/26 sailing. Didn't have any issues, even got one of our favorite cabins. There's plenty of room

Sent from my iPad using Forums

May I ask please when did you do your booking and was it online or with a travel agent or on a previous sailing? The reason I ask is most important...Have you been able to recently open the new Celebrity website and see the pricing ? not on the first screen that just shows inside, OV Balcony suite etc. but on the next page where you can also see room selection? Today is June 2 and again I just got off the phone with Captains Club and once again and we could not open this cruise in the system. We booked this cruise and it's b2b over a year and a half ago along with other cruises and we like to check the pricing, but to no avail. I was again upset because the Captains Club person did say she would forward my issue to I T because she did not see any prior notes in her system about this problem. Thanks in advance for your help.

luvstosail:confused:

Boston Ma.

There is really no deal. The cruise I'm booking is advertised for $799. When you go through the booking they charge you $949 and then deduct to $799 at checkout. I have been looking at this cruise for a few weeks and price has always been the same at $799. There is no deal. We love celebrity in general but hate these things about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We booked a 2019 12 night cruise while on-board in January; fare hasn't moved one iota since booking but we actually received $300 off from this sale and kept our extra perk from booking on-board (no OBC given this time). It is always worth checking.