Online Access to Reservation?

I just got off the phone with a Royal Caribbean rep who told me I can't access my reservation until 3 months before sailing. Is this correct? Is this new? I asked how can I reserve dining, excursions, etc and he said I could call 6 months ahead of time and I could do it over the phone. But not online. Whaaaattt??? I don't understand how I can even look at what to reserve if I can't see my reservation. I'm not a novice - I have done over 25 cruises - but this is the first I've heard of this. Can someone enlighten me? Thank you.

I just got off the phone with a Royal Caribbean rep who told me I can't access my reservation until 3 months before sailing. Is this correct? Is this new? I asked how can I reserve dining, excursions, etc and he said I could call 6 months ahead of time and I could do it over the phone. But not online. Whaaaattt??? I don't understand how I can even look at what to reserve if I can't see my reservation. I'm not a novice - I have done over 25 cruises - but this is the first I've heard of this. Can someone enlighten me? Thank you.

Unless this is some new restriction that started today, I don't think what the rep told you is true.

The only 90 day restriction of which I am aware is the ability to check-in online.

If you're talking about accessing the cruise planner I think that's correct. I can't access mine for a January cruise and I've read I won't be able to make reservations or get the dining or beverage package until 3-4 months out.

I have 2 cruises booked Harmony in November 2017 and Freedom in November 2018, I am able to access both. For Harmony Internet and excursions were available a year ago, Dining was available at 225 days out, the only thing not available to book yet is my entertainment.

The Freedom cruise I can book excursions only.

Strange how some can and some can't.

You can't do check in until about 90 days before

But you can certainly access the reservation at any time to book shore excursions etc.

No, I can't. That is what I am saying. I am not talking about the Cruise Planner. I cannot access the existing, actual reservation online. At all. Nothing. I am not a novice or computer illiterate. I have done many cruises & I understand the 90 day check in rule.

And as I said in the first post, he told me "you cannot ACCESS your reservation until 3 months ahead of sailing". And I kept questioning him. He worked with me to click on "view reservation". And it still said I could not access the actual reservation. He reiterated the 3 month limit. And gave me some convoluted logic about too many changes and too many reservations to handle, etc blah, blah blah. All I am asking is: has anyone else experienced this? is this the new standard for RC? Thanks for your input.

Berni

... All I am asking is: has anyone else experienced this? is this the new standard for RC? Thanks for your input.

Berni

I can access one of our reservations in Feb 2019. When I go into the Online Check-in portion, it says I have to wait 520 days to check-in.

What's the error you get ?

Here is what appears at the top of the page when I click "view reservation":

We're sorry, but we are unable to retrieve your booking information at this time. For assistance, please call 866-562-7625

So I called that number & the rep gave me the info I've already posted above. I thought it may be a glitch, but have been trying to access the reservation for over 3 weeks now.

We're sorry, but we are unable to retrieve your booking information at this time. For assistance, please call 866-562-7625

So I called that number & the rep gave me the info I've already posted above. I thought it may be a glitch, but have been trying to access the reservation for over 3 weeks now.

If you have cruised with RC before and are a member of Crown & Anchor, I'd call them and ask why you cannot access your reservation. I've had much better luck getting accurate info from C&A, than from the normal customer service people who seem to make up answers way too often.

I'm having the same problem and error message. I was able to access it before and purchased all my excursions but now can't access it. Three times I've called them and got the run around but absolutely zero help in fixing the problem. At least I'm not the only one having this problem, thought it was just me. Annoying. [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After reading the posts in this thread I checked my reservations/cruise planner. I was able to log in and then access both my October 2017 and January 2018 cruises. For now not an issue, or later, who knows.

If you're talking about accessing the cruise planner I think that's correct. I can't access mine for a January cruise and I've read I won't be able to make reservations or get the dining or beverage package until 3-4 months out.

I can access my cruise planners for next February and April. However, there is nothing available to book or purchase once I get into it.

i accessed online right away in FEB when i booked my NOV cruise. also i just canceled it online and added my TA reservation number and it instantly came up.

was shocked how great the site worked for this and i canceled my original booking in seconds.

Ha! I just tried again to access my reservation, and got a different message :

The requested reservation is currently being modified. Please try again at a later time.

Whatever. I got better things to do than worry about this. But I WILL take the suggestion to call the Crown & Anchor about it. Thx everyone!

Berni

Can access both September and February reservations and have made dining reservations for February. Can also do VOOM, excursions, spa now, but not beverages. Did have to add February cruises to "My Cruises" but all of this worked as soon as I booked.. Have had a few cases of not being able to get into the reservation, but these usually happen when I forget to exit properly or when they have website problems and go away after a 1/2 hour or so.

I have that error showing up on a cruise I have booked in August. I was told by the IT department several days ago to email them. (Obviously a way to get me off the phone because he couldn't help me.) Then I finally got an email back just a little while ago that told me to stay logged out and access the cruise planner and online check in in via the 'before you board' tab. This worked for me. It's annoying and I still can't get to the reservation page with the itinerary and stuff... but I was able to book my entertainment.

I can't access my reservation either. I get this error: We're sorry, but we are unable to retrieve your booking information at this time. For assistance, please call 866-562-7625.

It has been like this for at least two weeks. I was planning on checking in online today. My cruise leaves on July 2, I have been too busy to do it until now. Has anyone had any luck calling the number?

I can't access my reservation either. I get this error: We're sorry, but we are unable to retrieve your booking information at this time. For assistance, please call 866-562-7625.

It has been like this for at least two weeks. I was planning on checking in online today. My cruise leaves on July 2, I have been too busy to do it until now. Has anyone had any luck calling the number?

I am getting the same error on my July 16 trip. Called the number and they had to contact some other department. I was given an IT case number. Was told to wait until the end of the weekend and try again.

I would call and make sure your reservation is included in any fix they do.

I am getting the same error on my July 16 trip. Called the number and they had to contact some other department. I was given an IT case number. Was told to wait until the end of the weekend and try again.

I would call and make sure your reservation is included in any fix they do.

I called yesterday and was on the phone for about 35 minutes. He wasn't able to help me. He said he submitted an IT ticket but did not give me a number. He said someone would contact me on Monday or Tuesday.

So annoying.

I called yesterday and was on the phone for about 35 minutes. He wasn't able to help me. He said he submitted an IT ticket but did not give me a number. He said someone would contact me on Monday or Tuesday.

So annoying.

Did he specify any particular Monday or Tuesday?;)

No, I can't. That is what I am saying. I am not talking about the Cruise Planner. I cannot access the existing, actual reservation online. At all. Nothing. I am not a novice or computer illiterate. I have done many cruises & I understand the 90 day check in rule.

And as I said in the first post, he told me "you cannot ACCESS your reservation until 3 months ahead of sailing". And I kept questioning him. He worked with me to click on "view reservation". And it still said I could not access the actual reservation. He reiterated the 3 month limit. And gave me some convoluted logic about too many changes and too many reservations to handle, etc blah, blah blah. All I am asking is: has anyone else experienced this? is this the new standard for RC? Thanks for your input.

Berni

I just had a similar experience. I haven't been able to access my reservation for quite a while. I finally got in through IE and made a final payment. However, it doesn't show that I have paid in full. I did not get a confirming email, either. So I called and was send a statement that showed a -0- balance. Yippie.

I called a few minutes ago because I was unable to get in to see what kind of excurisions were available. I was told that I could not sign up for excursions until 90 days or so until the cruise left.

Now I KNOW that is NOT true!!

They don't have a clue.

We had 2 reservations that I have previously looked at, this January and August 2018. Today we booked 2 new cruises for 2019. When I signed on using my tablet, which I have done before, to see if they were there everything had disappeared! When I logged on from my laptop 3 of the 4 were there. Added #4. When I went to look further couldn't get into #1, says being modified. Our first 2 are with a TA but 2 new ones haven't been transferred yet. One shows the balance, the other doesn't. Nothing makes sense. Oh well. It will get straightened out eventually.