Diamond vs. Diamond Plus

First, I have no issue with adding another Lounge to bring back the benefits that D+ lost.

The issue I have, people keep saying make a Lounge for D+/P. I believe PC members enjoy the SL/CK. I suggest you get their buy in first. I also believe that many D+ like to hob knob with PC and that is also what they miss. I see that in the CL quite often.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is nice to talk to everyone who have similar interests,it doesn't matter who they are.

I am pleased for Pinnacles because i respect their loyalty.

My point is the sheer number of D and D+ on the 5400 capacity larger ships deserve 2 lounge options.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

The CL and DL areas are still there, but for some reason they closed the existing DL and combined the two into the now renamed CL as just a DL. They could still go back to the original DL and CL set up. IMHO I wish they would. :(

No need to add a new lounge...just reopen as they were. The newly added suites will still enjoy their own new place, and we would get back to status quo, without the crowding.

Great idea.

The CL and DL areas are still there, but for some reason they closed the existing DL and combined the two into the now renamed CL as just a DL. They could still go back to the original DL and CL set up. IMHO I wish they would. :(

No need to add a new lounge...just reopen as they were. The newly added suites will still enjoy their own new place, and we would get back to status quo, without the crowding.

The old DL became a half dozen inside cabins. The balcony is still there.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

For us, D+ is like a temporary firewall protecting us from loss of access to the diamond lounges. We are not drinkers of alcoholic beverages, so you won't see us in the happy hours, only for the continental breakfasts & relaxing during the day.

You know, access to the lounges is the best loyalty perk, bar none, in mainstream cruising. But we like cruising other lines, even trying freighters, and the memory of those lovely lounges and the coffee machine keeps drawing us back. We keep our expectations very low, so pretty much any cruise turns out great for us.

So, access to the lounges is sort of the tie breaker if we're mulling over choices where itineraries are similar. if RCI shuns its D & D+ guests in accommodating P & suite guests in our namesake 'diamond' lounges, their loyalty program may start to unravel and slow their annual $8,500,000,000 sales & revenue. Lots of competition, like MSC, watch out RCI!

Our $.02

For us, D+ is like a temporary firewall protecting us from loss of access to the diamond lounges. We are not drinkers of alcoholic beverages, so you won't see us in the happy hours, only for the continental breakfasts & relaxing during the day.

You know, access to the lounges is the best loyalty perk, bar none, in mainstream cruising. But we like cruising other lines, even trying freighters, and the memory of those lovely lounges and the coffee machine keeps drawing us back. We keep our expectations very low, so pretty much any cruise turns out great for us.

So, access to the lounges is sort of the tie breaker if we're mulling over choices where itineraries are similar. if RCI shuns its D & D+ guests in accommodating P & suite guests in our namesake 'diamond' lounges, their loyalty program may start to unravel and slow their annual $8,500,000,000 sales & revenue. Lots of competition, like MSC, watch out RCI!

Our $.02

I agree having the lounge at any time of day for a coffee and somewhere quiet outside lounge drinking hours is often undervalued but good perk nonetheless.

Our $.02

The Suite Lounge with CK didn't take over any Diamond Lounge. Royal upped their game for Suite Guests and PC. They renamed the CL to DL. The old Diamond Lounge now has cabins in place according to John.

The issues seem to be that D+ lost breakfast and lunch as well as free beer/wine during lunch on Oasis Class. D+ and PC then had two lounges they could visit. PC still have access to two while D+ one. D+ are now forced to share the Lounge with D.

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

I sailed Allure as a Diamond prior to the drydock. DL was great, for about 6 couples that could sit in the balcony. For the rest, not so much.

I really can't imagine that any D+ guests would have gone there instead of the CL.

We have sailed Oasis once as D+ since drydock. The renamed, yet downgraded DL is as nice as any other DL or CL in the fleet.

I agree having the lounge at any time of day for a coffee and somewhere quiet outside lounge drinking hours is often undervalued but good perk nonetheless.

I agree. In fact that is about all we use the lounge for as I have never been here during happy hour. I don't need the crowd and the three C&A drinks are plenty for me. Many nights I don't even use all three. I'm just not a big drinker. I like relaxing with a cup of coffee on the outdoor area of the DL on the Voyager and Freedom class ships. On Allure and Oasis I'm pretty much in and out to get a cup of coffee. I spend enough time inside during the cold New England winters. I go to the Caribbean to be outside.

Totally right on!! They were already going to build the new SL...why take one of the others away,

adding to the crowding issue? :o

John gave you the answer. Apparently RCI figured out a way to squeeze a few more dollars out of their ships. They have been adding cabins to many of them.:rolleyes:

Why did RCI kick the Diamonds out of the CL not that many years ago?

What did they do then before they slowly installed the DLs on ships?

Personally I loved the Diamond "Events"....most especially on Freedom. It was always a fun time! :)

There is no SL...no CL...and no DL on MJ...but we somehow have a great time at the nightly cocktail hour

in the VCL. :D

I guess we went back to doing what we use to do when we were back at Gold level?:eek::eek::D:p

There was another one that they added later on a lower floor, still marked as DL and showed up on the deck plan...but not used (looked like storage equipment in there). I know cocktails were not offered in the original DL (but I liked the coffee station in there). Nightly cocktails for DL was in Blaze night club during happy hour. That balcony was also a nice place to people and parade watch, if you could

find room at the railing that is.

Edited by island lady

John gave you the answer. Apparently RCI figured out a way to squeeze a few more dollars out of their ships. They have been adding cabins to many of them.:rolleyes:

Or in the case of Enchantment (fondly nicknamed "Enstretchment" ;p)...they cut it in half, and added more

cabins! :o

Gosh I miss that ship!! Wish we could get her back in PC! She had a lot to offer for a Vision class. :)

I guess we went back to doing what we use to do when we were back at Gold level?:eek:

What....drink and eat too much??!! ;p;p:p:eek:

I still enjoyed the "Diamond Event" on various ships they offered before the DLs went in. It was the people we met in those venues. Many liked minded people that love to cruise. :)

One of the best was on Jewel where they had the Diamond Event in the old cigar bar on the VCL deck, which later

became the CL. I still like that location for the half circle bar, fun place to talk to other cruise mates!

Or in the case of Enchantment (fondly nicknamed "Enstretchment" ;p)...they cut it in half, and added more

cabins! :o

Gosh I miss that ship!! Wish we could get her back in PC! She had a lot to offer for a Vision class. :)

I wish. We would do a LOT more 3 days if she was here. MJ, although crew is awesome, just lacks.

There was another one that they added later on a lower floor, still marked as DL and showed up on the deck plan...but not used (looked like storage equipment in there). I know cocktails were not offered in the original DL (but I liked the coffee station in there). Nightly cocktails for DL was in Blaze night club during happy hour. That balcony was also a nice place to people and parade watch, if you could

find room at the railing that is.

Was that the one attached to MDR? It didn't last long. Maybe some problems with access. They were also toying with adding Wonderland like Harmony. I guess we're lucky that didn't happen