Royal testing to bring back same drink package for all

Post 441 seems to imply that.....

"They're not finding a cruising buddy, they're going solo. They booked with a "fake" John Smith because 2 passengers with some particular sale was cheaper than 1 passenger with the solo surcharge. "

Well my comment is factually inaccurate because OP said they may or may not have a travel buddy and I misread, however if we pretend I had gotten the facts straight, all I've done is explain the reasoning behind OP booking their reservation they way they did.

Not true. Newly pregnant or up to 24 weeks, you still need a doctors note to sail.

Pregnancy

Royal Caribbean International cannot accept guests who will have entered their 24th week of pregnancy by the beginning of, or at any time during the cruise or cruisetour. A physician's "Fit to Travel" note is required prior to sailing, stating how far along (in weeks) your pregnancy will be at the beginning of the cruise and confirming that you are in good health and not experiencing a high-risk pregnancy. The "Fit to Travel" note should be faxed to the Access Department at 1-954-628-9622. Please contact us at 1-866-592-7225 or at special_needs@rccl.com if you have already booked a cruise or cruisetour and do not meet this requirement.

Am I missing something? I don't see anything about "newly pregnant." It simply says you cannot sail if you are, or will be in your 24th week during the cruise, and need a doctor's note to prove it.

Well my comment is factually inaccurate because OP said they may or may not have a travel buddy and I misread, however if we pretend I had gotten the facts straight, all I've done is explain the reasoning behind OP booking their reservation they way they did.

I'll give you that.... but if their intent was to circumvent the Solo rate, it is wrong in my opinion. You don't have an opinion on this?

I know this is off topic but why is it more expensive for 1 person to book a room than two. The cruise line is only feeding one person. Is it because there's only one person to spend money on things like alcohol?

Our TA is pretty good. My BIL usually pays about 125% to 150%

I know this is off topic but why is it more expensive for 1 person to book a room than two. The cruise line is only feeding one person. Is it because there's only one person to spend money on things like alcohol?

There's that reason, but also a single cruiser takes up a room that could have been occupied by two people.

This.

It all depends on the occupancy level of the ship/sailing and more specific, the occupancy level of each category of cabins on the ship for the specific sailing. The more popular the cruise in 'prime time' cruise season, the less likely one will see smoking great deals after final payment.

For you to have saved $2000 on two cruises after final due date tells me one of the following, maybe a little of both:

1. Not a popular ship(s)

2. Not a popular itinerary(s)

3. Not a popular cruise date(s)

RCL discounted the prices to fill cabins. You bit which means you think it holds a value, therefore you got a deal. Good score. But this doesn't mean this happens on every sailing of every cruise, on every ship.

Enjoy your two cruises. Now we return to the RCL testing the waters of ripping off pregnant & religious cruisers.

Nov11 sailing was Majesty to Bahamas, Dec 9 sailing was ABCs on Navigator and Labadee, April was Oasis St Thomas, Maarteen and Nassau, may was Harmony Labadee Maarteen and San Juan we booked EVERY one 45 days or less out. Based on the price drop.

Disney's carry-ons policy is not unlimited. It is:

Disney Cruise Line Guests 21 years and older may bring a maximum of 2 bottles of unopened wine or champagne (no larger than 750 ml) or 6 beers (no larger than 12 ounces) on board at the beginning of the voyage and at each port of call. These beverages must be packed in carry-on (not checked) bags or luggage.

Their sign at security check in also says no alcohol or firearms allowed beyond this point, the firearm thing is the only thing that's enforced

Not true. Newly pregnant or up to 24 weeks, you still need a doctors note to sail.

Pregnancy

Royal Caribbean International cannot accept guests who will have entered their 24th week of pregnancy by the beginning of, or at any time during the cruise or cruisetour. A physician's "Fit to Travel" note is required prior to sailing, stating how far along (in weeks) your pregnancy will be at the beginning of the cruise and confirming that you are in good health and not experiencing a high-risk pregnancy. The "Fit to Travel" note should be faxed to the Access Department at 1-954-628-9622. Please contact us at 1-866-592-7225 or at special_needs@rccl.com if you have already booked a cruise or cruisetour and do not meet this requirement.

