Stateroom close to family suite - noise question

My brother and his wife are joining us on b2b Oasis cruise. They have two options for an Owners Suite, 11644 or 10640. If they book 11644 they will have two family suites above them on deck 12 (12638, 12648). If they choose 10640 they have the family suite (10644) right next to them.

They are concerned about noise from above or next door. Anyone have any recent experiences in these rooms? Where they noisy?

My brother and his wife are joining us on b2b Oasis cruise. They have two options for an Owners Suite, 11644 or 10640. If they book 11644 they will have two family suites above them on deck 12 (12638, 12648). If they choose 10640 they have the family suite (10644) right next to them.

They are concerned about noise from above or next door. Anyone have any recent experiences in these rooms? Where they noisy?

Why are they so concerned ? Noise can happen on a cruise ship in any cabin. I think either of these locations will be fine...it's impossible to assure anyone who their neighbors will be or even if any noise they may make will disturb them.

Tell them to make a choice and concentrate on enjoying their cruise and deal with anything that may or may not happen . I believe their overthinking these locations.

Why are they so concerned ? Noise can happen on a cruise ship in any cabin. I think either of these locations will be fine...it's impossible to assure anyone who their neighbors will be or even if any noise they may make will disturb them.

Tell them to make a choice and concentrate on enjoying their cruise and deal with anything that may or may not happen . I believe their overthinking these locations.

I respectfully disagree. Location does matter especially when you are spending a lot of money. We booked a room below a lounge one time and the noise was terrible. And they always enjoy their cruises to the max. They just want to make the best choice they can. So, since I always get good useful advice on CC, I just I would ask.

I respectfully disagree. Location does matter especially when you are spending a lot of money. We booked a room below a lounge one time and the noise was terrible. And they always enjoy their cruises to the max. They just want to make the best choice they can. So, since I always get good useful advice on CC, I just I would ask.

I believe you misunderstood my reply....of course I am extremely aware of bad locations of cabins onboard and those to me are certainly ones with any public space above or below....and sorry you had that experience with a choice you made at one time.

I was referring specifically about the "two" cabin locations you were asking about....again please reread my post..."either of these locations would be fine".

And do consider even though you have cabins all around you ...you can never be 100% positive of not hearing a neighbor and just because some that have stayed in the two cabins your family member is considering and have or have not had any trouble with noise has no bearing on what will happen on your cruise.

I hope they make a decision (each of these are great categories and locations)...go forward with it and don't spend any more time trying to second guess themselves and enjoy planning their cruise. :)

I agree with Ashland. If you are surrounded by cabins there is no guarantee you won't hear noise. I would recommend not having an interconnecting room as sometimes that makes it easier to hear next door. But we have heard just as much noise from people across the hall late at night slamming doors or yelling in the hallway.

i would be more concerned about being above bars etc or under some public spaces rather than being surrounded by cabins. That's down to the luck of the draw as to who your neighbours are.

Having staterooms above and below you assures the least amount of noise concern, so either would be good. That being said I would agree with selecting 10640 so as not to have a connecting stateroom. Unless you have noisy neighbors - which can happen with any stateroom - noise should not be an issue.

Almost ALL cabins have neighbors above and or to the sides. I don't understand the concern, are they worried that neighbors in family suites are louder than average?

So my brother and his wife did book OS10640 and are thrilled to get it this close to the cruise date. They are always "last minute" on their bookings! The only downside, if there is such a thing for a cruise, is that they have to walk up one flight of stairs to access Diamond Lounge (we are on deck 11 and its just a walk down the hall for us). Being on deck 10 not a big deal in my opinion but they requested to be placed on a waitlist just in case an OS on deck 11 or 12 became available. Doubt they will clear that list since we are within 60 days of the cruise.

So my brother and his wife did book OS10640 and are thrilled to get it this close to the cruise date. They are always "last minute" on their bookings! The only downside, if there is such a thing for a cruise, is that they have to walk up one flight of stairs to access Diamond Lounge (we are on deck 11 and its just a walk down the hall for us). Being on deck 10 not a big deal in my opinion but they requested to be placed on a waitlist just in case an OS on deck 11 or 12 became available. Doubt they will clear that list since we are within 60 days of the cruise.

Really? Well they could take the elevator if the stairs were too much of a downside for them for the one deck they will need to travel.

He has multiple myeloma which is why I was asking. Stairs are not impossible, just a little moredifficult for him. The elevators willwork, he was just trying to get on same deck as Diamond Club.

One other thing…he is Diamond for first cruise but willbecome Diamond Plus on second cruise. Iassume no issues with status change for the second 7 days of his b2b right?

... One other thing…he is Diamond for first cruise but willbecome Diamond Plus on second cruise. Iassume no issues with status change for the second 7 days of his b2b right?

Just visit with the Loyalty Ambassador during the first cruise and mention the change in status.