Next Cruise reduced deposits gone after August 1st

Please...where are you seeing $200 for a balcony on a 7 day? I am seeing $75 for balcony or JS on 7 day (refundable.....which is all I care about.)

The way I am reading the chart it takes 10 or more nights NON-refundable to get $200 in a balcony/JS.

The $200 OBC for a 7-day balcony would be for a non-refundable deposit at least 6 months in advance of the cruise date. They add the additional $100 for the 6 months in advance booking.

Edited by Host Clarea

Hi Bob

That's just not a deal they have your deposit and you risk losing it.

A land based agent will have a much better deal 6 months before cruising.

Just don't get it.

Low deposit was the key with Next Cruise

This has gone

I agree, that's why we've not booked with Next Cruise since the non-refundable deposits have been implemented.

The $200 OBC for a 7-day balcony would be for a non-refundable deposit at least 6 months in advance of the cruise date. They add the additional $100 for the 6 months in advance booking.

Thank you....I did not read that part!

We usually book 18-24 months in advance but not willing to do the Non-refundable deposit.

Just feel there is no real benefit from booking on board now.

No more reduced deposits,no real point.

Take time and look at all deals and Cruise companies from home.

RCI have shot themselves in the foot.

Will change again soon, when sales rate drops

It was the $100 OBC on top of the balcony discount that made us book a few open bookings on board and the deposits weren't a problem to us.

They then reduced obc to $25 so a few years ago we stopped booking any type of bookings on board.

The extra $100 for the non-refundable deposit purchased 6 months prior is available to everyone whether you book on board or not so you cant really count that as a benefit of booking on board. Just saying....

The extra $100 for the non-refundable deposit purchased 6 months prior is available to everyone whether you book on board or not so you cant really count that as a benefit of booking on board. Just saying....

Thanks for the clarification, that's a significant point.

I have not seen that. Where is it, or is it just part of a fake temporary sale?

It was the $100 OBC on top of the balcony discount that made us book a few open bookings on board and the deposits weren't a problem to us.

They then reduced obc to $25 so a few years ago we stopped booking any type of bookings on board.

Yes, that's true, but we are posting about two different issues. All of my posts only apply to actual bookings, not open bookings.

Yes, that's true, but we are posting about two different issues. All of my posts only apply to actual bookings, not open bookings.

Being from England RC have never gave us the option of penalty free cancellation thats why we booked open bookings to apply when we knew what holiday dates we could get from work.We paid the relevant deposits on the ship.

I have not seen that. Where is it, or is it just part of a fake temporary sale?

I guess maybe I'm confused, the benefit for booking on board for 7 night balcony cruise is $100 obc or instant savings. That's it as far as I see, but like the rest of us if we book a non-refundable fare 6 months out, you are entitled to an addition $100 obc whether booked on board or not.

What is it you haven't seen? This has been in effect since August, or am I missing something.

So the only benefit is for booking on board is $100 OBC or instant saving, Right?

I guess maybe I'm confused, the benefit for booking on board for 7 night balcony cruise is $100 obc or instant savings. That's it as far as I see, but like the rest of us if we book a non-refundable fare 6 months out, you are entitled to an addition $100 obc whether booked on board or not.

What is it you haven't seen? This has been in effect since August, or am I missing something.

So the only benefit is for booking on board is $100 OBC or instant saving, Right?

I have not been able to verify your claim that it doesn't matter where you book for the extra > 6 months $100. Yes, NextCruise gives you $100 OBC for a 7-day balcony. I've done mock bookings online for Feb 2018 < 6, and Nov 2018 > 6, under the current sale both itineraries give you $100 OBC for NRD.

The NextCruise flyer specifically says 6 months. http://www.royalonboardsales.com/content/assets/2015/05/NextCruise_NovemberOffer_Flyer_LD.pdf

Online I can find no mention of an additional $100 for booking > 6 months.

Eventually, everyone will have to pay the larger deposit. Will it be 3-6-9-12-24 months out? I don't know what the answer is for you. I guess everyone has to weigh the downsides of waiting,

No last minute discounts and it seems the price rises for most cruises the closer to sailing. The cabin selection will be reduced? The upside is the GS won't be gone 5 minutes after the bookings open.

Sooner or later, people will return to NextCruise.

It makes a big difference to retirees. We usually book suites 2 years out. We currently have 20 booked. Using reduced deposits would be $200x20=$4000. Full suite deposits are $900x20=$18,000. We use those funds in wise investments and would net one or two more cruises. Fortunately, we reach Pinnacle next cruise and will get all the suite benefits except room size. All this came about because some idiot in marketing gave immediate OBC for future cruise bookings and people cancelled.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

... All this came about because some idiot in marketing gave immediate OBC for future cruise bookings and people cancelled. ...

Really? Had not heard that. Was this related to someone getting banned for a year too?

It makes a big difference to retirees. We usually book suites 2 years out. We currently have 20 booked. Using reduced deposits would be $200x20=$4000. Full suite deposits are $900x20=$18,000. We use those funds in wise investments and would net one or two more cruises. Fortunately, we reach Pinnacle next cruise and will get all the suite benefits except room size. All this came about because some idiot in marketing gave immediate OBC for future cruise bookings and people cancelled.

I think this and booking back up, place maker, place holder, spares, and a few more cruises one never had any intention of using.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think this and booking back up, place maker, place holder, spares, and a few more cruises one never had any intention of using.

We usually book 9-12 months in advance when we know our work holiday dates.

Because in England RC never let us have penalty free deposits when we want to book a suite most have been booked and what i learn on CC about people booking 20 suites etc this explains why we cannot book what we want.

I still don't understand how someone could scam the system. When that person cancelled and got the instant OBC wouldn't RCL just have kept their deposit?

That's correct, but I think the problem is somehow related to how the cruise line accounts for it.

This was discussed at length with RCCL staff aboard the Enchantment during the evacuation cruise. Even Bayley acknowledged it during the Q&A and stated he would look at it during the President's cruise. Guess he didn't.

But guess what? On Costa they have a cruise before the Symphony and we got equivalent to a GS, free drink package, and 500 Euro OBC for $2,800. I would like to see RCCL match that. I can't believe RCCL let a charter on Symphony prior to a TA. Another slap in the face to the loyalists that book 2 or 3 before a TA.

This was discussed at length with RCCL staff aboard the Enchantment during the evacuation cruise. Even Bayley acknowledged it during the Q&A and stated he would look at it during the President's cruise. Guess he didn't.

But guess what? On Costa they have a cruise before the Symphony and we got equivalent to a GS, free drink package, and 500 Euro OBC for $2,800. I would like to see RCCL match that. I can't believe RCCL let a charter on Symphony prior to a TA. Another slap in the face to the loyalists that book 2 or 3 before a TA.

It wasn’t even a question asked of MB on Presidents Cruise during on ship open discussion. During lunch one day with MB, the discussion centered on differences in healthcare between the UK and US.

I said I would discuss with MB the new program on NRD if someone would offer a solution But was never given one.

Until the penalty for booking backup and place marker cruises is high enough to stop this practice that generally takes the better cabins, deposits should be increased and non refundable.

People fail to realize that Royal is in the business to make money, especially for their shareholders and that should be their first priority and not to loyal or frequent cruisers.

Royal makes good money on full ship Charters.