Check your prices!

For curiosity, I checked my 12/15/17 sailing on the Serenade of the Seas and was able to upgrade to a Jr. Suite from a D1 category and also save $243.00! :D Whoooooooohoooooooooo!!!

I usually book a aft balcony and this will be my first Jr. Suite on Royal. I hope I won't be disappointed! :')

I know everyone will think I'm dumb' date=' but how do I check? I have a December 24 cruise on Jewel.

Thanks for the head's up![/quote']

Use Royal's website and do a mock booking of the same exact category stateroom that you currently have booked.

Do a new booking in the same category to check current pricing.

My July 2018 was $200.00 cheaper too in the same category, but I would have lost all of the perks through my travel agent and Royal.

I guess because I upgraded, no perks lost on the Serenade. :)

I check mine every few days, It's gone up about $1,100-$1,200 since I originally booked because I got kids sail free for my 2 girls. Looks like that promo is gone now, so unless it comes back, I think I'm set at what I've got currently

That's wonderful about your JR suite. Please make sure it's isn't under the Windjammer. We got upgraded to a JR on Serenade one time and it was the noisiest cabin we have ever had! We heard them wheeling all the carts very early in the morning as well as other clanging noises. From then on, we always make sure we have cabins directly above us:)

Happy Cruising!

Use Royal's website and do a mock booking of the same exact category stateroom that you currently have booked.

Bob...is that a cruel joke! I haven't been able to get the site to work for week's. :mad:

Bob...is that a cruel joke! I haven't been able to get the site to work for week's. :mad:

Same thing was happening to me with the website not working...I switched from chrome to IE and worked, and now if I want to go through chrome, I just have to delete the cookies for the RC site and it works again...maybe that would fix it

I know everyone will think I'm dumb' date=' but how do I check? I have a December 24 cruise on Jewel.[/quote']

There are many online travel web sites which can be used to check prices easier than RCI's web site. For quick searches, you may want to spend some time finding one of those, instead of fighting through RCI's web site.

I check mine every few days, It's gone up about $1,100-$1,200 since I originally booked because I got kids sail free for my 2 girls. Looks like that promo is gone now, so unless it comes back, I think I'm set at what I've got currently

Me too!!! That kids sail free is great if you can swing it (our sailing falls during fall break!!) I am not going to beat that price...of course I still check!!

To obtain the lower price did you have to convert to a non-refundable deposit?

I found a price that would save me close to $100 on a 3 day cruise but I'd have to switch to NRD. Still too far away for that. If prices are still down a week before final payment I'll get the price drop and lock in my deposit then.

There are many online travel web sites which can be used to check prices easier than RCI's web site. For quick searches, you may want to spend some time finding one of those, instead of fighting through RCI's web site.

That's for sure

Thank you all. You were very nice about how I should check. I was able to check on the Royal Caribbean site. Our base price is more expensive than the base price right now, but we go 30% off the base price. I don't know if that was a sale or as members. My travel agent is my friend. She' going to see if there is any savings. Fingers crossed!

Our base price is more expensive than the base price right now' date=' but we go 30% off the base price. I don't know if that was a sale or as members. [/quote']

Any % off you see is meaningless since it's off some made up fare that does not exist. Only compare the bottom line price.

It sucks being in the Uk as we cannot change or cancel booking as we lose the deposit so wouldn't really save much by time u pay deposit etc

Use a USA company! But just compare prices U.K. Vs Usa sometimes not a good deal

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's wonderful about your JR suite. Please make sure it's isn't under the Windjammer. We got upgraded to a JR on Serenade one time and it was the noisiest cabin we have ever had! We heard them wheeling all the carts very early in the morning as well as other clanging noises. From then on, we always make sure we have cabins directly above us:)

Happy Cruising!

What cabin where you in? I checked the deck plans and I think I will be all right. I booked cabin # 1092 towards the back. Thanks for the heads up.

Yes, I noticed that and did some research after this post. I called and moved my cabin to #1540. Keeping my fingers crossed that this will be a more quiet area. Looking forward to experiencing a Royal Jr. Suite. :D

Honestly Biker, for me its easier to do a mock booking on RCI's website, since this is what I use to book a cruise. If I find the cruise price lower I simply call Royal and get the price drop. Never have an issue, has always been easy and simple.:)