RCL - Bottled Water - BYOW ?

Does RCL strictly enforce the rule of not bringing your own bottled water on board ?

I've read differing opinions.

Not strictly enforced, but more likely to be enforced around spring break.

Does RCL strictly enforce the rule of not bringing your own bottled water on board ?

Per the published rules, you are not allowed to bring water, but many of us have had no problem bringing water on board. They do not strip search you and take all liquids like NCL does.;p:D

Port Canaveral does the following -

If you have a visible, single open or unused bottle - the security staff requires that you toss it into the trash before going through the security scanner.

Single bottles in backpacks or luggage will go through the security scanner just fine - at least mine did.

If you have a case of water or soda, you can slide it through the security scanner. The porters are unable to process your case of water or soda unless you have it in tagged luggage.

Don't know the reasoning but those are the steps you can take at PC.

Thanks guys. Anyone tasted the filtered water out of the tap ?

I like it, and water is my beverage of choice. Of course, I've been cruising since long before anyone ever thought of drinking bottled water. No one ever died from drinking the ship water to my knowledge.

It's the same water all through out the ship, like the Windjammer and dining rooms. It does taste better than many municipal water supplies, e.g. Detroit[emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it okay if I piggy back a question?

Can anyone tell me if RCI sells a bottled water package. I swelled up badly on our last cruise, despite eating low sodium foods and drinking lots of water. I think it's from the desalinated water retaining more salt than I can handle. Since I consumed a lot of water on the ship, I may have caused the extra swelling myself. I'd rather bring or pay for bottled water over a prescription for water pills.

Can anyone tell me if RCI sells a bottled water package. I swelled up badly on our last cruise, despite eating low sodium foods and drinking lots of water. I think it's from the desalinated water retaining more salt than I can handle. Since I consumed a lot of water on the ship, I may have caused the extra swelling myself. I'd rather bring or pay for bottled water over a prescription for water pills.

Yes, they have a water package. You can get a case of Evian in your stateroom. Most of the drink packagess also include bottled water. We've also been able to bring a case of water on board. We put a luggage tag on it and it was brought to our room with our luggage.

I've read posts that certain ports have enforced it more than others.

Yes, they have a water package. You can get a case of Evian in your stateroom. Most of the drink packagess also include bottled water. We've also been able to bring a case of water on board. We put a luggage tag on it and it was brought to our room with our luggage.

I've read posts that certain ports have enforced it more than others.

Thank you.

Screen%20Shot%202017-06-25%20at%202.52.18%20PM.png

In Europe and particularly Barcelona there was no problems with a case of sparkling water but they have now stopped beer which you buy downstairs in the terminal duty free.

We solved that by putting the 6 bottles of San Miguel in our hand luggage and just walked on.

Per the published rules, you are not allowed to bring water, but many of us have had no problem bringing water on board. They do not strip search you and take all liquids like NCL does.

I haven't cruised on NCL before, and now I'm feeling a little left out since neither Royal nor Carnival strip search me. :D

Is there any burlesque music playing at the time? :o

Does security change gloves after each person? :eek::confused:

I haven't cruised on NCL before, and now I'm feeling a little left out since neither Royal nor Carnival strip search me. :D

Is there any burlesque music playing at the time?

Does security change gloves after each person? :eek::confused:

I will let you know after I sail them in July.;):D

Seriously though, NCL allows no liquid at all and confiscates everything. There was a thread I read recently that a woman purchased a bottle of water on the ship prior to going into port. She never drank it and tried to get back on the ship with the full, unopened bottle. She even produced the receipt showing the bottle was bought on the ship. They still would not allow her to take the bottle on the ship.:eek:

If there unlimited drink package that you can get "free" with your booking included bottled water, I would have no issue with them being strict. It doesn't though and there water packages aren't cheap. They are cheaper than RCL, but more than I am willing to spend.