Why no Transatlanic round trip cruises?

Explorer TP is 24.
Where did the Explore embark/disembark?

I heard of a 60 day cruise that went from to Europe via Pacific, and they were complaining that the menus/shows were repeated several times, since it was more like several shorter cruises joined together.

Oh wow thanks guys. I don't know why I thought it was a general 3 days to get to South Hampton. Guess I should have done more research. Too bad because I'd love to go, visit Normandie, and some other historic D-Day sites for a few days and come back.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

We did the Normandy beaches on Legend when we stopped in Le Harve. It was two hours drive one way, and we also got to see the Bayeaux Tapestry. Unfortunately, we still had to fly back.

Holland America does a R/T Ft. Lauderdale cruise to Europe, tours the Mediterranean and Africa, and then returns to Florida. Great way to see the Med without flying. However, it is 54 days. The departure date is Mar. 2018

We checked into that cruise on the Princendam. It was very expensive for those of us that prefer JS real estate.

We had booked a Cunard NY Round trip, and our TA said we didn't need tuxes. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how we'd pay for it, so I had to cancel. I still haven't gotten Cunard to synch up with the other cruise lines. Maybe I need to check Cunard first, then see if I can find something else to fit.

I ask this here because RCCL is our preferred cruise line but question could be for other lines such as NCL. Why does't RCCL throw in a couple of 10 or 12 day Transatlantic round trip cruises? Its what 3 days to South Hampton? Could go and stay for 2 days like going to Bermuda, see some really incredible history and then come back. Royal would also get something they like quite a few sea days for people to spend lots of money. So what do you think, good idea, bad idea, it'll never happen? All of the above?

We keep hoping for that. We don't like to fly.

And some of Super Marios are 100+ days, but separate cruises make up that number.

I wonder what he does with all of his glass blocks since he gets one every 5 weeks.

Not the same, this is a continuous voyage in one direction, not repeating any ports

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

^ I assume Royal doesn't offer the long voyages bookable as one sailing or separate segments (like other lines do) because it would overwhelm their IT system. Their only deviation is some interporting on Med itineraries.

Global Odyssey is how it is marketed.

Same as the Hornblowers cruise

It may be marketed as a "Global Odyssey" but it's 3 separate bookings. And with it being 3 separate bookings you get more "amenities" than you would on one long 42 day voyage. That was one comment I heard about Explorer's TP.

It may be marketed as a "Global Odyssey" but it's 3 separate bookings. And with it being 3 separate bookings you get more "amenities" than you would on one long 42 day voyage. That was one comment I heard about Explorer's TP.

We considered booking two cabins. 18 bottles of White Zin. [emoji33]

Queen Mary does round trips regularly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yeah I checked and there was one that was cheap enough that we could go. Just gotta get my tux ready. ;p Seriously though, maybe down the line?

You could leave NY on the NCL Breakaway on April 15 2018 for a 12 day to Southampton, spend 13 days in England and vicinity (take train to France and see Normandy) and return on the QM2 on May 10. Two cruises and some land time to explore historical stuff. All bases covered. Now to clean out my couch cushions for loose change . . .