Amex-WLCL Offer Returns

joepeka

Well i tried the Amex chat to see if i could have them add it...Nope. Here is the explanation that i got.

[/quoScreen%20Shot%202017-08-20%20at%203.16.45%20PM.pngte]

Yeah, your last comment is what I'm thinking. I'm not sure why the link would not work for you - many others have used it in the last several days without issue - unless Amex has disabled it. Perhaps others who have tried the web link today are getting the same lack of result? :confused:

Thank you all for the updated information. I tried to add back when the offer first came out but it was not in my account and the link didn't work. I even called and spoke with a representative who checked with a supervisor and they said they could no longer add the offer manually. I saw the thread this morning and tried it again and I was able to add it to my Delta platinum card and the card of an authorized user. Yay! Excuse for a cruise LOL

Well, here is my experience. I had the offer earlier this year. Close to May. I didn't book until offer had run out. I only paid my deposit. So, I got the offer again from 7/5 to 12/31. I called to see if they would possibly let me add the preivous charge to the a new one which would make the total needed to get the credit. Still on the same cruise. I was put on hold, and waited, and then she came back on the line and said yes, they would let me combine the two to meet the total and I would get the 100 dollar credit on my statement. I asked her if that was definite and she said yes. (keep in mind that all conversations are recorded). So, i made my payment, and the credit didn't show up. So a few weeks later, I called. I was told no, I would not get the credit even though I only used that card, because i was told I would. They "escalated" it. Still no. they said they would put me through to their online promotions dept. because they could decide further. I was transferred, and after several "hold, i am still checking" got disconnected. So the moral of the story is, they will not make any exceptions on previously amts posted. Even if they tell you they definetly will, before you make the added payment.

I was going to ask if i have a deposit paid on my cruise, if i pay the balance and it adds up to the fivehundred or more, would that count, and give me the credit on my statement.

Then, I read the offer. It states that you have to BOOK between 7/5 (which we all know is tomorrow) and 12/31. It doesnt say you have to cruise between those dates. It says if your cruise is booked between those dates... so i guess that leaves me out. I already booked over a month ago:(.... am i understanding this correctly? Is there a way to get around this ? And since my cruise isn't paid in full yet, will that make a difference> thanks

I just used it. My husband And I both have amex cards on the same account. I registered his card then added the promo to both our cards. I charged 600 on my card and got 100 back, did the same next week on his card. I was paying the balance on two separate cruises. The email immediately came that I had redeemed the offer. And the bill just printed with both charges and 100 each credit back to the bill. Next I will use Verizon rewards to buy gift cards to pay off he rest of my cruises for 2017 for additional savings. I used the Amex promo earlier in the year , I usually find out from here that the offer is out there and immediately load it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow! I did not know you could get the credit for two cards on the same account!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did that on both cards for our HAL cruise next year. I wish I had realized that last year for the Carnival cruise we took last summer.

I'm not sure if anyone has already said this, but I was actually able to get $1000 refunded to various cards and then re-pay with my 2 AMEX to get $200 back last time. You just call Carnival, tell them you want to use the AMEX offer so if they could please refund $500 and you'll immediately pay back with your AMEX on the call. Worked like a charm.

I wonder if this still works if I'm 20 days out from cruise and paid in full? I paid with my MasterCard and if they let me I would refund $500 of that and put it on my amex

No, you can't do that for final payment.
This is something I learned just this year. For all future cruises, I'll be leaving at least $1 to pay on the Final Payment date itself (really: a few days before). It seems that once you pay that last dollar too many "things change".

This is something I learned just this year. For all future cruises, I'll be leaving at least $1 to pay on the Final Payment date itself (really: a few days before). It seems that once you pay that last dollar too many "things change".

Might not be a bad idea. I'll have to run that by my PVP. Although in PPs case, it would still be too late for them. Once you're past final payment due date, you can't undo a payment and replace it with another. Deposits and other payments, yes.

It is one of those things I guess you learn when pre-existing conditions start becoming a bigger concern. Leaving that $1 balance means there is no argument about what "final payment" means on the insurance policies that cover pre-existing conditions as long as you're able to travel on the date of your final payment.

Still cant get it added to my SPG Amex, but it added fine to my Blue Cash

Remove the Blue Cash card from on-line account management, then add the offer to your card, then go back and add your Blue Cash card to your account again...thats what i did and it worked fine.

Remove the Blue Cash card from on-line account management, then add the offer to your card, then go back and add your Blue Cash card to your account again...thats what i did and it worked fine.

THANK YOU, Mworkman, you are a genius!!! I tried everything and gave up until I just read your post. I never thought about deleting my BlueCash from the site..that worked perfect!!!!:)

• 2 weeks later...
So I just checked and I have the Amex card with the offer. If I let my friend put $500 for their cruise on it will my card get the $100 credit that I could give back to them?

Yes. I've done this before when I did not have my own booking to pay on.

It looks like the cruise I booked to use this offer will be cancelled (Liberty on September 10). What will happen to the $100 statement credit I received? If it is retracted, will I be able to use it again if I book something else before the expiration date of the offer (I believe it is December 31)?

• 2 weeks later...
So I just checked and I have the Amex card with the offer. If I let my friend put $500 for their cruise on it will my card get the $100 credit that I could give back to them?

Yes, you can use your card to pay a balance for someone else's and it qualifies. I'm hoping to get the offer one more time as I have two more cruise balances to pay off. I also got a Verizon wireless gift card and saved 50. On a 500 card to use for a balance on my cruise. So worth it to save a few dollars. I have paid on some of my family balances under my booking and got the credit. We usually book multiple rooms so lots of opportunities.

Sent from my iPad using Forums