Book RCCL USA cruise from Europe

Hi, do you know if it is possible to book a cruise on rccl.com. vs rccl.ie ( Europe)

as we are based in Europe, and some cruise lines only allow you to book on your counrty's site

Thanks

Living in Norway we also get redirected to our local site, but I believe it is possible.

1) Try using this link: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/home.do

2) Use a US based travel agent/site, like one of those you book hotels through

I don't know how prices are presented in Australia, but if it is like in Norway the american prices will appear to be much lower.

Why?

1) The advertised prices are without tax

2) Daily gratuities are not included when you book (but some add it at the final stage if you have my time dining).

I have been trying to find the cheapest prices comparing USA and Norway, and they are usually very close.

However, right now I found an example of the opposite:

Harmony of the seas: 10 march 2019, ocean view balcony (8D), 2 adults:

Online travel site from Microsoft: $2555 + $189 (gratuities) = $2744

http://www.royalcaribbean.no: $4077

..although the last one has deluxe drink package included if you order before august 5th (or so).

How much, in USD, would the same cruise be on the australian website?

I once ended up purchasing a cruise from France RCI site rather than Finland (Nordic) site with their weekend sale. I did not notice it until I got a booking confirmation in French. Royal first insisted that I cannot do that, but I argued that we are in EU and in the end was entitled to have the price. it was 500 eur less than Nordic price at that moment. Only trouble was that the system did not accept my home address. I ended up inputting real street & town address but wrong country.

I understand the differencies between US / EU (and other non-EU countries), but within EU we should be treated equal as we have same EU laws protecting customers.

I Agree!

We have been using an US agent for the last 10 years - pricing is consistently about 20-30% lower than the German pricing - but you loose the EU consumer protection....

If you need a drink-package the UK pricing might be something to consider when they have special.

I find the UK pricing to be the cheapest around in the EU....

Harmony of the seas: 10 march 2019, ocean view balcony (8D), 2 adults:

Online travel site from Microsoft: $2555 + $189 (gratuities) = $2744

www.royalcaribbean.no: $4077

..although the last one has deluxe drink package included if you order before august 5th (or so).

In Ireland that would be $4061 including gratuities.

So yes, europeans are sometimes screwed over.

We where about to book Symphony for next summer, until the "fantastic" drink and WiFi package was added and Royal raised the price with almost 1000$.

Might be time to look around on different international sites.

Should've clarified. I meant directly with a UK Address. As it won't let you continue without selecting a state.. Not that I've tried.. obviously :)

Put in any state, there's no checking of its correctness.

We where about to book Symphony for next summer, until the "fantastic" drink and WiFi package was added and Royal raised the price with almost 1000$.

Might be time to look around on different international sites.

Same problem here. We are looking to book a group of 18 or so and the prices jumped through the roof.

Hopefully they will drop down again after august 5th!

State --

At the end of the list of US and Canada states, there is the option of non US/Canada :D

Ha! Is there.. I never actually looked at the bottom of the list. I just assumed it would be at the top with N/A is there was such an option

Same problem here. We are looking to book a group of 18 or so and the prices jumped through the roof.

Hopefully they will drop down again after august 5th!

I think the "deal" ends the 6th.

If it doesn't drop down we might book Celebrity instead, but we would like to do the Oasis class again.

• 2 weeks later...

surprise surprise, prices have dropped (in norway) after the campaign :-) not completely back to the old prices but still. And when I searched up a cruise now instead of the "usual" 30% discount it was a NORDIC ADJUST for some amount. I can't belive the cruise lines get away with all of these fake sales

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
surprise surprise, prices have dropped (in norway) after the campaign :-) not completely back to the old prices but still. And when I searched up a cruise now instead of the "usual" 30% discount it was a NORDIC ADJUST for some amount. I can't belive the cruise lines get away with all of these fake sales

I'm a great fan of NORDIC ADJUST. It actually makes those prices cheaper than they are on the US site. I had to do a weird VPN setup with browser in an incognito mode, but managed to see all the different (!) prices on local sites. The effect on a Junior Suite, Adventure OTS Southern Caribbean September was hundreds of euros. The info box stated "NORDIC ADJUST -980€" but the reality was less, because there are other deals on other sites Still remarkable, about -600€ compared to US.

So I took it. :) Was thinking Balcony first.

What would be really interesting to know is the logic behind those local deals. When to expect those, on which routes for which booking-of-origins. Obviously there is some algorithm behind everything that is definitely not public, but that's just a simple reverse-engineering job for a machine learning project?