Anyone booked a cruise at the port?

Hey Everyone. So, I have some time off last minute that I'm going to take. There's a cruise out of Charleston that works perfectly with my time off. However, it's completely sold out. I called our PVP to confirm, and was told it is indeed sold out. We live 10 minutes from the port, and his suggestion is to go there day of and see if there are any cancellations. He has some customers have had success doing it, and with us being so close, it's worth a shot. Anyone here had any experience booking at the port?

We have booked the evening before a cruise, several times. Recently, we booked the evening before, while on the ship, online, and made the cruise a b2b. Not sure about being able to book morning of the cruise, however.

I think that your PVP is full of hot steam and made that up. I would ask to speak to a supervisor to verify that information. As far as I know, going straight to the port and booking the cruise as a walk up is no longer an option

With that said, keep checking (multiple times a day) for possible last minute cancellations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, I've seen several people post that they have to turn in the passenger manifest to homeland security 72 hours early.

That is one of the biggest falsehoods told on here. The final manifest is due to Homeland Security like 60 minutes before the ship leaves. I dont know about Carnival but Im pretty sure Royal cuts off all last minute bookings the evening before the cruise departs the next day. Simply walking up at the port the same day the cruise leaves and buying a ticket is never an option anymore.

Call your PVP and tell him/her to waitlist you. We rec'd a free upgrade at 6am the morning of our last cruise. The passengers that booked the cabin canceled that day. It's possible that could get you a cabin. Good luck, hope you get it.

The agents at the port are not Carnival sales reps, they are simply there to check you in, and their computers have no ability to sell a cabin. You couldn't even go up to the port and purchase a cabin for a cruise a month in advance. For last minute booking, you have to do it by phone.

Hey Everyone. So, I have some time off last minute that I'm going to take. There's a cruise out of Charleston that works perfectly with my time off. However, it's completely sold out. I called our PVP to confirm, and was told it is indeed sold out. We live 10 minutes from the port, and his suggestion is to go there day of and see if there are any cancellations. He has some customers have had success doing it, and with us being so close, it's worth a shot. Anyone here had any experience booking at the port?

Depending on how much you want to go, I would call several times a day to see if there is a cancellation up until the day before sailing.

Best of luck to you!

I too would be curious if the OP is successful. Please report back if you can.

A couple of weeks ago we found ourselves potentially in a situation with land-based trip being cancelled and time off already approved from work. Found a cruise was scheduled to leave the next day (Elation). The dates just happened to match up perfectly and we are only 4 hours from the port of Jacksonville.. Called Carnival and there were a couple of ocean views and several inside rooms available. We ended up not booking as our original plans did not ultimately fall through, but we could have.

Back in the "good ol days" arriving at the pier for a last minute cruise deal was possible. Now days, no way THANKS BIN LADEN!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It was stopped way before 9/11. Just as airports had metal detectors and limited access to gates from unticketed passengers before 9/11.