WOW What a sale?

And even the $4500 is outrageous. That's over $642 a day. As I said from he beginning, WOW what a sale!

Yes it sure is. RCI is starting to turn me off with their nonsense sales, the NRF's and now the outrageous prices.

While RCI filled our needs perfectly for the prices they are starting to charge I'll find another line to cruise on or switch to AI's.

Just did an AI for my sons wedding at the end of May I loved it. While I wasn't at at different port every couple of days I found it much more relaxing.

We have final payment coming up on the Adventure of the Seas with another couple and we might cancel that booking and go to an AI in Mexico.

Time will tell and I'm sure RCI wouldn't notice nor care if we stop cruising with them.

Bill

I've seen it at least 3 times since May 2014.

By the way, if you are booking under US/Canadian rules, you can book now and get a price drop if a promo comes along that lowers your price before final payment date.

Has the non-refundable deposits had any effect on the book now/price drop later rule?

I just did another mock booking on RCCL and got the following: Apr 14th, D2, cabin 8202, 2 people $4814.32; Apr 21, D2, cabin 7596, 2 people $4451.36 for a total of $9265.68. If you have a TA that can get those same cabin category for $3714.68 less, I would love to get their info!! :D

We can not mention TA names here. Not sure how to get you this info.

We can not mention TA names here. Not sure how to get you this info.

I understand. I was once asked about a TA I was using but I told the other poster that I would answer him right after I got back from taking my DW to Costco. :evilsmile:

I just checked pricing for these dates on the website of the TA I use and for D2s the 4/14/18 price is $1209 per person + $118.92 Tax = $2655.84 .. the 4/21/18 D2 price is $1349 per person + $99.92 Tax = $2895.84 Total $5551.

I understand. I was once asked about a TA I was using but I told the other poster that I would answer him right after I got back from taking my DW to ______. :evilsmile:

If you provide an email, I can send you to the TA offering this.

We booked Harmony in June 2017 departing April 14, 2019 returning Easter Sunday April 21, 2019 for a total price of $3,175.85 for 2 adults & 1 child. OV w/large balcony cat. 1C. Base price was $2,888. & taxes/port charges were $287.85. After the July 1st NRF/REF repricing structure, the price increased substantially.

REF was $5,322.85 & NRF was $4507.85 taxes/port charges included

As of this morning it has decreased.

REF price is $4,980.85 & NRF is $4,385.85 taxes/port charges included

I am wondering if the pricing dept. originally priced the Easter 2019 holiday cruise incorrectly & discovered it during the new NRF/REF pricing restructure & increased it significantly to compensate for the holiday pricing.

I do not know what the prices of the April 1st 2018 Easter holiday were prior to the NRF/REF restructure but, perhaps the prices were increased substantially as the Easter 2019 prices were.

Diane

Because of pricing like that is the reason I am going on my first Oasis cruise in October. I wait till years after a new ship comes out when newer ships have come out before I will book because I find that the prices on the older version comes down at that point. I don't have to take a cruise on the newest and brightest ship when they first come out. I didn't sail on Freedom until Oasis & Allure came out and then Freedom prices went down significantly. :cool:

That's what we do, however we got a good deal on our upcoming harmony so we didn't have to wait long.

We booked Harmony in June 2017 departing April 14, 2019 returning Easter Sunday April 21, 2019 for a total price of $3,175.85 for 2 adults & 1 child. OV w/large balcony cat. 1C. Base price was $2,888. & taxes/port charges were $287.85. After the July 1st NRF/REF repricing structure, the price increased substantially.

REF was $5,322.85 & NRF was $4507.85 taxes/port charges included

As of this morning it has decreased.

REF price is $4,980.85 & NRF is $4,385.85 taxes/port charges included

I am wondering if the pricing dept. originally priced the Easter 2019 holiday cruise incorrectly & discovered it during the new NRF/REF pricing restructure & increased it significantly to compensate for the holiday pricing.

I do not know what the prices of the April 1st 2018 Easter holiday were prior to the NRF/REF restructure but, perhaps the prices were increased substantially as the Easter 2019 prices were.

Diane

We are booked on the same sailing in connecting balcony rooms and yes when the repricing went in affect July 1, our sailing price increased by $1200 per room- so I doubt we will ever get a price drop below our booking price. Can't argue over the great deal though. When I booked this sailing, I couldn't figure out why this was so much cheaper then the other Oasis Class ships same week. I think they made an error and caught it .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums