Thank You For Listening.

Hawkstar33

I would never "86" Fish Lover. Their posts are entertaining and offer interesting reading. As long as you don't take the bait, take it personally or seriously you can often get advice on inconsequential matters that you can then ignore.

I was thinking the same thing[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes another NEW COKE. I remember RCCL stating that they had done research on this form of dining and designed the smaller, broken up different type of dining venues on the Quantum around this research???

NOT ONE PERSON ON CC EVER SAID THEY WERE IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM POLLED OR QUESTIONED DEALING WITH THIS NEW IDEA... WHO did they do research with? Granted CC members are not the only people out there, but don't you think one or two may have been part of research into such and expensive investment in ship design alone?

bosco

I can tell you how most companies do their "research" - focus groups. I used to be a regular candidate for a local marketing research company and I was called frequently to at least be screened for groups. I did focus groups on a large coffee shop brand, a mobile tablet device, blown-in attic insulation, a B2B website pertaining to my industry, and "alternative adult beverages" to name a few. The focus group periods would last a couple of days and in that time they would do in-depth Q&A sessions with fewer than a hundred people. Corporate giants would make massive decisions based on the opinions of a few dozen individuals who were being paid between $20-$100 cash for their time.

I could tell in my sessions that some group members were spouting some complete BS - and a couple admitted to me privately over the years that they had lied on their screenings to get into some of the more lucrative or fun ones (like the alcohol one that involved tasting various beverages and getting free transportation to and from the firm.) Therefore it's entirely feasible that if a research company called around to candidates asking "Have you ever been on a cruise? Would you like to come participate in a focus group on cruising?" then it stands to reason that at least a few participants might lie to get some cash under the table. They would also never reveal the client until at least after the focus group started, if at all. I never did learn who the possible manufacturer of the tablet was or the could-be producer of the flavored malt beverage we were comparing to recognized brands.

Basically, "extensive research" isn't always that extensive and it certainly isn't always very accurate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So I can look forward to a burger and fries poolside without taking my self proclaimed fat lazy bum to the lunch buffet the one or two days I indulge myself with this 'vacation lunch fare'???

So-weet!!!

Yes Indeed, the best place for a burger is back to normal. We can all thank the those at corporate for bringing it back???

Why thank them? They new that this would go over like a lead balloon. They knew this was a really cheapskate thing to do, so they tried to do it and it apparently got too much negative feedback.

It shouldn't have been done in the first place. If they wanted to make more money selling quasi Kobe burgers for 10 bucks they could have done it at another specialty venue.

No thanks to them from me.

bosco:mad:

I've been on this board since its inception and this has happened enough in the past to be more than coincidence. Not frequent but it does happen

Hey Don, how far back? AOL days, or once it went web based?

CC has an interesting history. Maybe the makings of a new thread discussion?

And yes, the Celebrity staff and Brass, read this site!

Careful... You risk angering the villagers. After all, CC's 1,564,645 members represent a whopping 7.7% of the 20,335,000 annual cruise passengers.

Just because other passengers don't read Cruisecritic doesn't mean they don't have the same opinions

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

Celebrity monitors Cruise Critic and sometimes responds here. The negativity about Mast Grill and Pool Grill changes on this board was surely noted by them. However, if there was a lot of negativity about the changes from on-ship passengers in the post-cruise customer satisfaction surveys that would probably be the deciding factor to reverse the changes. My guess is that they would pay more attention to feedback from direct passengers on the ships (Constellation and Equinox) that actually experienced the changes and who reacted and commented to them. Cruise Critic is just one source of feedback. The large majority who recently commented on the issue here were not actually on board either Connie or Equinox.

Careful... You risk angering the villagers. After all, CC's 1,564,645 members represent a whopping 7.7% of the 20,335,000 annual cruise passengers.

What percentage is a focus group that companies use in determining marketing strategy?

How many people read Cruise Critic without registering?

While 7.7% may not be a large sampling, there are not too many places like this that a company can go to in order to get their finger on the pulse of how their customers feel. Cruise Critic is a very inexpensive way for cruise lines to monitor customer sentiments.

What percentage is a focus group that companies use in determining marketing strategy?

While 7.7% may not be a large sampling, there are not too many places like this that a company can go to in order to get their finger on the pulse of how their customers feel. Cruise Critic is a very inexpensive way for cruise lines to monitor customer sentiments.

I don't think they are interested in anything other than what comes from the bean counters and the corporate executives, who probably do not have the same experiences we do on their cruises, sitting around a board room pulling ideas out of their heads.

Not only does this board offer them a great platform to kick ideas around, but think of the hundreds of thousands of past passengers they have in their data base. We all must get the same emails concerning sales, itineraries that in my case have no interest to me even though my preferences are always made when they ask "where are you interested in cruising?" and so many other announcements rather than any questions from us.

