Disembarking in ft lauderdale-how late can I stay on the ship?

shipster60

I know this has been stated many times. However, when I need it I can't find it. I'm trying to make flight reservations. I can book 12:45, 1:45 or 2:45. The flight from my connection leaves at the same time so I'll be waiting either 1,2 or 3 hrs in Atlanta depending on my first flight. We'll be on infinity, and I'm hoping they have the baggage transfer service by then.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Final call is around 9:30ish, 10:00 is the absolute latest. Keep in mind, the later you disembark the longer the line to get through immigration. We purposely delayed out departure in March (on a different line) until 9:45 and didn't get out to the taxi stand until 11:25-11:30 due to the large crowd at immigration. The later you wait to disembark the longer The lines will be. Things like mobile passport will speed up your departure, however.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you get home at the same time, personally I would choose the latest flight time where you feel comfortable with the connection. Either way you'll be sitting around the airport but a later departure lets you guard against a late arrival back to port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know this has been stated many times. However, when I need it I can't find it. I'm trying to make flight reservations. I can book 12:45, 1:45 or 2:45. The flight from my connection leaves at the same time so I'll be waiting either 1,2 or 3 hrs in Atlanta depending on my first flight. We'll be on infinity, and I'm hoping they have the baggage transfer service by then.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am going to respond from the viewpoint of the people who are waiting to get onto the ship. They can not start boarding passengers until the ship is zeroed out - in other words, until you leave.

DON

2 choices here, sit in an ever emptying lounge with nothing provided, or sit in an airport lounge where you can at least watch some 'fake news' as you realize the real world didn't go away ;) and get a stiff drink!

Just as we all want to get on at the start ASAP, so do those following us.

Thanks for all your help. I certainly don't want to linger and impede someone else's enjoyment of the ship:) I was just needing an idea of what time would be reasonable. I have decided on a 1:45 flight. That will make for allowance in case of immigration hold ups and hopefully allow us to use the luggage valet if provided. We will have a 2 hr layover in Atlanta, which isn't too bad.

Thanks for all your help. I certainly don't want to linger and impede someone else's enjoyment of the ship:) I was just needing an idea of what time would be reasonable. I have decided on a 1:45 flight. That will make for allowance in case of immigration hold ups and hopefully allow us to use the luggage valet if provided. We will have a 2 hr layover in Atlanta, which isn't too bad.

Luggage Valet is available in Ft Lauderdale depending on airline and departure time. I've found the later we depart, the shorter the immigration lines. Also as stated previously, use of Mobile Passport shortens wait times as well. If you qualify with luggage valet, you should have no trouble if you depart by 9 or 9:30 at the latest.