Tipping

FluffyFiFi

No I have no evidence at all. Spoil the forum??? I'm not on here to win friends and influence people. I just want to voice my opinion. This isn't a P&O fan club is it?:rolleyes:

No evidence !.... just as I thought but you are still prepared to make a ridiculous comment and think that's acceptable. Your comment on a P&O Fan Club is completely lost on me.

Quite honestly it's P&O who make me angry. They tell people the tips are discretionary. If so WHY have auto-tipping? If they are discretionary then they should not take payment out of anyone's account. They should go back to tipping the old way. If the staff rely on the tips to boost their wages then, no-one should be allowed to remove them. In effect what they are doing now is allowing those of us who feel an obligation to tip subsidise those who for whatever flimsy reason remove tips. As far as I'm concerned there is no other way to look at this. I hope someone from P&O is reading this and actually takes notice of the acrimony it causes.

I'm afraid the people who say they are not bothered about who does or who doesn't pay gratuities I suspect don't pay them.

This is just not a P&O situation. The problem is that two companies control 90% of the world cruise traffic. However much we pontificate, the situation will not change unless it is of financial benefit to them.

This thread is frankly ridiculous. You are arguing about who is right paying tips or not for a bog standard widely marketed AI holiday.. Non of this matters to someone who is worked on less than minimum wage. They would rather better standard pay and more importantly better conditions. Not the crumbs from its customers.

Independent privately hired yachts are where tips are important. They are an indication of the personalised service you receive,

Mass marketed ships, not so much. Just pay your back workers a decent rate and let frontline staff -people who make a difference to your customers - get tips if warranted.

This thread is frankly ridiculous. You are arguing about who is right paying tips or not for a bog standard widely marketed AI holiday.. Non of this matters to someone who is worked on less than minimum wage. They would rather better standard pay and more importantly better conditions. Not the crumbs from its customers.

Independent privately hired yachts are where tips are important. They are an indication of the personalised service you receive,

Mass marketed ships, not so much. Just pay your back workers a decent rate and let frontline staff -people who make a difference to your customers - get tips if warranted.

No idea what you are saying. Breathe, and try again.

No not a troll,I just don't agree with the "tipping police''who insist their way is the right way.I am honest enough to admit to doing what a lot of people do,anyway back to the OP,it really is your choice,don't let people bully you.

Lots of people feel this way and don't tip - on forums outside of Cruise Critic when this is discussed it is freely disclosed.

This is why everyone should just do what they think is right for them. No amount of discussion will change anything, it's just a fruitless topic where everyone gets wound up for no point.

My heart sinks when I read the words "Sorry for starting a tipping thread" and I wish I had a delete button!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No not a troll,I just don't agree with the "tipping police''who insist their way is the right way.I am honest enough to admit to doing what a lot of people do,anyway back to the OP,it really is your choice,don't let people bully you.

I bet your girlfriend or wife are really proud of you !! Lol

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I find the concept of up front auto gratuities incredulous. The whole and true cost of crews wages should be incorporated into the fare. Absolutely no reason for this blanket gratuity nonsense. I've always removed auto gratuities and will continue to do so. In fact I've done so this afternoon whilst on Oceana. I'm comfortable with cash tipping and always do so on the last night/morning as I see fit. Cash has certainly never been frowned upon by the deserving stewards/speciality restaurant teams...

I bet your girlfriend or wife are really proud of you !! Lol

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Have you thought perhaps his wife/girlfriend is in agreement with his actions which is their rights and nothing to do with you or anyone else as tipping is a personal action and especially not to be determined by you or anyone else or cruise companies to save them money on staff wages and boost their profits even more.