Next Cruise reduced deposits gone after August 1st

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not but it looks like the Next Cruise program is changing again. Reduced deposits and instant obc will go away after August 1st. The only benefit I see is you can take the OBC as an OBC on the future cruise or take it as a reduction in your cruise fare. The OBC(or reduced fare) seems to be the same as before, example-balcony 7 day cruise =$100.

Very disappointed in the reduced deposits. [emoji21]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

It's on the T/A website. Sorry haven't been on in a little bit.

That's okay- It was just a rumor at that time. Can you post the flyer? . Thanks

Edited by molly361

Probably change it to a specialty restaurant, so maybe less salespeople and more dining staff.:halo::halo:

I also think it's funny that on FB RCL told me that this was NOT happening. I guess I should not be surprised

I'm thinking that they will be able to reduce the space needed for the Next Cruise area after August 1.

That's what I told the 2 cruise sales guys on the Majesty this past week.

I'm all booked through 3/29/2019.

I only had 2 spots left to book. Took the refundable option.

Bob,

I can't believe I was top cruiser on this last 4 nighter!!!! No Pinnacles!

The F&B held the Captain's Table. JD had family with him. He stopped by to let us know why he wasn't hosting.

Such a wonderful man.

But.....it was a blessing as the F&B is awesome.

Her name is Jennifer, and she is incredible. She made sure and came by the VCL on the last night. Seven out of the 9 of us from the captains table hung out on the last evening in the Viking crown lounge.

The meal and table mates were great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's what I told the 2 cruise sales guys on the Majesty this past week.

I'm all booked through 3/29/2019.

I only had 2 spots left to book. Took the refundable option.

Bob,

I can't believe I was top cruiser on this last 4 nighter!!!! No Pinnacles!

The F&B held the Captain's Table. JD had family with him. He stopped by to let us know why he wasn't hosting.

Such a wonderful man.

But.....it was a blessing as the F&B is awesome.

Her name is Jennifer, and she is incredible. She made sure and came by the VCL on the last night. Seven out of the 9 of us from the captains table hung out on the last evening in the Viking crown lounge.

The meal and table mates were great.

I don't think I've met Jennifer. Hopefully she will be around in a few weeks when it's our turn on MJ.:)

I'm thinking that they will be able to reduce the space needed for the Next Cruise area after August 1.
I agree, I could care less about the OBC, it was the $100 deposit that hooked me in. Really no point in booking on board unless you are really serious about when and where you are going. I'll be on the Celebrity Equinox here in a couple weeks so I'll see what they say about both lines. Looks like Celebrity is $100pp deposit. Still better than the $500 per cabin on Rccl

LOL!! I think you are right. :o;p

I would love to see them just go back to the oldie but goodie NCC. The ones that actually were worth something.

What about old NCCs? Surely, they will still honor the terms under which they were purchased ie: reduced deposit

If past is any predictor, they will honor them as they were sold. Similarly to when they lowered the obc amounts for the NCC. Any NCCs prior to the March 15th 2014 deadline kept the higher amounts.

I'm glad I still have a NCC remaining that I had been sitting on. I don't see any real incentive to book on board anymore after August 1st.

Probably change it to a specialty restaurant, so maybe less salespeople and more dining staff.:halo::halo:

At the rate they are going, there will be no more sales people. With this, less commercials:D advising Paxs to book on board, as there won't be anyone to take care of business.

I saw that coming - who is going to firmly book a NRD while on a cruise?

Just VERY few!

I would guess not enough to keep the NCC open in such a large space.....

Reduced deposit + free changes was the biggest selling point in all THEIR adds and flyers.

I am glad I horded 10 old NCC markers......will not use NCC after that!:rolleyes:

I am almost certain they will need to change the NCC again once they realize they factually killed the program!