72 hour sale on now! - many discounts - check your cruise planner!!

tartana

I called X and wasted 20 minutes to find that there are no discounted dining options on my cruise. Good job X in sending a directed e-mail linked to my cruise and letting the passenger spend an hour fiddling around trying to get a non-existent discount. Leaves a wonderful impression.

Happy for those that received a positive result.

When is your sailing date?

I was able to book a sale excursion yesterday BUT the system wouldn't accept any OBC...I tried to call but they were so busy I just gave up, paid for it and saved the OBC. Wonder if ayone else had this issue.

I was able to book a sale excursion yesterday BUT the system wouldn't accept any OBC...I tried to call but they were so busy I just gave up, paid for it and saved the OBC. Wonder if ayone else had this issue.

Not saying this is what happened to you, but just in case the problem you had was that it's very difficult to figure out how to apply OBC to pre-cruise purchases on the web site: first you have to notice and then click on the little toggle box at the left to signal that you want to use OBC, then you have to notice the little slider under that and slide it to the right until the amount of OBC you want to use is displayed, and THEN you hit the "apply credit" button.

I was really stymied the first time I tried to make a purchase using OBC. I kept clicking the "apply credit' button, to no avail. Then I finally noticed that little toggle box, and then the slider. The site really should have instructions on that page, or, even easier --- just have a box where you type in the amount of OBC to be used and then hit "apply." Sheesh.

I received multiple emails about the 72 hour sail. Every time I try to access the sale, the site fails to load, then locks me out. I've been on hold 3 times each for over 1/2 hour with CC. They sent me a link to the shore excursions. I deleted cookies and cache on 4 different browsers and each time arrived at a page that no longer exists. I am SO SICK OF LISTENING TO THE RECORDING ABOUT MODERN LUXURY!!!!!!!. :mad::mad::mad:

This is a real annoyance. Happened to me too, and I've NEVER had it happen before. That said, I've never clicked on one of celebrity's emails like this.

I wrote them - a long, long email detailing what happened, when, and my thoughts on why and how to fix it. And other things that are broken/annoying. We'll see what happens.

Just an FYI on reporting website problems - make sure to specify what browser/version, what OS, system specs, if you've added any options to the browser (adblock, security/AV software, etc) and where you were and what you were doing when it happened. Makes it much easier to figure out where the problem is and how to fix it.

Not saying this is what happened to you, but just in case the problem you had was that it's very difficult to figure out how to apply OBC to pre-cruise purchases on the web site: first you have to notice and then click on the little toggle box at the left to signal that you want to use OBC, then you have to notice the little slider under that and slide it to the right until the amount of OBC you want to use is displayed, and THEN you hit the "apply credit" button.

I was really stymied the first time I tried to make a purchase using OBC. I kept clicking the "apply credit' button, to no avail. Then I finally noticed that little toggle box, and then the slider. The site really should have instructions on that page, or, even easier --- just have a box where you type in the amount of OBC to be used and then hit "apply." Sheesh.

Thanks--that could be it! I don't recall any "slider"!

I tried and would not accept my OBC. Captain's club was able to process. Once again poor wen ste.

I tried all means of applying our OBC before purchasing but it would not do it. As the sale ends shortly and Celebrity are closed I had to make payment in full.

Plan on calling tomorrow to get the OBC applied and difference refunded to my credit card.

Prepared to argue the toss if they won't do it!

Their IT and website are rubbish for such a large company!

Would I be better ringing CC direct or Celebrity main number?

Anyone have the UK direct dial for CC?

Further to my last post - to stop the stress in the morning, I went back in and cancelled one of the trips and then went back in and rebooked it, found the blue dot sliding thing mentioned helpfully by Jayander and applied all the credit needed to cover the cost.

I'll now have to stomach the first payment until Celebrity refunds it back to my credit card!

Does anyone know how long that will actually take in Celebrity world?

Thanks for the help on here to do this, shame the website doesn't offer the same assistance! :confused:

That is exactly what happened to me. I actually went back to the email to call about it and the number they listed was incorrect on their email. So, I looked up how to actually call Celebrity and figured it out while I was on hold. The slider wasn't the problem ... it was that it wasn't clear that I had to enter the amount of OBC that I wanted to use towards the purchase. It really shouldn't be that hard but I do place half the blame myself on that one ... not on the disconnected phone number, though.....that was all on them!! Doesn't anybody double check these things before sending them out?

Well, it all worked out in the long run. :D