Pack n Play for 26 month-old

My wife and I just booked a JS on Freedom of the Seas for next April. The only cabins left were two berth cabins and Royal will let you book a two berth cabin for 3 people if one of them is in a Pack n Play. We are doing the same thing for our cruise in October when DD will be 19 months, but I am a little nervous about her being signed up for a Pack n Play at 26 months.

Really, I don't want her in a ceiling pull down bed either way, so if she didn't fit in the Pack n Play I'd have her sleep on the couch. But I was wondering if I had to worry about being denied boarding at the dock if someone there deems her too big for a pack n play and being in a 2 berth cabin.

When we called to book the cruise, the RCL agent instantly offered 2 berth cabins when she heard DD's age, before she even knew they were sold out of multi-berth.

Anyways, has any one had any issues with an older toddler being assign a PnP?

Book D1 cabin #1700..........Probably be less money and still have a roll out sofa bed for your child. I'm assuming you are on the 4/14 cruise.. Act fast since I just posted this. That D1 cabin is the size of a JS.

Good luck

Jimbo:)

We are in a similar situation for a Sep cruise on Allure, daughter will be 30 months at time of sailing. I'm not concerned at all about boarding as she will be in a small stroller, except when she gets her photo for the seapass card. I don't think those agents really care or know about sizing for a pack n play. We won't be using it anyways, My wife found a blow up float our daughter loves to sleep in. It has 4 sides so she can't roll out. It also comes with a middle insert that you can inflate if you put it on the ground---which makes it an air mattress with sides.

I'm sure your child could simply sleep on the sofa, without it being pulled out. Some folks will turn the sofa around, so kids can't roll off.

And, once you're booked and confirmed, no one checking you in cares about your arrangements...they are simply port employees who check you in...NOT RCI employees.

No one measures, weighs or cares...We've sailed recently with toddler's of this age. As many have said above, the couch turned around works great...No worries you'll easily be able to figure out what works best for you and your little one once in the cabin and your cabin steward will be more than happy to accommodate your needs. We always enjoy the JS because of the walkin closet and tub. It will give you plenty of space. Enjoy your cruise.

Book D1 cabin #1700..........Probably be less money and still have a roll out sofa bed for your child. I'm assuming you are on the 4/14 cruise.. Act fast since I just posted this. That D1 cabin is the size of a JS.

Good luck

Jimbo:)

Does it have a tub?

Thanks for the replies everyone. We are booked on the 4/28, and 1700 and 1400 are gone. I brought up switching to 1700 on 4/14 to DW but she said no since it doesn't have a tub or closet. It would've been $900 cheaper, though :(. The double points will also get us to Diamond, for whatever that's worth.

I am sure it'll be different by the time she is two, but at 10 months we did a vacation with a shower only and it was terrible, even though she loves water she hated a shower.

I'm really not worried about where she'll sleep as much as being paranoid about them going back on the two berth room. I thought I had read about issues like that on here, but it may have been during booking not boarding (or I may have dreamed it up).

Thanks for the replies everyone. We are booked on the 4/28, and 1700 and 1400 are gone. I brought up switching to 1700 on 4/14 to DW but she said no since it doesn't have a tub or closet. It would've been $900 cheaper, though :(. The double points will also get us to Diamond, for whatever that's worth.

I am sure it'll be different by the time she is two, but at 10 months we did a vacation with a shower only and it was terrible, even though she loves water she hated a shower.

I'm really not worried about where she'll sleep as much as being paranoid about them going back on the two berth room. I thought I had read about issues like that on here, but it may have been during booking not boarding (or I may have dreamed it up).

JS 7714 is available for 3 for the 28th sailing.

Jimbo :)