First Time in a Neptune Suite

qsuzi

We are in a Neptune Suite for our November cruise and just wondering if anyone knows what type of coffee maker is in the suite? I saw where someone on another thread said Nepresso.

Thanks

It is a pod-type coffee maker, but I can't recall the brand name. I don't think it is Nespresso.

It is a pod-type coffee maker, but I can't recall the brand name. I don't think it is Nespresso.

Thank you. My DW likes the Green Mountain Breakfast Blend so a pod type would be great. She is not a big coffee drinker but does enjoy a cup in the morning. The veranda will be a great place to enjoy that first cup.:D

Yes, they are still available. A form is dropped off and you check it if you would like them and give it to the concierge.

Apparently, a number of people weren't using them so they do this to avoid waste.

Thanks for your reply.

Thank you. My DW likes the Green Mountain Breakfast Blend so a pod type would be great. She is not a big coffee drinker but does enjoy a cup in the morning. The veranda will be a great place to enjoy that first cup.:D

Definitely not a Keurig type pod. The pods are very small. Sorry, don't remember the brand- do remember it is plugged into 220 Europe outlet

This is a photo I took on the NA in October-hopefully it will help a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep, that's it. :D

I still can't quite make out the name though.

I've had them in two Neptunes now, and I never know how much coffee that I'm going to get, regardless of whether or not I'm pressing the 'large' button. The time i was finally able to get *almost* a full cup, it was not that bad. However, I much prefer the coffee from the machine in the Neptune Lounge. The room coffee is my emergency coffee. :cool:

Response to where is the "Culinary Arts Dining" area, post #24:

It's on Deck 2 between the Ocean Bar and MDR right across from The Blend wine making venue.

We enjoyed the CAC (Culinary Arts Center) very much. They rotate menus each week. If I remember correctly cost is $39.00pp before any mariner star discounts which includes unlimited wine (red or white).

The link below shows menus etc for the CAC:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Resp.action?requestPage=Innovations_Dining_CulinaryArtsCenter&showHeader=true&showFooter=true

Thank you very much for your reply. I knew there were cooking classes at the CAC on various ships, but didn't realize (since I've never been on the Konigsdam) that there was a dining area associated with it on that ship.

I've had them in two Neptunes now, and I never know how much coffee that I'm going to get, regardless of whether or not I'm pressing the 'large' button. The time i was finally able to get *almost* a full cup, it was not that bad. However, I much prefer the coffee from the machine in the Neptune Lounge. The room coffee is my emergency coffee. :cool:

I didn't recognize the machine brand. I'm guessing it isn't sold in the US. I never used the machine- love the NL coffee so I was happy.

When we wewe in deck 5 aft wrap the plug for the machine covered the light switch for the desk lamp so it stayed unplugged.

What is/where is the "Culinary Arts for Dinner"? Not familiar with that as a dining location...

As freestyling said, it's on deck 2 outside Blend and behind Sel de Mar. You can't miss it. And the cost is $20 per person for dinner and $19 per person for wine. Or you can order wine by the glass. We did the $19 unlimited wine on the first dinner since we the dinner was complimentary. There was a white and red organic wine from Washington. It was nice. But we had the Explore 4 package so we had the drink package. On our second visit we simply got a glass from the drink package. I don't drink a lot of wine so I had a cocktail and water. But it's a very nice dinner. They grow all their own microgreens that they use in a room in the Culinary Arts Restaurant. You can go look at them. The chefs are in full view and they have TV cameras set up so you can really see how each dish is prepared, and the chef explains each dish. The food was excellent. They do 2 different menus so that's why we went twice. They also did a Lobster menu on one night which looked delicious, but my wife doesn't eat seafood. Don't remember the cost of that one. But I highly recommend going. It's well worth the $20 upcharge.

We are in a Neptune Suite for our November cruise and just wondering if anyone knows what type of coffee maker is in the suite? I saw where someone on another thread said Nepresso.

Thanks

It's a Nespresso. The coffee pods are quite small. You can make an espresso size or a larger cup. I like Nespresso, have one at home. We had a choice of coffees left by the cabin steward. There were 6 pods per day, 2 were decaf. They also leave small pods of creamer. Word of caution, don't mistake the creamer for a coffeepod and run it through the Nespresso. Don't ask how I know that. 😂

I like coffee, and I love drinking a cup on my balcony in the morning. I simply asked the cabin steward for a extra pods. No problem.

It's a Nespresso. The coffee pods are quite small. You can make an espresso size or a larger cup. I like Nespresso, have one at home. We had a choice of coffees left by the cabin steward. There were 6 pods per day, 2 were decaf. They also leave small pods of creamer. Word of caution, don't mistake the creamer for a coffeepod and run it through the Nespresso. Don't ask how I know that. 😂

I like coffee, and I love drinking a cup on my balcony in the morning. I simply asked the cabin steward for a extra pods. No problem.

What ship were you on where you had a Nespresso brand of coffee maker? The one I've had twice now (Amsterdam and Zuiderdam) was the one shown in post #30 above. Just curious if they've got a mix of coffee machines?

What ship were you on where you had a Nespresso brand of coffee maker? The one I've had twice now (Amsterdam and Zuiderdam) was the one shown in post #30 above. Just curious if they've got a mix of coffee machines?

Same machine as the pic for us on the Westerdam & Rotterdam.

I think it was called something like mccaffe.

Glad it's been figured out now!!! My photo wasn't great but we never use the machine in our cabin but I seemed to remember I took a photo for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's the machine we had on the Koningsdam and NA. Wasn't bad but we did prefer the Neptune coffee as well.

Ditto :). I only used the machine once - NS did the trick for me.

Thank you all. My DW likes her coffee with a little International House Swiss Mocha mixed in, so we will likely follow the lead of others and enjoy the coffee that the NL has. Maybe we can take a caffe with us and take that back to the room. Enjoy the early morning view as the sun rises. I am all for relaxing and can't think of a better way to start the morning. :D

As freestyling said, it's on deck 2 outside Blend and behind Sel de Mar. You can't miss it. And the cost is $20 per person for dinner and $19 per person for wine...... The food was excellent. They do 2 different menus so that's why we went twice. They also did a Lobster menu on one night which looked delicious, but my wife doesn't eat seafood. Don't remember the cost of that one. But I highly recommend going. It's well worth the $20 upcharge.

Thanks for the detailed description...I will look for it if I'm ever on the Koningsdam.:)

We were on Koningsdam. Now that you mention it, it probably wasn't a Nespresso. I thought it was, and it works just like one, but seeing the picture, probably he same kind. Either way, I loved having it as I like stronger coffee and it's sure nice to get up, make a cup of coffee, wrap up in that nice Bathrobe, and sit on the balcony early in the morning watching the Waterfalls and scenery in the Fjords. 😎

• 9 months later...