Can it be done?

Need a little advice/help. I currently have a cabin that I planned on cancelling as I had a member of my party back out. A person on my roll-call is in dire need of a cabin and wants to have it (the Allure is "sold out" for our sailing.) Is there any way I can let her have the cabin vs. cancelling it and if so, how do I do it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Perhaps the roll call person could call and put a "hold" on that specific cabin...you call and cancel..and that might do it.

I kinda doubt they can put a 'hold' on a cabin that is already reserved...plus there may already be a waiting list to get on that sailing.

A phone call may somehow allow your friends to get the stateroom, as they might be willing to change the names...but it would be at whatever the prevailing rate would be if a stateroom opened up, not at the rate you reserved at. If the sailing is sold out I would imagine one room opening up would be higher in price.

If the new person is going alone, just remove one of the names off the cabin, put that person's name on it and have the other original just be a no-show.

The best scenario is the cabin holds three people and you drop one name off of the original booking and then the other two names can be added.

It is best to do a three-way call.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It sounds easy to do but just had a similar incident and it did not work out.

I had 4 cabins together and one else where on the ship. One of the 4 had to cancel because of illness. I wanted to move the other party to that cabin so we could all be together. The agent I talked to informed me that once the cabin was cancelled it would reprice to current rates.

OK, so what is the current rate? Friends did not want to pay to much more. She said she would check and then next thing she said the cabin was cancelled and in "limbo" and she could not get it back. She talked to someone in resolutions, then to someone in IT who was trying to get the cabin back. She said they would work on it and took my # to call me back. IT was closed for the weekend so when I didn't hear back, I called them and was told the room was booked by someone else. WHAT??? I never told them to cancel it.

I have talked to resolutions and inquired if they could move the new party to the other cabin and let me have my cabin back for my friend.

Sher told me to wait till final payment and if nothing changes, maybe they would reach out to the other party.

Yes I know its not a big deal, we are all still going on a cruise but Royal really goofed on this one. I never told her to cancel the room. Just inquired how it would work if I cancelled and had our friends move to that cabin.

Guess that was too difficult to do..

Is this for your November 12th cruise? There are several cabins showing up as available for that cruise. The problem is more that from what I have read the person that wants the cabin for a family member wants the cabin cheap (at your rate rather than the prevailing rate) and if you are transferring it to them and they reprice then it is a lot of work to get a specific cabin when they could book one of the currently open cabins and move to yours once you cancel and it opens up.

I admire the lengths you are going to to help this person out.

The other option is that you add the granddaughter of the interested party to the cabin. And have your guest as a no show (if it is currently booked as a single) someone else would be able to confirm if it would be doable or if it reprices.

Best of luck

Thanks so much for the quick responses. You've all given me something to think about and work on. Yes, it is for the Nov 12 sailing and if I can save her some money without getting myself into a jam, I don't mind helping her out.Will let ya'll know how it works out for future reference.

• 4 weeks later...
Would this perhaps work - Change the name of one passenger, once that is confirmed at a later date change the other? This would mean paying any fees to change passenger names.

Nope, one of the original passengers must be the same, they go back and see what the names were at the time the booking was first made.