mini fridge

esimon

On the smaller HAL ships that don't have the fridges in the interior cabins, you can rent one from the ship for $2.00 a day. We did that when we were on the Maasdam in an interior cabin. We had requested it before sailing by calling HAL.

Ok so will a 'cooler' hold a wine bottle??

If you request a fridge does it get stocked?

1. Yes

2. No , it was just left empty. On Veendam , only items in cabin were soda and water. They were left on the desktop.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure if that specific ship has them in each room but considering it is their newest I would think they have them. I suggest contacting either your travel agent or HAL directly to get an answer!

Daisyloo, you're 6/7th right. One "smaller ship", the Prinsendam, has them in all cabins.

Roy

Good to know. I haven't been lucky enough to have sailed on the Prinsendam yet but would like to some day.

How do you make arrangements for a mini-fridge in your cabin? We will be sailing on the Rotterdam and our OV cabin does not have one. Do you do it ahead of time, or once you are on board? Thanks.

Just in case you can't get a mini-fridge for some reason, there's always a bucket filled with ice.

That's what I used on one of my sailings on an S-class ship.

I simply ordered a bucket of beer on the 1st day, and kept it in my cabin to chill beer, water, etc.

(And all of the above items were COLD ... as in "ice cream headache" cold! :eek: )

The only downside is the "bleeding", but the cabin steward kept everything tidy with the use of a large plate from the restaurant, and tons of towels under the bucket.

And there ya have it, problem solved. :cool: