Carnival Easy Pay

Didn't that kinda already exist? You put your deposit down, and you could pay over time until you got to the final payment date. I did this on my current cruise. I'd wait for Kroger to run their 4x promotion on gift cards and go get some and put it towards the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not sure who would do this instead of making payments in the amounts you choose up to final payment date. It really makes no sense to me as a cruiser but makes total sense to Carnival Corporate (having your money months in advance). I suspect this program will have a short lifespan. Actually, it should be DOA.

I got an email regarding my thoughts before they rolled this out. Their intention was to get the customers who cannot budget for a cruise. They make it simpler to pay in installments.

I think this is an awful idea. If you cannot budget for a cruise, maybe you should rethink your "vacation." I have a feeling this is going to have even more people taking off their tips because they "can't afford it."

Carnival has been a budget cruise. But they have sunk (pun intended) below that level with this.

Didn't that kinda already exist? You put your deposit down, and you could pay over time until you got to the final payment date. I did this on my current cruise. I'd wait for Kroger to run their 4x promotion on gift cards and go get some and put it towards the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do this too!

I admit I use easy pay sometimes when ordering through QVC but that's different. I pay the first installment upon ordering and they immediately ship the product. I'm sure they aren't going to let you pay for a cruise after you take it. So with that being said, I don't see where Carnival's easy pay has any real benefit unlike QVCs.

I admit I use easy pay sometimes when ordering through QVC but that's different. I pay the first installment upon ordering and they immediately ship the product. I'm sure they aren't going to let you pay for a cruise after you take it. So with that being said, I don't see where Carnival's easy pay has any real benefit unlike QVCs.

QVC....Quick Vacation Club??;)

My guess is that their intention with this - regardless of what they say re "easier for people to budget" - is to attract people who are already QVC (and similar) shoppers. People who have never cruised because they feel it's too expensive may not know that making installments is already available. So by marketing this, particularly with an identical name as the QVC program, they can attract some of those potential first time cruisers.

My guess is that their intention with this - regardless of what they say re "easier for people to budget" - is to attract people who are already QVC (and similar) shoppers. People who have never cruised because they feel it's too expensive may not know that making installments is already available. So by marketing this, particularly with an identical name as the QVC program, they can attract some of those potential first time cruisers.

Maybe. But you would think that since you only need to put down the deposit and it tells you when final payment is due, that they should be able to figure that out. But you could be right.

As a QVC shopper though, what comes to my mind is that I can make monthly payments even if final payment date has passed or even the cruise has happened which I don't think is the case. This would be the only way IMHO that this way would be of any value at all. At least to me.

I don't see that it's a big deal. For people who don't have high limits on their credit cards and/or want to pay them off in full each month without breaking the bank, it makes sense. So what if you can basically do that on your own already? If some folks find it easier this way, what's the problem? It's not required of anyone else.

No, can't book the revenue until it is earned.

I'm giggling a little as that has to be a beancounter comment... I was going post the same thing. Ha ha. Cashflow more the point. They have cashflow sooner than later.

I'm not trying to sound high and mighty about personal finance or judgmental but maybe people should consider whether it actually makes sense to take a vacation they can't comfortably pay for outright when they book it. Nothing hurts my soul more than to hear a student paying for spring break on a credit card or getting a credit card or extra student loan to finance something like that.

I got an email regarding my thoughts before they rolled this out. Their intention was to get the customers who cannot budget for a cruise. They make it simpler to pay in installments.

I think this is an awful idea. If you cannot budget for a cruise, maybe you should rethink your "vacation." I have a feeling this is going to have even more people taking off their tips because they "can't afford it."

Carnival has been a budget cruise. But they have sunk (pun intended) below that level with this.

Seriously? We book multiple cruises at a time, usually up to two years out. We never pay the full balance up front. Why give Carnival the money when it can stay in my bank account where it collects interest. Also it never hurts to have the extra money in case of emergencies. Just because someone pays in installments doesn't mean people can't budget.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app