Embassy Suites MIA

tobancruiser

In October, we will be staying 2 nights prior to our cruise at the Embassy Suites MIA- any information or advice on restaurants in the area for supper would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Only thing I know is this Embassy near the airport is one of the worst in the Hilton chain. You might think about changing to the Hampton Inn & Suites Brickell Avenue.

I stayed there last September and the hotel itself was fine (though the pool was closed at the time for upgrades), so if that is a priority check first that the pool is done, which of course it should be by now.

As others say, there is nothing, absolutely nothing nearby or walkable to in the way of shopping or restaurants. You would have to taxi out somewhere for dinner and back. I experienced no airport noise even though it is near MIA. The hotel itself is fine, Staff are very good, rooms are good, and there is an on site restaurant which is also adequate and decent for hotel food. Breakfast included in price is very good with enough variety to please most people. They also have a daily happy hour 2hr or more ?, cant remember, but drinks were basic but still plentiful, with munchies as well.

the suite itself was excellent and the fridge cooled our drinks very quickly and worked well. the beds were comfortable too. cant find fault with the rooms which were spacious and clean and very well equipped.

I would stay there again, depending on price, but biggest drawback there is that there is nothing nearby to walk to for dinner, or anthing else, so you either have to call a taxi to take you somewhere from there, or have to order in, if you dont want to eat at their in house restaurant. You are kind of stuck there, unless you have your own car or rental.

Edited by SMSACE6

I stayed there when I arrived from a late flight the night before my cruise and didn't have time to do anything else. I thought the room was nice and the breakfast was good. They have a happy hour and restaurant at their hotels and you can also get room service. I think it's a good hotel to stay at if all you need is a nice place the night before your cruise.

Fine for one night if arriving late. For two days you'll be much happier downtown with dining/shopping within walking distance. Both Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites in the Mary Brickell area are popular if you are chasing Hilton points.

I'll go with the majority and recommend for two nights you stay elsewhere. Unless you want to use uber to get in and out of the city, this is not a great place to be. People are attracted here because when looking at hotels, the rate sounds better. But you will easily make up those savings by spending on uber/cab rides. Add $50-75 a night and stay in the city. Will add to your vacation experience for sure!

My sisters and I stayed there in Jan. We were very satisfied with our rooms. They were clean and quite comfortable. The staff was great. The onsite restaurant was quite good and the shuttle to the port was quick and organized. However, you are basically limited to the hotel or taking a taxi/Uber.

Its an airport hotel. There is nothing in the area to walk to. Not much near by using a car either. You will be wanting to Uber/Taxi around. Dolphin Mall not that far away. An Uber to downtown Miami will cost around $15.00 or so about $20-$22 to Miami Beach.

For two days you will have a much much more pleasant time staying in Downtown, Brickell or Miami Beach.

Also staying there in October for one night. Is there a gas station or convenience place within a block or two where we could pick up pop and maybe a sandwich for the room? Just wondering also are there any snacks other than pretzels and chips at the managers reception? Was it terribly crowded at the reception since I understand it's in a conference room? Thanks for hopefully knowing the answers.

We have a reservation at this Embassy Suites for one night pre-cruise in December. $161 on an AAA rate.

My thinking is this:

We arrive at MIA on a redeye from LAX at 6:51 am on December 21. I figure that, by the time we get off the plane, collect our luggage and grab a hotel shuttle, we'll get to the hotel at, maybe 8:00-9:00 am. We may get lucky and they have a room ready with someone checking out early and we can rest up from the flight in our room. Worst case, room is not ready and we hang out in the lobby a while and relax there. I've been to Miami a few times and not interested in shopping or sightseeing. Prime activity that day will be relaxing and killing time. We will be tired. 6:51 am Miami time is 3:51 am OUR time.

Then, we get the free happy hour drinks. Maybe find someplace walkable for dinner or, heck, we eat at the hotel. We just got back from back-to-back cruises out of Rome and stayed first night and last night at the Hilton Garden Inn at Rome Fiumicino airport. Food was fair, selection poor and slightly overpriced...but, sometimes it's worth it just to not have to take a taxi and go someplace far.. In the morning, we get the hotel breakfast, then Uber or taxi to the port.

I am expecting, for this, the Embassy Suites will be fine. But, please tell me if I am wrong...

There is absolutely nothing within walking distance of the hotel. So as long as you understand that, sure the hotel is fine for a quick overnight. Seems like you have an entire day, so hopefully your room will be ready early. You could always take an Uber to Dolphin Mall or even Downtown Miami its not far from there.

Have not stayed at that ES, so I cannot answer some of your questions. The local store/gas station can be found by plugging the hotel address into google maps and searching nearby. ;)

We have a reservation at this Embassy Suites for one night pre-cruise in December. $161 on an AAA rate.

My thinking is this:

We arrive at MIA on a redeye from LAX at 6:51 am on December 21. I figure that, by the time we get off the plane, collect our luggage and grab a hotel shuttle, we'll get to the hotel at, maybe 8:00-9:00 am. We may get lucky and they have a room ready with someone checking out early and we can rest up from the flight in our room. Worst case, room is not ready and we hang out in the lobby a while and relax there. I've been to Miami a few times and not interested in shopping or sightseeing. Prime activity that day will be relaxing and killing time. We will be tired. 6:51 am Miami time is 3:51 am OUR time.

Then, we get the free happy hour drinks. Maybe find someplace walkable for dinner or, heck, we eat at the hotel. We just got back from back-to-back cruises out of Rome and stayed first night and last night at the Hilton Garden Inn at Rome Fiumicino airport. Food was fair, selection poor and slightly overpriced...but, sometimes it's worth it just to not have to take a taxi and go someplace far.. In the morning, we get the hotel breakfast, then Uber or taxi to the port.

I am expecting, for this, the Embassy Suites will be fine. But, please tell me if I am wrong...

I think your plan is fine. I believe they give two drink coupons and offer a wide variety of drinks. My husband and I have eaten dinner there and it's fine. Their breakfast is the best free breakfast offered by any hotel. The room has a microwave and a refrigerator. There is a small store in the lobby. It's a great pre-cruise hotel if you aren't interested in doing tourist things.

OP - Embassy Suites is going through a major renovation which according to their website is expected to continue through December. The renovation started with the Atrium which has affected the restaurant, breakfast, evening reception. It may be completed by October, but who knows? I'm not sure what else is being updated. I cancelled my two night pre-cruise reservation for later this summer.

I think your plan is fine. I believe they give two drink coupons and offer a wide variety of drinks. My husband and I have eaten dinner there and it's fine. Their breakfast is the best free breakfast offered by any hotel. The room has a microwave and a refrigerator. There is a small store in the lobby. It's a great pre-cruise hotel if you aren't interested in doing tourist things.

There wasn't a drink limit in Jan. They had a drink menu with quite a good variety of drinks.

TNcruising, we did pretty much your plan except we arrived early afternoon. We had planned on Uber, but ended up just taking the hotel shuttle. It was $15 pp.