Best Virgin Drinks On-Board

Gotts123

Thank you all. We have had the waiver in the past. This time he does have the UBP as a free-at-sea perk.... and too many sodas are not so appealing. I thought virgin drinks would be a nice option so keep em coming if you have any other ideas!

Thank you all. We have had the waiver in the past. This time he does have the UBP as a free-at-sea perk.... and too many sodas are not so appealing. I thought virgin drinks would be a nice option so keep em coming if you have any other ideas!

If he's under 21, he has the soda package, frozen virgin drinks aren't included.

If he's under 21, he has the soda package, frozen virgin drinks aren't included.

Correct. Terms and Conditions of the UBP promo state:

"Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation.

Guest must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Ultimate Beverage Package. Guests under 21 will receive the soda package."

Oh no! The NCL spokesperson said that virgin drinks/ice tea were included when I called. Perhaps I misunderstood. I guess I will call back to verify. :(

A lot of the PCC's are consistently wrong. A frozen virgin drink is about $5 per day, plus gratuity. The soda package is $7.50 a day, plus gratuity. Who wouldn't buy the soda package if it included frozen virgin drinks. Unfortunately there isn't a package that includes them. My 19 and 20 years olds just drank a lot of Shirley temples and Roy Rodgers.

What is "best" or "most delicious" can vary wildly as different people have vastly different tastes. How can person A know what person B will or will not like?

However...going back to the thread topic . . . based on the way people on this forum obsess over it, I'd have to say that the best virgin drink on a ship would simply have to be Bottled Water. :rolleyes:;)

What virgin drinks are delicious (on behalf of my 20 year old son who just misses the 21 year old mark)? The thought of multiple daily sodas does not appeal. TIA

The correct answer is being nice to the bartender and forget about the "virgin" part.

My dd has done things like 1/2pineapple 1/2 cranberry with a splash of sprite on other cruise lines. Does ncl include juice in their soda package?

No, but she can ask....

Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.

She can always ask for a Shirley Temple though

No, but she can ask....

Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.

She can always ask for a Shirley Temple though

I just go back a few weeks ago. Our kids had the soda package but still got free frozen virgin drinks. I believe that is due to a loophole. My wife and I had the drink package but also ordered virgin drinks. Since they don't have issue giving each person two drinks at a time the waiters may have used that. We did it at Several restaurants and never got charged. Same at the Haven bar. Wife ordered two virgin drinks when it was just her and one of our sons at the bar. We never asked about it just placed the order and they were delivered no questions asked

If your kids try by themself then there might be a charge.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I just go back a few weeks ago. Our kids had the soda package but still got free frozen virgin drinks. I believe that is due to a loophole. My wife and I had the drink package but also ordered virgin drinks. Since they don't have issue giving each person two drinks at a time the waiters may have used that. We did it at Several restaurants and never got charged. Same at the Haven bar. Wife ordered two virgin drinks when it was just her and one of our sons at the bar. We never asked about it just placed the order and they were delivered no questions asked

If your kids try by themself then there might be a charge.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I think that is the loophole. If I ordered virgin frozen drinks for my kids, I wasn't charged (UBP), but when they ordered them without us, they were charged(soda package).

Well. Ultimately we switched him to the Specialty Dinner Package. Too much soda does not sit well with him. Plus the waiver would allow him a beer or glass of wine at dinner in our presence and my 23 year old does not drink enough to warrant the drink package.

Well. Ultimately we switched him to the Specialty Dinner Package. Too much soda does not sit well with him. Plus the waiver would allow him a beer or glass of wine at dinner in our presence and my 23 year old does not drink enough to warrant the drink package.

The waiver allows him to order beer and wine without you there, too, anywhere on the ship.