Brooklyn terminal to LGA on a Sunday

calliecat

American Airlines has changed our departure time again. We are now scheduled to fly out at 1130 am. This is the 3rd time change and if it keeps up, we'll be leaving before the ship docks! I've read that there is a lot of construction around LaGuardia. Is it possible on a Sunday to do a walk off and get to the airport in time to make an 1130 flight? I have a couple more months before our cruise and am wondering if I need to call AA and get a later flight.

I will post this on the East Coast departures as well.

American Airlines has changed our departure time again. We are now scheduled to fly out at 1130 am. This is the 3rd time change and if it keeps up, we'll be leaving before the ship docks! I've read that there is a lot of construction around LaGuardia. Is it possible on a Sunday to do a walk off and get to the airport in time to make an 1130 flight? I have a couple more months before our cruise and am wondering if I need to call AA and get a later flight.

I will post this on the East Coast departures as well.

Yes. Do the first self walk off and call Uber or a car service. https://www.dial7.com/

American Airlines has changed our departure time again. We are now scheduled to fly out at 1130 am. This is the 3rd time change and if it keeps up, we'll be leaving before the ship docks!

That actually happened to us with a JetBlue flight a couple of years ago. They changed an 11:30 am flight to 8:30 am. We ended up flying home the next day!

Wishing you good luck,

Denise

Thanks everyone. If they don't change the flight again, I think I will keep it. We have done walk-offs several times. Regarding dial7.....would I have to give them a specific time if I don't know when I would be off the ship?

Thanks everyone. If they don't change the flight again, I think I will keep it. We have done walk-offs several times. Regarding dial7.....would I have to give them a specific time if I don't know when I would be off the ship?

We have done the walk off in Brooklyn several times with before noon flights at LGA and JFK. Have not had an issue.

You will be given your bag tags and walk off time a day or 2 before the end of the cruise so you could make a quick call from onboard to update your time with Dial 7.

I would give them a time around 7:00 to 7:30 then call them once in port with your walk off time ASAP to update them.

Uber you could call when you walk off the ship and they would be there within 15 minutes or so.

American changed my LGA flight also...from 330(1530) to 530 (1730) . So I booked a NYC city through Princess. One thing I like about ship transfers is they are responsible to get me to the airport.

American changed my LGA flight also...from 330(1530) to 530 (1730) . So I booked a NYC city through Princess. One thing I like about ship transfers is they are responsible to get me to the airport.

If you mean a post cruise Princess tour.....

We have done that tour before and enjoyed it.

Just curious which is closer to Brooklyn Terminal LGA of JFK?

JFK is 12.9 miles and LGA is 12.3 miles from Red Hook.

Depending on which route you take, google maps claims that it will take 39 minutes in heavy traffic to LGA and 51 minutes to get to JFK in heavy traffic. I would say that the estimated time is close to correct.

If you can change your flight to aJFK departure, do it! LGA is being rebuilt, has been so hard to get to that people exit their cabs on the Grand Central Parkway and walk to the airport dragging their luggage.

We gave them an approximate time. Then we called them as we were disembarking to let them know we would be at the pickup spot within 30 minutes (after immigration).

You got that right Joe!

We used to use a car service that did not charge extra for the tolls. They took care of them

It's a good alternative with extra options for us.

Yep. We used a car service last year getting off the QM2 and will be using a car service in September getting back on the QM2. Really is a great way to get to the airports.

If you mean a post cruise Princess tour.....

We have done that tour before and enjoyed it.

We are really looking forward to that tour. Hopefully American Airlines will leave our flights alone.