Gratuities for infants?

Irishgirl85

Just a guess - if they are not FARE paying guests - there should be no gratuities i.e. DSC etc. !

The 6 months old - probably exempt - the 5 year old may be treated as 3rd guest and charged ?

But NCL with its wisdom and fine print may have something else to say about this.

Tips for crew people taking care of details for your children's comfort appreciated.

I always find it interesting that no charge for under 3 years old. In reality and my experience, these passengers often need additional service and work. Similar to a restaurant where they get the $5 meal but make a $50 mess - LOL.

I always find it interesting that no charge for under 3 years old. In reality and my experience, these passengers often need additional service and work. Similar to a restaurant where they get the $5 meal but make a $50 mess - LOL.

How does this help answer the OP's question?

Just a guess - if they are not FARE paying guests - there should be no gratuities i.e. DSC etc. !

The 6 months old - probably exempt - the 5 year old may be treated as 3rd guest and charged ?

But NCL with its wisdom and fine print may have something else to say about this.

Tips for crew people taking care of details for your children's comfort appreciated.

The 6 month-old "pays" the same fare as the 5 year-old (guests #3 & #4)

The 6 month-old doesn't pay a DSC.

Not like on a plane, everyone, including the 6 month old is a fare paying passenger. Infants who sail "free" under the 3rd and 4th passengers sail free program also pay taxes, and port fees. The only thing they are exempt from paying is the DSC.

So sorry I was just adding to conversation/making an observation. I believe the question has been answered.

I liked your observation, regardless of the self-appointed moderating butting in! I always find it funny that people post chiding others for posting needless information when their very post provides the same "violation" of a non-existent rule.

Thanks for those most enlightening light reading LINKS !

Thanks for correcting my presumption of Fares for infants.

Hope the OP has an opportunity to review the LINKS and see what is in store for bringing children along on a cruise.

Suggestion have a 5th person onboard for Nanny duty.