Bar Prices

Anyone have a definitive list of prices of drinks? Sailing on a 5-nighter Anthem of the Seas cruise and the Ultimate Beverage Package looks to be very expensive. Trying to work out individual prices as a comparison.

Is the list on the website? I've had a quick look and can't see it.

Thanks in advance

There's no definitive list. Prices vary by ship and sometimes by bar on the same ship. Figure around $12 for frozen/blender/top shelf drinks. The basic well drinks (gin & tonic, etc.) will be around $8 to $9.

We just got off Oasis were alarmed to see a beer with tip was over $9, these are stripclub prices. It's pretty clear they're driving you to the drink packages. In our case, we don't drink that much and we go to the Diamond club at night so with the higher prices we're drinking less.

If you have more than 5 drinks a day it will generally be worth the drink package. But take into account port days, you might drink less on a port day but you're still paying for the package.

In February a glass of wine in the main dining room with gratuity included was 10.61.

I'm planning on adding the package again for our Bermuda cruise. Once I figure 2-3 glasses of wine during dinner, coffee with frangelico, drink by the pool or in a show.

Just off Oasis, mostly drank beer, drink of the day, or what we brought on board... worst deal I had was a coconut mojito, in a smallish glass, @ a little over $15 total. Thankful I drink beer... otherwise you'd basically *have* to have a package if you drank any amount at all.

If you're at least gold or platinum, you should get a BOGO on beer or wine, per guest at that level. We had two staterooms so that was 4 bottles of wine/champagne we could bring on board. Plus our TA gave us $25/stateroom beverage credit so that bought a few drinks. Also TA gave us a soda package. And last but not least we had a few drinks on shore at cheaper prices. Not sure if signage was legit or not but in Cozumel pier shops I saw beer advertised at 2 for $3 (Sol or Dos Equis.)

In our case I was glad we didn't buy the beverage plan- would have been stressed out about not drinking enough and doing so would have been "wasting" (sort of) the other benefits/perks/etc. we had. But I can see how it would be necessary if you're downing several $13 + gratuity drinks/day on board and don't have any other perks.

I too would rather go without than pay the full drink package price (about $800 / two people / 1 week). If it goes on a good sale I'd consider it though. We expect to do a lot of our drinking in port (at least we can get some better quality / local beer & cider & wine that way), so between that and bringing on 2 bottles of wine, we'll just keep our drink purchases to a minimum. Its one thing to pay those prices for a night out once in awhile, but 7 nights in a row, even for a vacation, is more than I'm willing to deal with. The free drink package is a huge plus with NCL for us; too bad we aren't as much of a fan of everything else. For the right price/itinerary/ship we are willing to take them though.

That is only a one time use perk.

Yeah, but it does apply per guest, so if your spouse doesn't drink much you can take advantage of theirs as well. Same for the bottles per stateroom allotment... 2 adults, 2 kids across two staterooms still = 4 750 ml bottles, might as well take advantage of all you can :) It all adds up.

10 drink card showed up for us mid cruise and they were pushing it pretty hard. $79 I believe. Not worth it for beer but another way to supplement w/o the beverage package commitment, if you're drinking a couple of the $13 drinks a day.

A few of last weeks prices

Sparkling wine

Chandon Brut 14

Prosecco 14

White/Rose

White Zinfandel 8

Sauvignon Blanc 12

Pinot Grigio 10

Chardonnay 9 to 11

Conundrum 16

Rose 14

Red

Pinot Noir 11 to 12

Merlot 12

Cabernet Sauvignon 9 to 11

Beers

Bud 6.95

Conor's 6.95

Heineken 6.50

Michelob 6.95

Miller 6.95

Red Stripe 6.50

Fosters Oil Can 7.50

Cider

Strongbow 6.95

Deluxe Package 55

Refreshment Package 26

Soda Package 8.50

All plus 18% gratuity

Thanks to those who have replied.

Do RC ever have a 'sale' and drop the price of their packages?

Is it cheaper to buy a package (maybe the soda one) before you board?

Yes, sales come and go. Keep checking you Cruise Planner.

A few of last weeks prices

Sparkling wine

Chandon Brut 14

Prosecco 14

White/Rose

White Zinfandel 8

Sauvignon Blanc 12

Pinot Grigio 10

Chardonnay 9 to 11

Conundrum 16

Rose 14

Red

Pinot Noir 11 to 12

Merlot 12

Cabernet Sauvignon 9 to 11

Beers

Bud 6.95

Conor's 6.95

Heineken 6.50

Michelob 6.95

Miller 6.95

Red Stripe 6.50

Fosters Oil Can 7.50

Cider

Strongbow 6.95

Deluxe Package 55

Refreshment Package 26

Soda Package 8.50

All plus 18% gratuity

Thanks for the prices. Just FYI if your user name is your real email, it probably is not a good idea to use it here for "all the world" to see. :)

It's pretty clear they're driving you to the drink packages. .

DH and I both commented on this. My observation was that very few people (at least at the bars) were paying by the drink, they were either using drink package or not drinking. And I know this because the people would sign the slip and lay it down on the bar in front of me. And I could see it said $0.00. And YES, I am nosy. I was running out of drink ideas so trying to check out what other people were ordering and the price. :)

Anyone have a definitive list of prices of drinks? Sailing on a 5-nighter Anthem of the Seas cruise and the Ultimate Beverage Package looks to be very expensive. Trying to work out individual prices as a comparison.

Is the list on the website? I've had a quick look and can't see it.

Thanks in advance

Some more anecdotal information. Just sailed that exact itinerary on June 3rd. Had some of the best scotch on the ship on the rocks from Laphroaig (Michaels Genuine Pub), Ardberg (Michaels Genuine Pub), and even Macallan (Indoor Pool Bar), all were between $8.95 - and $11.00 which was a pleasant surprise but didn't matter since I sprung for the sip and stream package which included the deluxe.

By the way, Oasis class is still my favorite but you picked a wonderful ship and Bermuda is no less than beautiful. Very jealous!!! ENJOY!

Edited by Spacecaydet
spelling

Thanks to those who have replied.

Do RC ever have a 'sale' and drop the price of their packages?

Is it cheaper to buy a package (maybe the soda one) before you board?

Right now the Deluxe Package is on sale for $39/day for my Anthem cruise in July. That is 35% off price of the package onboard the ship. Pretty good deal in my opinion.