Am I missing something? I don't see anything about "newly pregnant." It simply says you cannot sail if you are, or will be in your 24th week during the cruise, and need a doctor's note to prove it.

I interpret that as if you are pregnant (newly, one day, 3 weeks, one month, etc.) you need a note saying you will not have entered your 24th week before the end of the cruise and that you are not expected to be having a high risk pregnancy in which case maybe you cannot cruise from the moment of conception. And, yes, depending on a persons prior medical history any pregnancy for that person could be considered high risk possibly disqualifying them from cruising on day one.

Nice try. I'll wait to get concerned about this until I hear it from an identifiable official source.

If the so-called "Official source" was in an email, a Google search would not provide the proof you're looking for.

Screw it, just booked MSC Divinia 10/7 2260 for balcony including 2 all inclusive drink packages, 1 dining experience, unlimited thermo spa and 2 messages.....and they thru in 2 unlimited wifi. They matched my diamond status for priority boarding and disembarkation....for 400 more I can get a suite.....but I got time! Maybe I'll get something I've NEVER received from RCCL. An UPGRADE! Lol

From March 1st 2015, prices were raised across the fleet to $10 minimum (plus gratuity at 18%) for mixed cocktails and the menus were replaced with 'All Inclusive' menus with no pricing.

On some ships I believe the minimum price for mixed cocktails is $12 or $14

Simple cocktails can still be had in the $8-9 range.

My only point was if you say you are pregnant, you need a doctors note to sail.

Since men, and women past menopause can't get pregnant, here is a religious list to choose from.

All sects of Islam and most Protestant Christians (including Mormons, Pentecostals, Methodists, Rastafari and some Baptists) prohibit alcohol consumption. Buddhism also discourages alcohol consumption but for different reasons.

:eek::eek::eek:

I don't really know how bar drinks were priced before packages came along. I can tell you individual drink prices on Royal ships are high. It's the same on NCL so I'm thinking the business model is to price the individual drink prices high to make the packages seem more like a great value. I can also tell you from experience that Disney does NOT offer the same kind of prepaid all-inclusive adult beverage packages and their individual bar drinks are considerably less expensive. This correlates with the concept that jacking up drink prices sells inclusive packages.

I would fully agree with your assumptions.

Before March 2015, prices were more reasonable. The vast majority of cocktails ranged from $6.00 to $9.00 those with higher end spirits were $9.25 to $10.50 (all plus gratuity at 15%)

Pre 2015 drinks menu

From March 1st 2015, prices were raised across the fleet to $10 minimum (plus gratuity at 18%) for mixed cocktails and the menus were replaced with 'All Inclusive' menus with no pricing.

On some ships I believe the minimum price for mixed cocktails is $12 or $14

Non-premium spirits with a mixer (simple cocktail) were still around $8-9 plus gratuity.

Most of the cruise lines drinks are priced high, but not all:

Drink prices by cruise line

Your suggested concept that jacking up drink prices sells inclusive packages makes perfect sense.

Add to that the return of 'all guests over 21 in same cabin must buy the package' and its win-win for the cruiseline.

Edited by icsys

You actually have not needed a doctors note to sail pregnant for a couple of years now. There is a question about pregnancy on the health questionnaire.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=313

Do you have an actual link to the text you posted before? Do they have conflicting information on their website? Wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Since men, and women past menopause can't get pregnant, here is a religious list to choose from.

All sects of Islam and most Protestant Christians (including Mormons, Pentecostals, Methodists, Rastafari and some Baptists) prohibit alcohol consumption. Buddhism also discourages alcohol consumption but for different reasons.

Anything you can do for me as an Italian catholic male?

Are you suggesting work arounds to avoid the package for other cruisers in a cabin? Isn't this the same moral turpitude of those sharing packages and those smuggling alcohol, sharing room service from full suites to other cabins? Anything to save a dollar or beat the system?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums