tips?

Redtravel

Hey, all i know is that when I got someone on staff to give the laundry guys some money the staff person was so appreciative because the laundry guys don't often get tipped.

I was told that everybody not "professional staff" got part of the tip jar. But I'm certainly no expert in these matters...

Hey, all i know is that when I got someone on staff to give the laundry guys some money the staff person was so appreciative because the laundry guys don't often get tipped.

I was told that everybody not "professional staff" got part of the tip jar. But I'm certainly no expert in these matters...

They do not get tipped because they get a salary probably larger than Housekeeping staff base pay

& how many times does a passenger come in contact with the laundry people?

Just saying

Edited by LHT28

The short answer is that the Gratuities are not the same for an Inside versus the Owners Suite....

There are more attendants in a Suite, so those Passengers tip substantially more.

Still worth every penny IMHO

How do you work that out ?

Pax pay the same daily rate in suites as others not in suites

they do have the added gratuity for the butler

Maybe the staff that work in the suites get a higher percentage of the pot than the ones on deck 4

But the pax still have the same amount added to their account

if they tip more that is a personal choice

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/faq/

What is your gratuity policy?

How much you choose to tip is a personal matter and completely at your discretion. For your convenience, the following gratuities are automatically added to your shipboard account.

• For guests occupying staterooms, gratuities of $16.00 per guest, per day will be added.
  • For guests occupying Penthouse, Oceania, Vista or Owner's Suites where Butler Service is provided, gratuities of $23.00 per guest, per day will be added.
  • In addition, an 18% service gratuity is automatically added to all beverage purchases, spa services and dinner at La Reserve. Naturally, guests may adjust gratuities while on board the vessel at their sole discretion.

The short answer is that the Gratuities are not the same for an Inside versus the Owners Suite....

There are more attendants in a Suite, so those Passengers tip substantially more.

Still worth every penny IMHO

Now I couldn't agree more.

..if the crew were not happy on the ship we would not see them resigning contracts year after year

Many have no chance of a decent paying job in their impoverished home country. If they did, they would go home to stay with wife/husband and their children.

Many have no chance of a decent paying job in their impoverished home country. .

A fair point.

I wonder if similar applies to the 200k Americans who live in the UK or the 750k Britons who live in the USA?

Many have no chance of a decent paying job in their impoverished home country. If they did, they would go home to stay with wife/husband and their children.

My point was they are not forced to return to the ships

I did not know the Europeans were impoverished ..no more than some Americans

Edited by LHT28

A fair point.

I wonder if similar applies to the 200k Americans who live in the UK or the 750k Britons who live in the USA?

I don't what point you are trying to make. Where do the Americans and Brits get into this?