Why is the Liberty still in Galveston?

They are installing new antennas for internet. Fast speeds tonight, allegedly. .

If you have VOOM, please do a speed test and report. This would be only the second turn around day install of O3B ever. Thanks.

The main thing to look for is the PING time - anything below 500 ms (should really be in the 200 range) would probably mean they got O3B. The current internet on most older ships have ping of 600 ms or higher. I'm having doubts they would do this.

The main thing to look for is the PING time - anything below 500 ms (should really be in the 200 range) would probably mean they got O3B. The current internet on most older ships have ping of 600 ms or higher. I'm having doubts they would do this.

I've go to speed test on my phone. I'll post the exact results.

Hopefully the new antenna will take care of the internet issue. I disembarked this morning from Liberty. Internet was horrible! I kept losing the signal so I couldn't post any pictures or send attachments to emails while I was onboard. My husband, aunt, and sister-in-law were all having the same problem. The IT guys claimed that were were the only ones complaining about the internet and it was user error even though they couldn't get it to work either. I could understand it being a device issue if it was only one device. However, my husband and I both have Galaxy phones, he has a Kindle FIre, I have a surface Pro, my sister-in-law has a iPhone, and my aunt has an iPad, None of them worked. They gave us each $20 credit for the internet, but it still wasn't worth the prices we paid!

They said in the Captain's corner that the new Internet won't be online until July 1st. They're just bringing the equipment on board this weekend. Areas on decks 11 and 12 are cordoned off where they're working. We watched three new "golf ball" antennas come in on the truck while we were waiting to disembark.

They said in the Captain's corner that the new Internet won't be online until July 1st. They're just bringing the equipment on board this weekend. Areas on decks 11 and 12 are cordoned off where they're working. We watched three new "golf ball" antennas come in on the truck while we were waiting to disembark.

That is encouraging - it took the Freedom several turn around days to get it working but the first and obvious step was the install of those radomes.

Another poster claimed that the O3B install was confirmed - any word?

3 dishes were installed on June 11. They needed the extra time to finish the installation of the 3 dishes. The work is still continuing with expected launch date of July 1-2.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Biker,

I was trying to post a picture, but to no avail.. Here are the Speedtests I did on the way out and back. It appears the upgrade is not in place yet as others indicated.

Ping DN UP

624 0.80 0.71

700 3.40 0.82

974 0.68 0.20... those were as we departed.

743 3.50 0.31

894 2.43 0.17... as we arrived back in port.

It was at best a text package. We got it to stay in touch with the kids and it worked fine for that. We really didn't have much more in the way of expectations.

On another internet note,,, when you did EOS to Alaska, where you in cell coverage most of the time, or would you need voom to stay in touch?

On another internet note,,, when you did EOS to Alaska, where you in cell coverage most of the time, or would you need voom to stay in touch?

No coverage once outside about 10 miles from the Alaskan ports. The departure from Victoria was a bit weird in that we went in the wrong direction (W, instead of SE) for a while and out of range of the cell towers on the Washington State side. If you have to stay in touch, you'll need VOOM.