Harmony Solarium Thumbs Down!!!

I am not sure why you would call the Allure Solarium pool a "bird bath". We did a 13 day TA on the Allure and were in the solarium pool every day. It is about waist high and on some days it was heated and on some days not. It was always a cool respite from the hottish solarium air. True you can't swim laps in it but you can't do that too easily in the other pools either.

It was our favorite spot on the ship with the attached Bistro open for breakfast and lunch. It would be very hard to get us on the Harmony without it. Our next TA is on the Brilliance and the Solarium is always our first stop

I enjoy the solarium pool as well and nice escape from all the kids in the other pools' date=' splashing and kicking. The capacity is shown at 29 people but there were 42 when I was in it on a sea day last month. With that many people I could still move around in it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I enjoy the solarium pool as well and nice escape from all the kids in the other pools, splashing and kicking. The capacity is shown at 29 people but there were 42 when I was in it on a sea day last month. With that many people I could still move around in it too.

Our condo pool max load is 27.

And it's a real pool. About 20' x 40'

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Anthem has a beautiful Solarium, but very hot and humid.

Well that sucks. It looks beautiful but I won't be spending much time there if it's oppressively hot & humid. Wish they could pump in some A/C for the enclosed Solariums.

What about anthem it appears to have a nicer solarium?

Sailed Anthem in June for 9 days and the solarium was a highlight of our trip. Its beautiful loved the tired pools.

You can not swim in them but you can not really swim in any cruise pool. The pools are about 3-4 ft deep with sitting all around the edges. People sit and talk for hours. Make friends. Its great.

I did not find it to be extra hot or humid at all. Very comfortable actually.

I never applied sun screen in the solarium but came home with a beautiful tan. My legs being in the water where much lighter than my arms, so I know most color came form the solarium. I never got a sunburn but you do get some sun thru the glass, no where as much as you would get laying out in the sun but don't assume your getting no rays at all.

If you want a "swim" pool the indoor family pool is deeper and longer. Go early to have fewer kids

I am not sure why you would call the Allure Solarium pool a "bird bath". We did a 13 day TA on the Allure and were in the solarium pool every day. It is about waist high and on some days it was heated and on some days not. It was always a cool respite from the hottish solarium air. True you can't swim laps in it but you can't do that too easily in the other pools either.

It was our favorite spot on the ship with the attached Bistro open for breakfast and lunch. It would be very hard to get us on the Harmony without it. Our next TA is on the Brilliance and the Solarium is always our first stop

As you said' date=' its only waste deep and you can't swim or even wade in it because of the water feature in the middle, people just find a spot and stand, or dip and get out.

[img']https://62e528761d0685343e1c-f3d1b99a743ffa4142d9d7f1978d9686.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/files/138362/width754/image-20160920-11123-ve82wk.jpg[/img]

I'd hardly call what they have on Oasis a pool. It's tiny. We couldn't even sit in the Oasis solarium - too hot and way too crowded. Solarium on Voyager and Freedom class are the best!

I managed to spend an excessive amount of time in the Oasis solarium pool. Tiny as it was, I had a great time.

As you said, its only waste deep and you can't swim or even wade in it because of the water feature in the middle, people just find a spot and stand, or dip and get out.

image-20160920-11123-ve82wk.jpg

Believe me it is very easy to swim in waist deep water and easy enough to go around the center fountain. It all depends on the crowds like any other pool. True you won't do laps with the butterfly stroke but you can definitely enjoy it and cool off.

We totally agree. What a waste. We kept walking around looking for the pool or SOMETHING, and there was NOTHING. Nothing there except wind. It was very windy, a total waste of space on that ship.

If you are going on Harmony, make sure you reserve your dinner reservations BEFORE you get on the ship. We did not, and the only times they had available were after 9:30pm!!! Also many of the side excursions were sold out before we even set sail, so you need to book them weeks before you set sail. Also be prepared to be RUSHED through dinner, there are so many people on the ship they just want to get you in, get you fed, and get you out of the dining room. We experienced horrible dining service at every meal.

I enjoy the solarium pool as well and nice escape from all the kids in the other pools, splashing and kicking. The capacity is shown at 29 people but there were 42 when I was in it on a sea day last month. With that many people I could still move around in it too.

I agree Fred. And I was always under the sprayers in there. It holds more than you'd think. Personally, what I think was a waste is the hot tubs in there. Too hot for them and you can always go just outside Solarium to the cantilevered hot tubs if you need to. I think both the hot tubs in the front of Solarium on Allure and Oasis should have been dip pools.

I agree Fred. And I was always under the sprayers in there. It holds more than you'd think. Personally, what I think was a waste is the hot tubs in there. Too hot for them and you can always go just outside Solarium to the cantilevered hot tubs if you need to. I think both the hot tubs in the front of Solarium on Allure and Oasis should have been dip pools.

Those hot tubs are not a waste when the cantilevered ones are packed to the gills with children.

Those hot tubs are not a waste when the cantilevered ones are packed to the gills with children.

I've never seen that since its supposed to be 16+ (I'm talking Oasis and Allure) I've noticed a big improvment on my last several cruises, but on the Oasis class ship the only time I've been in the solarium hotubs was after getting comfortable in one of the cantivlevered ones they chase us out to clean it (hang a closed sign for hours) and we went to the other side only to be chases out of that one. We like a hot tub soak before retiring for the night and I've been kicked out of 3 hot tubs by staff in one evening.

As you said, its only waste deep and you can't swim or even wade in it because of the water feature in the middle, people just find a spot and stand, or dip and get out.

image-20160920-11123-ve82wk.jpg

LOL - it does kind of look like that at times. Still, I'll take it over the sprayers.:D

I've never seen that since its supposed to be 16+ (I'm talking Oasis and Allure) I've noticed a big improvment on my last several cruises, but on the Oasis class ship the only time I've been in the solarium hotubs was after getting comfortable in one of the cantivlevered ones they chase us out to clean it (hang a closed sign for hours) and we went to the other side only to be chases out of that one. We like a hot tub soak before retiring for the night and I've been kicked out of 3 hot tubs by staff in one evening.

The cantilevered ones are 16+? I've been on Oasis multiple times and honestly never noticed that, but have seen tons of kids in them. Never been on Allure, though.

I enjoyed Harmony's Solarium. The new design with plastic overhead panels and some sort of canvas with holes made for better airflow compared to Allure. Don't care for any cruise pool, too many people too little water... The spray fountain was nice on hot days.

I for one think the 'misters' on Harmony are horrible. If I was a child and liked running through the sprinkler in the front yard, perhaps I would enjoy them. Everyone has a different opinion, I realize, but Royal should have put in a pool.

I for one think the 'misters' on Harmony are horrible. If I was a child and liked running through the sprinkler in the front yard, perhaps I would enjoy them. Everyone has a different opinion, I realize, but Royal should have put in a pool.

They had to find money to put those slides in

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app