Vision of the Seas- so what do you like about the ship and not like very much?

Thanks for the info! We have an OV cabin on deck 3 near the elevators below the conference center and restroom area. Do you think that will be a noise problem? Have any of you had a cabin in that area?

thanks for any info!

Hi Galleon

I just returned from the vision 12 night Baltic cruise, ship very clean, food very good. I had cabin on deck 3 OV and noise from above was horrendous, metal objects been rolled about and lot of chopping and banging my neighbours in next two cabins had the same problem. No sleep for 12 nights. Plus this was reported :loudcry::loudcry:

Mouseworld, What cabin were you in? What was above you? Now really scared:)!!

Thanks for any info!!

Cabin 3644, when I saw my cabin neighbours they had same, we were above the aquaris dining room and conference room, my cabin neighbours reported to, I wouldnt be scared just report it to guest reception. It hasn't put me off cruising again. Itinerary was good and ship crew excellent :):)

Hi Galleon

I just returned from the vision 12 night Baltic cruise, ship very clean, food very good. I had cabin on deck 3 OV and noise from above was horrendous, metal objects been rolled about and lot of chopping and banging my neighbours in next two cabins had the same problem. No sleep for 12 nights. Plus this was reported :loudcry::loudcry:

We had similar noises every morning whenever we were docking. I'm not sure if it was the engine, anchor, or what, but it was our wake up call every port day. No need for us to set an alarm to wake up. We were up early every port day anyway with early excursions, so the noise didn't bother us much.

We did a 12 night Mediterranean cruise on Vision in 2015. We had ocean view room #3058. It had plenty of closet and storage space, and was very quiet. We always try to book cabins that are above and below other cabins. You can try to change your cabin to a different location on the same deck if you are concerned about the potential for noise with your current cabin being under the dining room and conference center. As long as the cabin category is the same, you should be able to switch cabins without a change in cost.

We did a 12 night Mediterranean cruise on Vision in 2015. We had ocean view room #3058. It had plenty of closet and storage space, and was very quiet. We always try to book cabins that are above and below other cabins. You can try to change your cabin to a different location on the same deck if you are concerned about the potential for noise with your current cabin being under the dining room and conference center. As long as the cabin category is the same, you should be able to switch cabins without a change in cost.

Glad to hear this. We have # 3056 booked for an upcoming cruise :)

We are on the 3rd deck OV kind of under the men's Restroom and conference center. It is near the rear elevator. We are not under the restaurant. I believe it is 3106. Do you think that area will be noisy? Also, how do you like the 3rd deck OV cabins?

Thanks for any info:)!!

We just did the British Isles sailing in May. Loved the itinerary, hated the ship. The entrainment was awful. From the singer in the centrum to the CD, who was so dull it was painful. The tendering process was a disgrace, 1 tender ended up with a hole in it, took 5 hrs for some to get off the ship. Seemed like the staff were more interested in entertaining each other.

Food was o.k. Dining room had the better choices.

I am partial to the larger ships but the Vision was below any RC standards.

We are on the 3rd deck OV kind of under the men's Restroom and conference center. It is near the rear elevator. We are not under the restaurant. I believe it is 3106. Do you think that area will be noisy? Also, how do you like the 3rd deck OV cabins?

Thanks for any info:)!!

Yes, it does look like you are under that area. I think it could be noisy due to noises above from the restroom flushing and cleaning the dining room. You may want to check if another cabin in the same category on Deck 3 is available that has cabins above and below it.

I love Deck 3 OV cabins and they are our 1st choice on Vision class ships. For us, they are a much more budget friendly option than a balcony, since the fewer balconies available make for high balcony prices. You are also lower which helps reduce ship movement. Deck 3 is convenient to the dining rooms and Centrum area. Based on our experience, we can definitely recommend Deck 3 on Vision class ships, as long as you stay in a cabin that has cabins above and below it..

Yes, it does look like you are under that area. I think it could be noisy due to noises above from the restroom flushing and cleaning the dining room. You may want to check if another cabin in the same category on Deck 3 is available that has cabins above and below it.

I love Deck 3 OV cabins and they are our 1st choice on Vision class ships. For us, they are a much more budget friendly option than a balcony, since the fewer balconies available make for high balcony prices. You are also lower which helps reduce ship movement. Deck 3 is convenient to the dining rooms and Centrum area. Based on our experience, we can definitely recommend Deck 3 on Vision class ships, as long as you stay in a cabin that has cabins above and below it..

