Military discount and perks

karena1

Right now, Celebrity is combining Military discounts with the perks. I just got a Nov 2018 Infinity cruise with the Military discount and the Bev Pkg. Concierge for less than a regular balcony and only $50pp more than an OV, so really a great deal

Our April 2019 in Equinox also able to combine the Military discount with the bev pkg.

So if you are active or a Vet, check this out!

Per website: *Prices are per person, cruise only, for stateroom category 12 or Z. Military Savings Offer applies to select 4-night and longer sailings departing July 1, 2017 – April 30, 2019. Offer excludes Galapagos. At least one guest in the stateroom must be an active or retired member of the United States or Canada Military. A valid U.S. or Canadian military ID must be presented at the pier to validate eligibility. If eligibility cannot be validated, you will be charged the current standard cruise fare or otherwise be denied boarding.

I booked my cruise a few months ago and we got $150 per person OBC and Classic Beverage Package with Concierge class.

It took a bit to show results on website after submitting a form with my DD 214, which you MUST do !

I booked my cruise a few months ago and we got $150 per person OBC and Classic Beverage Package with Concierge class.

It took a bit to show results on website after submitting a form with my DD 214, which you MUST do !

Doess the discount apply to just active & and retired or can you get it if you are a vet?

Edited by jelayne
typo

My husband was in the Air Force Reserves for a number of years and has his DD214 but does not have a military ID card. Would that be sufficient?

A DD-214 is fine but you must meet their definition of Veteran:

Celebrity offers military discounts on select sailings to active or reserve personnel currently serving in the Canadian Forces, United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard or National Guard, and retired personnel from any of these divisions. "Retired" is defined as A) enlisted personnel or officers with a minimum of 20 years of service, B) medically retired, or C) 100% disabled

Veterans with an honorable discharge serving a minimum of 2 years, or 6-months in an active war zone, in any of the United States service divisions listed above are also eligible.

Finally, spouses of actively deployed or deceased military personnel are eligible to book one stateroom at the military rate. The spouse of the military member must be booked in the stateroom and others in the same stateroom will also be allowed to cruise at the military rate. Qualifying guests must present the proper military ID and a driver's license or passport at the time of booking.

Right now, Celebrity is combining Military discounts with the perks. I just got a Nov 2018 Infinity cruise with the Military discount and the Bev Pkg. Concierge for less than a regular balcony and only $50pp more than an OV, so really a great deal

Our April 2019 in Equinox also able to combine the Military discount with the bev pkg.

So if you are active or a Vet, check this out!

That's not necessarily the case in all instances. I have a AUS/NZ cruise booked next February. They recently were offering the military discount, which resulted in a $2300 reduction in the fare I originally booked. Only problem, I had to give up my free gratuities and bev package to get the military discount. They told my TA that I couldn't combine. Anyway, the $448 gratuities + whatever I would consume in alcohol (we're Elite+) wouldn't come close to the $2300 reduction, so I gave them both up.

My husband was in the Air Force Reserves for a number of years and has his DD214 but does not have a military ID card. Would that be sufficient?

I've gotten the military discount on several cruises, and I've never been asked for either my ID or a DD214 when checking in. I would have the documents available just in case.

I've gotten the military discount on several cruises, and I've never been asked for either my ID or a DD214 when checking in. I would have the documents available just in case.

My DD-214 is on file with X. Just got military discount and OBC on Summit, 9/2018. If you have a TA, as I do, she has my DD-214 on file with all the cruise lines I've cruised with in case it comes into usage again. Of course with Princess, veterans get $100 OBC on all cruises 7 days or more, all the time.

That's not necessarily the case in all instances. I have a AUS/NZ cruise booked next February. They recently were offering the military discount, which resulted in a $2300 reduction in the fare I originally booked. Only problem, I had to give up my free gratuities and bev package to get the military discount. They told my TA that I couldn't combine. Anyway, the $448 gratuities + whatever I would consume in alcohol (we're Elite+) wouldn't come close to the $2300 reduction, so I gave them both up.

I just came across the cruise that you're referring to. Amazing pricing for military discount. We are thinking about it but would be flying from California I'm not sure with such a long flight especially since we will be doing a Europe cruise in October. Waiting to see what choice air will have in the way of fares once they are up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums