Breakfast before disembarking??

trini_ras

;p We get up a bit early and follow our morning coffee with a lite breakfast and are one of the first off the ship. no worries you don't have to leave as soon as your number is called.

;p no worries you don't have to leave as soon as your number is called.

Great got FTTF, and I dont mind being first on board but I don't want to be forced off the ship with nothing to do while I wait for the car rental agency to open :)

We almost always have a sit down breakfast in the MDR prior to leaving the ship. As others have said, you do not have to be off the ship as soon as your number is called. I do believe you have to be out of your cabin by 8 AM though, so you will be carrying any luggage you have with you wherever you go.

We generally stay an extra night, so we also are last off the ship. The MDR closes at 9, so we never made it that early. They start the final calls around 10. When we got off our bags were the only ones in station 3, not hard to find.

There is an unpublished feature of the Long Beach port. Near the bow of the ship in a parking lot is a catering truck that serves delicious Indonesian, Philippine, and Indian specialties. It is intended for the crew, but after the walk to shore I usually get a tasty breakfast not available on board.

Favorite last day breakfast is to get up early, grab an omelette at 6:30 and watch the ship dock. Then go back to the cabin, grab our luggage, head to MDR and walk off.

In FLL We we're off at 7:30 in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I never thought of going to MDR for breakfast on the last day. Somehow, we always get caught up in the high-stress jostling of getting off the ship.

Next cruise, we'll eat there and take our time....and try not to be so anxious.

we leave the room when the letter says we have to usually 8:30 - 9am. then we go to the buffet and have some breakfast and chat/say good byes to friends. We leave with the announcement for last call usually about 10am. This has been the case in Long Beach, Miami and New Orleans for us.

We like to get up early and watch the ship come into port from our balcony, Then, we head to the MDR around 6:45am and have a nice leisurely last breakfast. Then, we go back to the cabin, brush our teeth, use the bathroom and check to see that the safe,drawers and closets are empty. Then around 8:00 am we head to the assigned waiting area We do not drag our carry on bags to breakfast as we see so many people doing. We scope out the route to our assigned waiting spot the day before to avoid all the people dragging everything off by themselves.

Our routine has resulted in a very easy, relaxed debarkation every time. We also make sure to get a porter inside the terminal. He takes the hand luggage immediately, while we find the checked bags. We have found, especially in Galveston, that a porter and a passport gets you through Immigration and Customs very quickly. Usually, from the time we leave the ship we are in our car in about 20 minutes or so and home an hour later.

We have found, especially in Galveston, that a porter and a passport gets you through Immigration and Customs very quickly. Usually, from the time we leave the ship we are in our car in about 20 minutes or so and home an hour later.

We self assist, have left Galveston, drove home within an hour and made 9 am mass!