Over the years I have been on this board, and others, I have never seen any substantive evidence of Celebrity, Royal, HAL or NCL sending out polls or REAL research emails before so many changes are put in place. NOT ONCE. Sure, we all got those quickie response cards and now emails but they are just really critiques of the service we got on our cruise.

Maybe I am off the wall with this but with the enormous list of past passengers and members on this and other boards, I would think that type of research to new ideas from the board room would serve them well.

OMO

bosco

Maybe I am off the wall with this but with the enormous list of past passengers and members on this and other boards, I would think that type of research to new ideas from the board room would serve them well.

Can't you just see it. They send out a poll and some people like the idea and other's don't. So, they go with the majority and those that didn't like it, will scream and yell that they didn't take my advice, which is the only one who counts in their mind, and they made the biggest mistake and they would go on and on how Celebrity only cares about the money, the President doesn't know what she is doing, the polls are rigged to show the results for what Celebrity wanted to do, Celebrity isn't listening to us, etc. I don't think there would be a win win for Celebrity if they did this. Edited by NLH Arizona

Hey Don, how far back? AOL days, or once it went web based?

CC has an interesting history. Maybe the makings of a new thread discussion?

And yes, the Celebrity staff and Brass, read this site!

Back to day one on AOL, those were interesting days when people were not only attacked on the board but people could use instant message to go after you. I don't think people on here are too interested in the history, just my feelings. If you were on the Celebrity board do you remember Parnami....

By the way, I was on a board previous to Cruise Critic. Don't remember the name but it was in the early 90s and was on that operating system that Sears had created that was quite popular for awhile. This board was very active and I kept in touch with someone from NYC for quite awhile after the board closed up.

Back to day one on AOL, those were interesting days when people were not only attacked on the board but people could use instant message to go after you. I don't think people on here are too interested in the history, just my feelings. If you were on the Celebrity board do you remember Parnami....

By the way, I was on a board previous to Cruise Critic. Don't remember the name but it was in the early 90s and was on that operating system that Sears had created that was quite popular for awhile. This board was very active and I kept in touch with someone from NYC for quite awhile after the board closed up.

Oh yeah, I remember. I was actually trying to remember his name last night. Who would have thought the placement of women's products was worth two years of discussion. :rolleyes:

No, never used the other site. I believe my first computer coincided with AOL.

Do you miss "You have mail"? I don't, but still use the same email address. Good day to you!

Oh yeah, I remember. I was actually trying to remember his name last night. Who would have thought the placement of women's products was worth two years of discussion. :rolleyes:

No, never used the other site. I believe my first computer coincided with AOL.

Do you miss "You have mail"? I don't, but still use the same email address. Good day to you!

The woman's products was a classic, his web site is still up but doesn't look like it's been updated in awhile. Still has on there the infamous Century review with the comments about the women's products. I talked to him frequently on chat while they were on aol. Still use the same email address from AOL.

The computer operating system was called Prodigy, very big for awhile in the early 90s.

Edited by dkjretired

I found CC around the end of the AOL days, & recal tge user name Parnami, but can't recall the details. There are so msny who no longer post, some real entertaining(in a good way). The name Danno comes to mind. I recall the boards as being kinder back then, but I could be wrong.

I found CC around the end of the AOL days, & recal tge user name Parnami, but can't recall the details. There are so msny who no longer post, some real entertaining(in a good way). The name Danno comes to mind. I recall the boards as being kinder back then, but I could be wrong.

Boards were much kinder back then but things were a little simpler. Very few dress code threads because you either dressed up for the entire night or you had to eat room service. No buffet for dinner and no specialty restaurants and if you were not properly dressed after 6 you weren't allowed in other venues. So a lot less arguments.

I do remember Danno, he quit cruising when he bought his own boat, did not like any ships larger than Horizon class.

Also, Newt was the funniest person ever on this board. They actually made him a moderator for the day, it was hysterical.

I have it on good authority that there is at least one focus group that Celebrity have . Participants have to sign an NDA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also, Newt was the funniest person ever on this board. They actually made him a moderator for the day, it was hysterical.

I agree. He was hilarious. I miss a lot of the folks that was around then. But, there are still some great folks on here now. :)

I wish Celebrity would start a focus group with real cruisers to test out their website. I am renowned as a tester - I can break anything! If they spent time seeing how people research cruises, using other websites, they'd have more insight into needed functionality and accessibility.

Over the years, I have become convinced that people who program these websites never use them, as the typical cruiser tries to do.

Just like the airline seat designers - they have never had to fly in one of those contraptions for 7 to 10 hours!

And exactly the opposite - the folks at CC have done an incredible job with this site (IMHO)!.

Over the years, I have become convinced that people who program these websites never use them, as the typical cruiser tries to do.

Just like the airline seat designers - they have never had to fly in one of those contraptions for 7 to 10 hours!

And exactly the opposite - the folks at CC have done an incredible job with this site (IMHO)!.

Not only using the web site but believe many have never been on a cruise ship.