Fresh off the Oasis...any questions?

You said you did a natural beach. Did you do the Secret Sands excursion from the ship? If so, did they have any floats or snorkel equipment? How about any snacks? I have heard conflicting information so would appreciate any info from a current cruiser.

Thanks, Karen

You said you did a natural beach. Did you do the Secret Sands excursion from the ship? If so, did they have any floats or snorkel equipment? How about any snacks? I have heard conflicting information so would appreciate any info from a current cruiser.

Thanks, Karen

My Sister and I did the Secret Sands excursion in March and loved it. The attendant had pool noodles and some masks and snorkels that anyone could use. He had coolers with drinks (sodas, water, beer and rum punch) available. He worked for tips and did everything to keep his guests happy. He did not have snacks and the location is remote so there were no food options nearby. His solution was to have pizza delivered for the ones who wanted it. We didn't order but I recall a family said they gave him a $20 for a pepperoni pizza that they had delivered.

I will add that this was the best beach day that I have ever had. Enjoy.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, We are sailing the Oasis to St Maarten next year. I was wondering what it is like getting off the ship. We have sailed Carnival and it always seems very crowded trying to get off the ship. I know Oasis is bigger and my wife wants to get off quickly in St Maarten if it is possible. Thanks for any advice.

Hi, We are sailing the Oasis to St Maarten next year. I was wondering what it is like getting off the ship. We have sailed Carnival and it always seems very crowded trying to get off the ship. I know Oasis is bigger and my wife wants to get off quickly in St Maarten if it is possible. Thanks for any advice.

We were on Oasis last month and stopped in St. Maarten. No issues at all getting off the ship.

We just returned from the Eastern Oasis cruise. Stops were Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maartin. We were mid ship on deck 10 with a balcony. Quick observations:

Drink package was fabulous!

We did the Wines of the World and it was a complete waste of money. We were not happy at all. We had the drink package and paid $30 in advance. Everyone at our table paid $10 and were not on the drink package. The tasting consisted of 5 small portions of wine...about 2 sips and a cheese plate of 5 pieces of cheese to be shared with 2 people. The ad said "food pairings", this was false.

We did the Blue Lagoon Sea Lion swim in Nassau and loved it.

We did a scenic drive and natural beach in St. Thomas/ The ride was an adventure in itself.

We did Great Bay Beach in St. Maartin on our own, right off the ship by water taxi and this was our favorite day.

We liked Chops but LOVED Giovanni's. Their filet was far superior to Chops.

The water show and ice shows were amazing. CATS was cancelled for our show time.

The Champagne Bar was my favorite bar. My husband preferred Globe and Atlas.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Can you elaborate on the Blue Lagoon Sea Lion swim? We will be stopping in Nassau in March and am looking for some excursions. We did a dolphin swim a few weeks ago while in St. Maarten and my daughter loved it. Thinking the sea lions may be a nice change. Was this swimming intensive? How long was the excursion? Was it a long boat ride from the pier?

We were on Oasis last month and stopped in St. Maarten. No issues at all getting off the ship.

We sailed with Bob. If you haven't been on an Oasis class ship before, you'll be surprised at how well they handle crowd control overall. :D We never had a wait to get off or back onto the ship.

We were in 10606. The first day/night was horribly hot. After that it was nice and cool in the room. Just turn to farthest cool setting as soon as you walk in the door. Also, it's very important to pay attention to the door handle on your balcony. It has to be down to keep the AC on. We messed up the first day and it took until the second day to cool the room down.

Dumb question but honestly can't remember...can you place handle in down position when both me and my wife are on the balcony? We spend a great amount of time on ours and hoping the AC doesn't cut off when we are out there.

I don't even think Oasis has reserved sections for Diamond Plus.

Would oasis be different than allure for reserved seating in theatre? I know d plus were permitted in the suite section on allure. The signs did not say it (it only mentioned sky, star and pinnacle card holders) but as long as your card said d plus you were allowed in section.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Would oasis be different than allure for reserved seating in theatre? I know d plus were permitted in the suite section on allure. The signs did not say it (it only mentioned sky, star and pinnacle card holders) but as long as your card said d plus you were allowed in section.

Oasis could be different than Allure, these kinds of things are not always consistent between ships. I only went by the signs I saw on Oasis, so if they were not following the signage, I was unaware.

Dumb question but honestly can't remember...can you place handle in down position when both me and my wife are on the balcony? We spend a great amount of time on ours and hoping the AC doesn't cut off when we are out there.

Yes you can........

Did you have any problem getting reservations at the speciality restaurants? I just purchased the 3 dinner package and they couldn't book for the end of the week. I hope to line up our speciality dining as soon as we get on board. Don't want to give up our My Time reservations until I have a confirmed speciality date and time.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. This is our first time on the Oasis Class ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you have any problem getting reservations at the speciality restaurants? I just purchased the 3 dinner package and they couldn't book for the end of the week. I hope to line up our speciality dining as soon as we get on board. Don't want to give up our My Time reservations until I have a confirmed speciality date and time.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. This is our first time on the Oasis Class ship.

You don't have to give up your My Time reservations when you book a specialty restaurant. The reservations are in the same system.