Next Cruise reduced deposits gone after August 1st

Yes that is correct

Not a surprise. Do you know how much it would be?

A few years ago they significantly dropped the OBC for a open ended future cruise. The last one we had of that was $25 if I remember correctly. We haven't booked one since.

I believe it will take at least a year before RCCL will feel the full fallout of this new policy since a large majority of their loyal cruisers have already booked through mid 2019. I know, with my 31 cruises booked that would be over $15,000 tied up in cruise deposits. No more booking in advance for me! And I've never canceled a cruise I have booked.

Carla

I believe it will take at least a year before RCCL will feel the full fallout of this new policy since a large majority of their loyal cruisers have already booked through mid 2019. I know, with my 31 cruises booked that would be over $15,000 tied up in cruise deposits. No more booking in advance for me! And I've never canceled a cruise I have booked.

Carla

I agree, but they should notice a falloff in onboard deposits after Aug 1.

Well said. The whole reason for booking in advance for a well seasoned cruiser is to have an incentive to do so or an itinerary that sells out quickly.

If the incentive goes the cruise lines have to do deep discounts to sell the them . If capacity continues to grow but sales slip they have to discount.

Interesting to see the MSC model that is offering generous fares for early bookings on new state of the art ships.

Celebrity started to charge a premium fare and have now gone back to competitive pricing now the sales rate has slowed.

No doubt RCI will do the same.

Cannot see what the win is for RCI for stopping reduced deposits?

More committed cruisers and a full deposit from which to deduct change fees. Their accountants must think this will be in their advantage over any loss of bookings.

Biker, who thinks RCI will offer reduced deposits several times during their on going "sales".

Cannot see what the win is for RCI for stopping reduced deposits? Some deposit is better than no deposit ? Who runs the sales department? Are they from a sales background ?

No, IT background.:D

Well said. The whole reason for booking in advance for a well seasoned cruiser is to have an incentive to do so or an itinerary that sells out quickly.

If the incentive goes the cruise lines have to do deep discounts to sell the them . If capacity continues to grow but sales slip they have to discount.

Interesting to see the MSC model that is offering generous fares for early bookings on new state of the art ships.

Celebrity started to charge a premium fare and have now gone back to competitive pricing now the sales rate has slowed.

No doubt RCI will do the same.

I'm not sure what it bodes, but Celebrity is constantly having promo sales that includes free drink package, gratuities, etc. Never seen RCL offer that kind of promo.

For my family to tie up over 1500 dollars over a year and sometimes 18 months away is not beneficial. Guess I'll be waiting for last minute sales. Guess I'm glad I have two oasis sailings already under old umbrella

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not sure what it bodes, but Celebrity is constantly having promo sales that includes free drink package, gratuities, etc. Never seen RCL offer that kind of promo.

I think this is where RCL is headed to eventually. Be it selected ships, sailings, dates, and through their promos/sales.

I think this is where RCL is headed to eventually. Be it selected ships, sailings, dates, and through their promos/sales.

Free Deluxe Drinks Package and Bogo half price offered on RC in UK last year.

I got mine October 23rd 2016 for our June 2017 cruise on Freedom.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

OVERVIEW

Royal Caribbean offers you our best offer only when you book onboard via the NextCruise program. NextCruise offers incredible benefits such as up to $600 Onboard Credit or up to $600 in savings on you next cruise and NextCruise is combinable with most other Royal Caribbean promotions. These changes will be effective each ship’s new departure date on or after August 1, 2017. The program will be rolled out on all ships by mid August.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

1. What is the new NextCruise offer?

When you book your next cruise onboard, you can earn up to $500 dollars off OR up to $500 in onboard credit per stateroom on your next cruise. Onboard credit values are dependent upon the length of voyage and type of stateroom or suite.An additional savings of up to $100 per stateroom is available when you select the Non-Refundable deposit fare program 6 months in advance, giving you the opportunity to enjoy up to $600 in total savings. This savings can be used as an onboard credit or dollars off your next cruise — your choice!

20448995_10213369872178879_4787180793219837755_o.jpg?oh=7e520b86e5782523c3e46e3fde529990&oe=59EF3E3F

2. Will the NextCruise program continue to offer both Instant and Future OBC?

As of August 1, 2017, NextCruise will only offer the future onboard credit option due to the lack of popularity of the Instant Onboard Credit option. You will always enjoy your Onboard Credit on your future cruise vs your current cruise.

