Mystery Charges to SeaPass Card

I am a Diamond member with RC, and have noticed the last few cruises that there always seem to be small mystery charges to my SeaPass card on the final morning printout or after I return home.

This past cruise, we departed on Saturday morning, and noticed a charge in the MDR from previous evening had been added. Had to queue up (glad I wasn't in a hurry) to get this removed. It was for a bottle of wine (we were on the drinks package, and didn't dine in the MDR that night).

Arrived home, and received an emailed invoice (maybe this is a new thing). We had been charged for the minibar after departure.

We have had everything refunded now, so no problem really. However, the same type of thing has happened on three previous cruises, and just wondered if anyone else has noticed this happening?

On my last cruise I found out the next day for a charge for a bottle of beer at the MDR dinner which I did not even order. Went to customer service desk and they removed it. My concern is how can someone charge something into my account when they don't even have my seapass card. I asked that to the customer service person, he didn't give any good explaination except saying it happens sometime.

On my last cruise I found out the next day for a charge for a bottle of beer at the MDR dinner which I did not even order. Went to customer service desk and they removed it. My concern is how can someone charge something into my account when they don't even have my seapass card. I asked that to the customer service person, he didn't give any good explaination except saying it happens sometime.

I'm guessing that it just gets charged to the folio number on your card and there is no cross checking done to see if the names match.

I am a Diamond member with RC, and have noticed the last few cruises that there always seem to be small mystery charges to my SeaPass card on the final morning printout or after I return home.

This past cruise, we departed on Saturday morning, and noticed a charge in the MDR from previous evening had been added. Had to queue up (glad I wasn't in a hurry) to get this removed. It was for a bottle of wine (we were on the drinks package, and didn't dine in the MDR that night).

Arrived home, and received an emailed invoice (maybe this is a new thing). We had been charged for the minibar after departure.

We have had everything refunded now, so no problem really. However, the same type of thing has happened on three previous cruises, and just wondered if anyone else has noticed this happening?

What exactly does being Diamond have to do with unknown charges on your Sea Pass Cards. I believe the mini bar charges happen to even those low Gold members and first time cruisers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Oasis 2 weeks ago. I'd hand the waiter my seapass card and he would write the number down on a pad. I asked him something and he bent down to answer me and I could see his note pad. He had a BUNCH of numbers written on the pad. So, my guess, he goes back into the system at a later time and puts the numbers in. And perhaps, can't read his own writing? Or typos the numbers? Sure there are other explanations as to why accounts get random items added to them.

Yes, this happened to us on a recent "Explorer of the Seas" cruise. We received a printout of our charges the night before disembarkation and all was OK. Then, after we came home we checked our credit card and there was an additional charge of $6.24 (approximately). I made a polite inquiry on RCI's Facebook messenger site, giving my name, cabin # and cruise info. Received a reply within a few hours stating it was for a bottle of Evian water in our cabin that we allegedly consumed. At no time, did we ever open, take or consume a bottle of Evian water. I responded to RCI and the charge was removed. Makes you wonder how many more passengers are getting charged for things they did not purchase. Did tell them we enjoyed our cruise other than that little charge.

What exactly does being Diamond have to do with unknown charges on your Sea Pass Cards. I believe the mini bar charges happen to even those low Gold members and first time cruisers.

I was just trying to demonstrate that I am a regular cruiser with RC, and have noticed this happening on my last few cruises. I actually find the "Diamond" benefits of little use, and don't feel at all special or valued by RC.

I was just trying to demonstrate that I am a regular cruiser with RC, and have noticed this happening on my last few cruises. I actually find the "Diamond" benefits of little use, and don't feel at all special or valued by RC.

Ok, so why mention your status? I don't think status has anything to do with the mini bar charges after a cruise.

Ok, so why mention your status? I don't think status has anything to do with the mini bar charges after a cruise.

I don't think my Diamond Status has anything to do with minibar charges either. So, just to repeat myself, I was attempting to demonstrate that I am a regular RC cruiser, and have noticed this practice the last few cruises I have taken with RC. If I was Gold, or even a first-time cruiser, I couldn't make that comparison, as I would not have experienced enough cruises with RC yet. Maybe you would have been more comfortable if I had simply said I was a regular RC cruiser. Sorry if I hurt your feelings!

I don't think my Diamond Status has anything to do with minibar charges either. So, just to repeat myself, I was attempting to demonstrate that I am a regular RC cruiser, and have noticed this practice the last few cruises I have taken with RC. If I was Gold, or even a first-time cruiser, I couldn't make that comparison, as I would not have experienced enough cruises with RC yet. Maybe you would have been more comfortable if I had simply said I was a regular RC cruiser. Sorry if I hurt your feelings!

Didn't hurt my feelings at all. Just find it strange that people feel the need to mention their status, like it has anything to do with charges to ones account.

Didn't hurt my feelings at all. Just find it strange that people feel the need to mention their status, like it has anything to do with charges to ones account.

Did it REALLY bother you that the OP mentioned his/her DIAMOND status? :confused: So many more important things to fret about, like shorts in the MDR, pepper grinders, decorations on one's door, or wearing lanyards (of course, to show off one's status ;p). What I find it strange is how so many people are offended by so many things on this forum. Sorry, but I just had to hit "submit" on this tongue-in-cheek response. Have a nice day (oops, did I offend anyone who doesn't want to have a nice day???)

Did it REALLY bother you that the OP mentioned his/her DIAMOND status? :confused: So many more important things to fret about, like shorts in the MDR, pepper grinders, decorations on one's door, or wearing lanyards (of course, to show off one's status ;p). What I find it strange is how so many people are offended by so many things on this forum. Sorry, but I just had to hit "submit" on this tongue-in-cheek response. Have a nice day (oops, did I offend anyone who doesn't want to have a nice day???)[/quote

Did not offend me! I think you said it beautifully!:cool:

I see the op point. Also I see alot of people flaunt their status of how much money they have given Royal. I am gold does that mean squat to Corporate yead I spent less money then somebody else. All businesses want a loyal customer base, but how many are loyal to the customer base

I just read your post. The man was making a reference so you could tell he has cruised a lot with rccl.

Are you always trolling around to pick on someone's post or is this just one you somehow decided to pick on?

Get a life and let the post roll on.

Yes, this happened to us on a recent "Explorer of the Seas" cruise. We received a printout of our charges the night before disembarkation and all was OK. Then, after we came home we checked our credit card and there was an additional charge of $6.24 (approximately). I made a polite inquiry on RCI's Facebook messenger site, giving my name, cabin # and cruise info. Received a reply within a few hours stating it was for a bottle of Evian water in our cabin that we allegedly consumed. At no time, did we ever open, take or consume a bottle of Evian water. I responded to RCI and the charge was removed. Makes you wonder how many more passengers are getting charged for things they did not purchase. Did tell them we enjoyed our cruise other than that little charge.

The same happened to me on my 05/2017 cruise on NCL. But it was the steward. He wrote out a bill and left the bottle and bill under it on my desk. He was in the hallway so I asked him why he did that? He said the seal was broken on the bottle. I told him it wasn't me. I placed the large bottled waters (2 of them), binder(s) and tent info. and put them on shelf behind TV and that's where they stayed the WHOLE trip. Someone didn't do a thorough cabin check before &/or after previous cruisers left. He tore up the bill and took the bottle away.

I ended up having paid a $40 charge on my SeaPass account because I completely missed it until months later. I had reviewed my SeaPass account regularly on the TV and didn't see it there, and I reviewed the paper bill at the end of the cruise (although not well enough), but there was a $40 charge for the Pool Bar (I think) that was dated for the day we were at Labadee. I didn't discover this until I was re-reviewing the paper copy before discarding it. :(

I don't remember whether I had the drink package that cruise, but I know that I didn't spend $40 all at once at a bar.

This mysterious charge at some bar has happened to me on several cruises. All of mine have always been corrected. I did notice on my last two RCI cruises that the servers or bartenders were no longer using folio #'s to charge me. I believe this started on Empress in October 2016. I did ask a bartender if he wanted my folio # and he said too many mistakes have been made and on Empress they were not allowed to use folio # anymore. I am not sure this is fleet wide but it is showing a comprehension by some cruise lines acknowledging a problem.

Did it REALLY bother you that the OP mentioned his/her DIAMOND status? :confused: So many more important things to fret about, like shorts in the MDR, pepper grinders, decorations on one's door, or wearing lanyards (of course, to show off one's status ;p). What I find it strange is how so many people are offended by so many things on this forum. Sorry, but I just had to hit "submit" on this tongue-in-cheek response. Have a nice day (oops, did I offend anyone who doesn't want to have a nice day???)

Great post:)!

I agree and it pays to keep your receipts and check your charges daily.

I would think for everyone who disputes the phantom charges their will be several who either don't check or don't bother contacting RC later to get refunded.

These charges happen on other cruise lines as well.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app