Oasis Headed Back To PC.

Oasis is headed back to PC does anyone know anything? I read on a RC Facebook group that' it's a medical emergency. Praying for whatever is going on..

Agree...

Approaching Port Canaveral in the next 30 minutes or so - they can leave again and pretty much make up the time overnight to Labadee...

I agree we had to turn around in 2010 and go back to PC because of a medical emergency and made it to the next port on time.. Looks like the pilot boat has made it to the Oasis so should not be long..

Agree...

Approaching Port Canaveral in the next 30 minutes or so - they can leave again and pretty much make up the time overnight to Labadee...

I'll never for the life of me understand why people think the details of someone else's emergency is their business. We just headed back out. Hope the person was okay.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I read threads like these with the hope that maybe I can learn something from them. While I will agree with you that the details of someone's medical emergency is not my business, there is still the possibility that something can be learned from the info that is shared and therefore reduces the possibility of it happening again. Whether it is a medical emergency, an accident that resulted in an injury, or anything else. Sharing information and knowledge is a good thing. In fact, when something bad happens the person/people that it happened to will want to share their experiences in an effort to warn others and prevent it from happening again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll never for the life of me understand why people think the details of someone else's emergency is their business. We just headed back out. Hope the person was okay.

I'll never understand why people think they have to comment on everything they don't understand, they should just move on.

And they have to let the world know it

I agree that it is no ones business relating to health of the individual but to post about a ship's deviation isn't the end of the world. It has happened to us twice out of PE and the one time I was in bed and didn't know we were in back in port until someone asked on my live review. That was the first time that I had two sailaways in one day. Obviously we wished the best for their health but there isn't much more than that you can do.

I agree that it is no ones business relating to health of the individual but to post about a ship's deviation isn't the end of the world. It has happened to us twice out of PE and the one time I was in bed and didn't know we were in back in port until someone asked on my live review. That was the first time that I had two sailaways in one day. Obviously we wished the best for their health but there isn't much more than that you can do.

There is nothing wrong with questioning the reason for a deviation in a ships travels. I would want to know if it was for a mechanical issue certainly. Usually it's for a medical reason, but the OP just had heard it was from some other source. Whether that source is accurate or not is a different story, and I'd want confirmation. Now asking whether the reason was for a medical emergency, and details of the medical issue are different things. No reason to know the details.

There is nothing wrong with questioning the reason for a deviation in a ships travels. I would want to know if it was for a mechanical issue certainly. Usually it's for a medical reason, but the OP just had heard it was from some other source. Whether that source is accurate or not is a different story, and I'd want confirmation. Now asking whether the reason was for a medical emergency, and details of the medical issue are different things. No reason to know the details.

I agree with you.:)

Questioning the reason is fine but once it's stated as "medical emergency", it's done. You no longer have to be concerned about mechanical issues, terrorism, weather, etc. The captain does his job by giving everyone enough detail to squelch any fears. It's the people that keep asking what happened to the person that are nosy and inappropriate.

Anyway, gorgeous day on the seas. We seem to be going a bit faster than typical. But it's very calm and lovely out.

For all those critical of the OP, you are aware that it is not mandatory to click on each thread?

Some sure seem to think its mandatory. And to comment on each thread. Got to get that all-important post count up. ;)

I agree that the details of the emergency are no one's business, but bringing up that necessary deviations occur is a good reminder for experienced cruisers and good info for new cruisers who may not think about that.

And I'll never understand how some people do not get that the cruising community here cares about other cruisers and maybe just maybe believe in the power of prayer.

Some post nasty comments just for affirmation of their unimportant opinions. They want others to approve of their bad manners as justification of same....beats me:rolleyes:

Compassion seems to be a very absent virtue these days.........

And I'll never understand how some people do not get that the cruising community here cares about other cruisers and maybe just maybe believe in the power of prayer.

Some post nasty comments just for affirmation of their unimportant opinions. They want others to approve of their bad manners as justification of same....beats me:rolleyes:

Compassion seems to be a very absent virtue these days.........

Wish there was a 'like' button on here , for this post.

I guess I missed the post where the OP or any other poster was asking for a detailed medical history, a complete medical report, incident report, social security number, and credit card number of the passenger in question. Nobody was diving into personal information. There was an observation of a ship heading back to port, which could be for any number of things from a mechanical failure to medical emergency, and the question was asked. Once it was confirmed it was a medical emergency, nobody asked for more information, seemed everybody was offering well wishes to the passenger in question.

Life is short. Have a happy Monday people :)

, you are aware that it is not mandatory to click on each thread?

I may add this to my signature. I did have something about unsolicited volunteer moderators (not the authorized ones)