How hooked are you??

easy1969

Hum, guess I am somewhat hooked. I took my first cruise. On Carnival Paradise back in 2003... this past weekend I took my 56th cruise. That was the 50th on Carnival. :D

My 1st cruise was also on the Carnival (smokeless) Paradise in 2003. So far I have sailed 41 times with another 4 booked.

I also do just as many land vacations, both AI and regular hotels. Our big trip this year was 6 1/2 weeks in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands. Two trips to Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora. Maybe an African Safari or Finnish Northern Lights are in the future.

Guess you could say we like travel, period.

21 cruises, 137 days, 5 cruise lines since August 2006

I was hooked on the first cruise, a four-day quick trip to Cozumel in an ocean view room with my mother and my aunt. I have enjoyed reading through this thread. Thanks, OP, for starting the discussion. My name is Jenny, and I am a cruise-a-holoic. It's been 144 days since my last cruise. ;)

Like many of you, I really look forward to the next cruise and no matter how many times I step aboard, I'm happy and excited to be getting on the ship. I love sea days and now that we have sailed the same itineraries a number of times, we are happy to stay on board at least at one port on a sailing. Loving the experience on the ship is one of the indicators that you love cruising even more than the travel aspect of the vacation. I'm not a gambler, I don't go to all of the shows, and I rarely participate in the games. I'll participate in the roll calls some, but I'm not all that social on board unless we are talking about cruising. :)

I'm hooked because of the water around me and the options available when I want to "do" something. I can't get enough of the mornings up on the top deck before the LIDO music has started and walking the track with the ship sailing through the deep ocean, water as far as my eye can see. I love sitting on the balcony and looking at the ocean in the morning, in the afternoon, and in the evening. It never gets old for me.

I love God and my family more than anything in this world, but cruising is my favorite thing. Some of my happiest and most peaceful memories of the last ten years have been on a cruise. One of my favorite sea days was a cold February day with DH, the balcony door open, and one of the best afternoon naps of my life. :hearteyes: I'm grateful to have cruised as much as we have, and I'm very happy to have two cruises booked in the next seven months. My pocketbook is stretched, but my heart is happy.

Jenny, your writing brought tears to my eyes. Your words rang true to me and really hit home!

Couldn't have said it better. I have been hooked since my first cruise in 2012. Ready for cruise #9 and 10, a B2B, next spring. Can't wait! My favorite time is early morning walking on the track taking in beautiful sunrises, and sitting on our balcony very late at night relaxing in the solitude and sounds of the ocean.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

First cruise in 2011, have 5th and 6th booked. We live in Nebraska and have to fly to the ports with basically doubles the cost of the cruise. And, only have a small amount of time off. If I could I would have a lot more cruises then that. On the up side. The cruises we have been on or are going on are more expensive ones so we are getting those checked off our list.

As someone else mentioned, we don't have TV. I love to watch cruise youtube videos, packing, etc. I am so addicted that I have a room tour video on but I wasn't watching I was talking to someone. The person in the video flushed the toilet to show how loud it was and even though I wasn't watching I knew exactly what it was and I swear my heart did a little flip flop. Same when I hear the ding for the announcements on the videos. DH thinks I'm weird. He really doesn't enjoy travel all that much. I love it.

I don't feel right unless I have more than one booked at a time..........right now I've got three booked, but at the end of last year it was five :D At this point everyone knows my go-to vacation is a cruise, but sometimes when they ask me where I'm going, I'm not sure, because I get them mixed up with each other until one gets closer.

If I don't have FCC's in my bank then I'm really stressed out!

ha, I feel that way about my Verizon Carnival gift cards. Even if I don't have anything booked, I always grab a few when they become available :) Especially now that they are discontinuing the program in November. :( But right now they are going to my Horizon Transatlantic and Alaska in September 2018. :D

My friends at work are funny as they know how I love cruising. They'll ask where are you going this time - and I'll say, oh, just Cozumel and Belize again. And they look at me - again? Tough problem to have. lol

And yes I am addicted to Carnival - even have a tatt of the whale tail! :)

Age 24 and I'd say I'm pretty hooked!

First cruise was age 5, Disney Magic 1998. Significant time skip to 2005 and I went on the Carnival Triumph for my 13th birthday. Now that I am an adult and can plan my own vacations, I love cruising—last year's trip on Carnival Magic was amazing and we booked this year's trip just a day or two after we returned.

My boyfriend, who hadn't taken a real vacation of any kind since he was a preteen, went from being extremely apprehensive about spending the money on a cruise to being even more eager to book another one than I was. We might not cruise for 2018, but only due to paid days off having to be allocated elsewhere. I fully plan to do another cruise in 2019 and hopefully have the funds to do two a year soon.

