How hooked are you??

easy1969

OMG !! A 'REAL' cruise addict!?!?:eek: LOL !! YOU, Sir, remind me of my wife, after our first cruise out of Mobile in March of 2007 on the CCL Holiday( a raft sized ship, compared with the Mega ships sailing today) but after being on the Holiday 15 minutes, my wife was like you . HOOKED ! She had fought me for seven years AGAINST even discussing or thinking, much less actually taking a cruise. She had seen that moronic television show, 'Love Boat' and thought that was HOW all people dressed and acted on a cruise, like rich know it all snobs. After only 15 minutes, during the sailaway party, she happily exclaimed, ' WHEN can we do THIS again!!' I laughingly told her that she might wanna wait, we hadn't even left the dock yet. But she would NOT be denied, and we always did at least 2 cruises every year after, till 2015 when we cut back to just one a year. But she still takes the cheerleader lead when it's time to think about our March/anniversary cruise ! Quite a change, huh ? She's now a TRUE 'cruise addict'. Welcome to the club, sir. Oh, and by the way, there's only ONE definite cure !! OUR last breath, but till then, cruise ON

Mac,

Thank you for sharing about that first cruise. Every time I board a ship I still get excited. I love the sights, the food and drinks, the days at sea just sitting on the balcony looking at endless water, and my favorite the smell and taste of the salt air. I could go on and on lol.

:DEasy1969, I know exactly what you mean. Nothing gives me more pleasure than when we turn the corner, on the cruiseport bus, and I see that Big BEAUTIFUL White Mountain, sitting there, hearing the security 'ding' at the deck four kiosk. Hearing the deep blast of the underway horn and feeling the movement as the ship moves slowly away from the dock as she glides through the cobalt blue ocean. Then later on the balcony, looking over the rail watching the ship slice effortlessly along, feeling the sun and sea breeze on my face.. Ahhhhh, I miss it EVERY day I'm not on a ship. I told my wife a few months ago. IF she's still here when I leave this planet, I'd like to be cremated and she and my sis take me on a 'final cruise' to Grand Cayman (that's where our first real date was) to Seven mile beach. Can't imagine a more beautiful place to rest.

I told my husband I wanted to be buried at sea. I already picked out my biodegradable sea turtle urn. :')

Same here, except for the urn. I'll have to pick one.

We are completely hooked. Cruised twice in three months in 2008, then a balcony in 2013, another cruise in 2016, and will be cruising in December 2017. I'm waiting to put deposits on a February 2018 5 day out of Tampa, and a 15 night TA in December 2018.

As "hooked" as I am by cruising, as much as I am delighted by amazing sunsets and fabulous vistas you get to see whilest onboard a cruise ship, along with the smell of the salt air and the wind whisping through my hair absolutely delights me...that said......I will NOT eat seafood, am terrified by anything that comes from under the sea, will NOT have a fish tank in my home and get no pleasure out of watching underwater creatures floating around and worst of all dying in a underwater grave and when I take a flight and it flies over the ocean I can't look out the window, I close my eyes and worst of all; I can't catch my breath!!!!

Weird, uh!!!!!

DH and I were both widowed and married almost 10 years ago. I had never cruised when we married. DH had 8 cruises then. We decided, like so many here, to enjoy each day and appreciate life, love and family.

:D

Total: 188 cruises; 971 days

Total: 188 cruises; 971 days

WOO HOO, congratulations. I aspire to be you some day.

Hubby and I took our first cruise in 2005 to celebrate his retirement from the Army. We have cruise #19 booked for August on the Breeze. Our granddaughter is 9 yrs old and our upcoming August cruise is #17 for her. She became Platinum when she was 6 years old. To say we are addicted is an understatement! We LOVE everything about cruising.

I am an admitted Cruisaholic!!!! Have 20 completed cruises (all Carnival) and have no. 21 (2018) and no. 22 (2019) booked. I talk about cruising all the time and when people see me, they immediately ask "How many days?"

Now here is the strange part. My wife (We have been married for 52 years) accompanies me on every cruise but she would not cruise if I did not do the booking. She says she gets excited when she gets on the ship but by the end of the cruise, she is ready to get back to the normal routine. I start to feel anxious of leaving the ship once we get 3 to 4 days before the return.

I just enjoy every moment on the ship. I have to keep a memo book in my shirt pocket which details timing for all the activities I will be doing. I don't want to miss any thing. Once I get the Fun Times, I begin the planning.

Oh well, will be 79 years old in October and my hope is that I can keep cruising for the next several years. I think it is cruising that helps keep you active and happy.

Already one this year....four more to go through Dec 2017. only two booked in 2018...29 days and 27 days respectively. There's room between them so maybe one more. Brings our total to 26 with 197 days. Yes, we are really hooked.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am super hooked. I, like you, OP, took my first cruise in 2010 with my Hubby and 2 boys, my youngest was 2 at the time. We have not stopped cruising since. We will be hitting our 10th cruise in Nov... and have a few others booked. I constatntly have to have a cruise countdown clock on my phone or life just aint right...lol. Although, my whole family loves to cruise, and I wish I could have done it much younger too.... our youngest son is a cruise addict x10, he has been cruising his whole life. Earlier this year we took a trip to Disney and our youngest was so bummed out that we were going there and not on another ship! Lucky for him, he wont have to wait long to be back at sea!

#CruiseLife

Sent from my SM-N910T using Forums mobile app

My first cruise was in 2000 out of New York on a small but expensive ship. Did 3 more in the next 4 years. Did my first Carnival cruise in 2005, that got me and my late wife hooked Since then we averaged about 10 cruises per year, more in the recent past. Since she passed early last year I took a break. But now I have a new cruise companion who thinks I am crazy for cruising as much as we did. So I am cutting back, only 8 scheduled for 2017.

Youngest bummed with Disney over cruise has me lmao :D That is awesome and funny.

I am super hooked. I, like you, OP, took my first cruise in 2010 with my Hubby and 2 boys, my youngest was 2 at the time. We have not stopped cruising since. We will be hitting our 10th cruise in Nov... and have a few others booked. I constatntly have to have a cruise countdown clock on my phone or life just aint right...lol. Although, my whole family loves to cruise, and I wish I could have done it much younger too.... our youngest son is a cruise addict x10, he has been cruising his whole life. Earlier this year we took a trip to Disney and our youngest was so bummed out that we were going there and not on another ship! Lucky for him, he wont have to wait long to be back at sea!

#CruiseLife

Sent from my SM-N910T using Forums mobile app

I have been "hooked" since 1985. Back then when I was single, I could only afford or get time off work to do one, maybe two cruises a year. Patti never cruised until I took her on our honeymoon. With about five years off to start a family, we started cruising again in 1998 and have not looked back, doing two to three cruises a year. Since 2010 we have ramped it up even more, and now that we are semi-retired, (we both work part time to support our habit), we are booking more, longer, and not in prime time cruises. We currently have nine cruises booked through mid 2019, including three B2B's, and a 14 Day Hawaii Journeys cruise. I think we fit the definition!! :D