3. Will the NextCruise program offer Non-Refundable Deposit Fares onboard?

Yes, NextCruise offers you the choice to have either the Refundable or Non-Refundable Deposit Fare program while onboard. Both the Refundable and Non-Refundable fares are combinable with NextCruise Onboard Credit yet the OBC values differ depending on the rate you selecte.

4. What is the Onboard Credit value for the Refundable Fare option?

If you selects the refundable fare option while booking onboard, you are eligible for up to $150 per stateroom which is also dependent upon the length of voyage and type of stateroom. Interior, Oceanview, Balcony, Panoramic Oceanview Suite and Junior Suite staterooms are all included in the refundable fare option. Grand Suites and above are only eligible for the Non-Refundable Deposit Fare program, therefore Grand Suites and above are excluded from the Refundable Fare OBC grid.

20451603_10213369888499287_6349150240592355037_o.jpg?oh=af15763a135eb95f349a4a18e07f4abb&oe=5A32F191

5. What is the Onboard Credit value for the Non-Refundable Deposit Fare option?

When you select the Non-Refundable Deposit Fare option while booking onboard, you are eligible for up to $500 in Savings per stateroom. All categories of staterooms and suites are included in this option. This Savings can be applied to the guest’s booking as an OBC or Dollars Off your future voyage — your choice! Additionally, when booking 6+ months out, you are entitled to another up to $100 savings increasing your total incentive onboard up to $600 per stateroom.

6. If I want the new Dollars Off incentive, I must ask for the Non-Refundable Deposit Fare option?

Correct, you can only have the Savings off the price of your cruise when you select the Non-Refundable Deposit Fare option. The Dollars off option is not available for Refundable fares

7. What other benefits can I enjoy while booking onboard?

When you select the Non-Refundable deposit fare program to be eligible for the up to $600 per stateroom savings, you are also entitled to a 30 day penalty free grace period. The Royal Caribbean Non-Refundable deposit fare program includes a $100 per person change fee each time you change your original ship and sail date. Onboard, you have 30 days from creation date to make unlimited changes without incurring this penalty. The deposit remains Non-Refundable and the change fee will not be incurred for the first month after you book onboard. This flexibility enables you to return home, communicate with family and friends and firm up their plans for next year.

8. Are NextCruise bookings still eligible for reduced deposits?

NextCruise will no longer offer reduced deposits for onboard bookings. The deposit required onboard will be equivalent to same value as a shoreside deposit which ranges between $100 – $450 per person depending on length of cruise.

1 to 5 Nights - $100 per person

6 to 9 Nights - $250 per person

10 nights of more - $450 per person

9. Are NextCruise bookings combinable with most other Royal Caribbean promotions?

Yes, NextCruise bookings remain combinable with our shoreside offers making NextCruise Royal Caribbean’s best offer.

10. What are the additional benefits of booking onboard?

You will be eligible to enjoy a discount of up to 10% off your future shore excursions when you pre-plan them onboard for their NextCruise. You can make up to 3 bookings per person for friends or family who may not be sailing with you and you can also handpick their stateroom or suite from our full selection of inventory onboard. NextCruise also remains combinable with Crown and Anchor exclusive savings making our NextCruise program, Royal Caribbeans best offer!

11. When does the new NextCruise program launch onboard?

You will be eligible for the up to $600 in NextCruise savings effective August 1, 2017.

12. Do Travel Professionals still receive full credit for all NextCruise bookings?

Absolutely!

13. Can the guest switch to a refundable fare booking during the 30 Day Grace Period?

Yes, guests can change their booking from non refundable to refundable however the deposit remains non-refundable. The 30 day grace period only shields the guest from the $100 per person change fee therefore a guest can make unlimited changes to their ship and sail date without penalty for 1 month. Deposit remains non refundale.

14. Will the Dollars Off option be available on non refundable fare bookings that are inside final payment date?

Yes, whether the non refundable booking is 6+ months out or within final payment, the Dollars Off program will always be available.

15. If a guest originally selects the Dollars Off option, do they retain that benefit if they make changes to their booking including a new ship or sail date or repricing the booking?

Yes, if the non refundable option was originally selected and changes are later made, the Dollars Off will always be available regardless of change.

16. Is a guest required to pay the full deposit when converting an Open Booking or Refundable booking to a Non-Refundable Booking?

Yes, anytime an existing booking is changed from an open booking or reduced deposit refundable booking to a non-refundable booking, full deposit needs to be collected.

Basically, no more reduced deposits, no more instant on board credit. Now you have a choice of dollars off or on board credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But, isn't the $250 for a 7+ nights reduced. The usual deposit is $500 per. Unless the $250 is for an inside cabin.