• 2 weeks later...
I am 47 years old and over the years I often thought or taking a cruise but never did till April 2010. It was a short 5 day out of Mobile on the Fantasy.

To put it mildly I was addicted from the moment I saw the ship from the hotel the morning of the cruise. My wife and I had a wonderful time on that first cruise and even now we still love the Fantasy.

since that first cruise in 2010 we have been on a total of 10 cruises and have 2 more booked.

I only wish that I had discovered cruising years ago.

I am truly addicted to cruising. If I don't have a future cruse booked it drives me crazy, I can't sleep, eat, or think straight. I will sit for hours in front of a computer looking at ships and ports until I hit the book now button and get my fix, then the slow countdown to the cruise date begins.

once the cruise is over the whole process starts again. I see no hope of a cure. all I can do is treat the symptoms with more days at sea.

I assume that many here suffer from the same addiction, if so how long can you go without having a future cruise booked???

I posted this a while back and just got time to read the responses

I now know for sure that I am not suffering alone with this addiction .. LOL

I have enjoyed reading the stories and am still counting the days to my next day at sea!!!

My husband and I are hooked. We have only been on 4 cruises but decided we want to cruise once a year. We have the next two years planned. I don't even mind skipping the ports. We just enjoy the ship so much that we don't miss going ashore. We will get off at ports we've never been to but if we've been there and seen it, we stay on board.

Me and the DW been on 3 cruises with 19 days at sea and one on the way in May of 2018. Kinda sound like the newbie in this thread! We love to cruise but also a big fan of variety so we'll probably keep bouncing back and forth between cruises and land vacations.

Me and the DW been on 3 cruises with 19 days at sea and one on the way in May of 2018. Kinda sound like the newbie in this thread! We love to cruise but also a big fan of variety so we'll probably keep bouncing back and forth between cruises and land vacations.

We do the same thing, bounce back and forth. I still prefer cruising #1..........but we started trying B2Bs like 5 years ago........it was too much. Better to mix it up with land/resort vacas

We started in 2013, and were hooked! Just got back from 9 day Baltic cruise and can't wait to leave again on November 5 th to the Caribbean. But our longest cruise is coming up in March, 16 days full circuit Panama Canal! The anticipation is one of the best parts...just love pulling up to the ship on embarkation day, with all that fun ahead of you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm 27 and I took my very first cruise in January of this year to the bahamas after being very leery about cruises in general. Within a week of getting back I had bounced between Post-Cruise depression and blissfully daydreaming about how wonderful the ship was so I booked the next cruise I could which leaves in 26 days to Ensenada ( October 8th!). As this cruise approaches I find myself checking out the Carnival site and prepping for booking my first 2018 cruise ( to the carribean I think) and Pre-planning for the european cruise that I want to take in 2019.

I definitely have the cruising bug and It's only just beginning. :hearteyes:

Edited by jjennings1990

As "hooked" as I am by cruising, as much as I am delighted by amazing sunsets and fabulous vistas you get to see whilest onboard a cruise ship, along with the smell of the salt air and the wind whisping through my hair absolutely delights me...that said......I will NOT eat seafood, am terrified by anything that comes from under the sea, will NOT have a fish tank in my home and get no pleasure out of watching underwater creatures floating around and worst of all dying in a underwater grave and when I take a flight and it flies over the ocean I can't look out the window, I close my eyes and worst of all; I can't catch my breath!!!!

Weird, uh!!!!!

That's fascinating so naturally I have to ask... how in the world did they get you onto the boat the very first time ?

That's fascinating so naturally I have to ask... how in the world did they get you onto the boat the very first time ?

My father and brothers adored the ocean, as did I, to look at. And, then my father purchased a cabin cruiser; a large boat that sleeps 8 people, with a large galley, bathroom, and lots of deck area to lay in the sun. I'd go out with them as they fished and I laid in the sun. Didn't bother me, until my Dad suggested that we all learn to scuba dive......I knew if I let my fears be known that my family would be relentless in insisting that I learn so I always had an excuse and grew up, married and life went on. To this day, I don't think my family realizes how much I dislike fish and underwater animals.

In 1984 my husband insisted that we take a 10 day cruise to the Caribbean without our two children.....a second honeymoon. I went, had a great time.......never went near the underneath of the sea. And, you know how lobster and crab are cherished on a cruise.......I can't stand to even look at them!

I love cruising, I hate what comes out of the sea and especially what is underneath it!!!!!

• 2 months later...