Great advice i always pick a cabin which has cabins below and above us and never hear any noise even when we are near the lifts.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I was on the ship a few years back shortly after its dry dock that added restaurants and updated venues. Thought ship was looking very modern and appealing. From here sounds like they got late night food added; before it was boiled hotdogs and bad pizza about the only things you could get after 9PM (and only like 11-midnight in Solarium). It's a "classic" mid-size ship so getting around is quite easy, lots of nice ocean views, Centrum area very nice, but absence of all the bells and whistles that create the "Wow" that RCI market. I think the Centrum aerial shows are gone now too. If you like the older ships, you'd probably really enjoy it. If you have been on newer/large ships you might get a bit of a shock and may or may not enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

We're looking at going on the Vision July 2018 for family holiday. Four kids 11, 13, 13, and 15. The itinerary is great July 13th. I'm interested to know what activities there are for kids this age. Would appreciate any feedback. There are three sea days. Does it have a putting green, basketball court etc. I've read it has a teen club. Many thanks. We had looked at the Jewel on July 8th but the Vision itinerary is so much better.

Hi there

We're looking at going on the Vision July 2018 for family holiday. Four kids 11, 13, 13, and 15. The itinerary is great July 13th. I'm interested to know what activities there are for kids this age. Would appreciate any feedback. There are three sea days. Does it have a putting green, basketball court etc. I've read it has a teen club. Many thanks. We had looked at the Jewel on July 8th but the Vision itinerary is so much better.

Unfortunately, no basketball court or mini golf.. She does have a rock climbing wall.

We will be in an OV cabin. Did you feel like the storage was well designed? Do the closets have shelves. Lots of drawers? We will be on it for several weeks and want to be prepared:)! Heard they do not have refrigerators in the room:(.

We just got off VOS 6/28/17 and had an OV cabin on deck 2. We had plenty of storage for 2 gals with all their paraphernalia. We never used the small shelves behind the mirrors at the desk. No fridge but the steward will bring an ice bucket if you ask and refresh it 2x/day. There is no electrical outlet in the bathroom so you have to dry your hair at the desk.

Sue

We have sailed the Vision twice and it is one of our favourite ships.

We had ample storage for the 2 of us (we don't travel light), but no fridge. We really like the service & food on the Vision in the MDR. Probably the best we have had. Chops was awesome. Giovanni's service and food, not so good.

We found Capt Marek to be a pain in the backside. We didn't care for him at all. The major annoyance was him doing birthday announcements at 7.30am. It was audible through the door from the speakers in the hallway & woke us every day.

On our trip ending 6/27/17, those announcements were made at noon.

Sue

A far bigger spread than on my recent Jewel cruise.

The famous beef sandwiches in the bun.

Soup

Selection of salads ready to go

Selection of wraps which they could toast as panini for you

Cookies and cakes

Selection of fruit

Flavoured water and tea/coffee.

Started around 3pm and ran till late.

Don't forget the warm bread pudding with vanilla sauce!

Sue

We got an oceanview on deck 2. Hope the noise wouldn't bother us.

We were in 2610 and the crew was not on our deck. They are below the waterline. The only noise we heard were the thrusters one time when we were leaving. We slept through docking every time.

Sue

Does anybody have any experience with cabins on deck 4?

Yes. We had an ocean view room all the way forward. Whenever we were docking, I'm assuming it was the thrusters we heard. Woke us up each morning. Which was fine since we had early excursions planned. Our room was across the hall from the orchestra pit entrance to the theatre. Music usually started around 6pm or so when they were rehearsing. Music was Very loud and heard everything in our room, but didn't bother us as we were heading out for dinner or going to catch the show. Other than that, room was fine and plenty of space for a large suitcase and carry on size luggage to store. We really enjoyed Vision. Enjoy your cruise.

Did you have to pay for room service breakfast? I think they charge now

Yes, for a hot breakfast, but no for a cold breakfast.

One thing we did was order coffee brought to us in the morning. One morning nothing came, so after that we stopped ordering it and went to the MDR instead. We could have called to request why our coffee was not brought to us but chose not to.