Noticed this is the most popular activity upon embarkation?

ashoor

My mom LOVES the Lido. She lives alone and tires of preparing food for herself. She often messages me that "I'm just wishing I could go to the buffet and fill a plate"!

Fortunately my Sis ("home cooking") and SIL (gourmet chef) look after her caloric needs a few times a week. And she has another cruise on the calendar, now -- the first in my signature.

So does anyone know if the MDR is open during embarkation? I will be on the Alllure of the Seas starting August 27

The MDR is not open for lunch on embarkation day. Only sea days for lunch in the MDR.

Wow, there are chair hogs, door decorators, wife-beater-wearing MDR diners, lanyard families, loud walkie-talkie guy, etc, and now...

buffet snobs? It's like the Walmart of cruise ship eateries where some people wouldn't be caught dead there. Does this apply to the Colonnade as well as the Horizon Court or Windjammer?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Just because I prefer a quieter, less crowded place to have my first lunch on the ship, I am now a "buffet snob"? Figures there would be at least one disrespectful person posting insults on here. There always seems to be at least one per thread on these boards, and now this thread has one. :rolleyes:

Not always true; it depends on the cruise line. ...In my experience, NCL & Disney both have MDR lunch on embarkation day. :)

That is true, but the reply you quote was in direct response to someone who said they are going on RCI's Allure of the Seas. :)

So does anyone know if the MDR is open during embarkation? I will be on the Alllure of the Seas starting August 27

We are going on our first Allure cruise (6th overall) on August 20. From my research, it looks like Windjammer, Park Cafe and Cafe Promenade should be open. Also, mixed results trying to determine if Wipeout Cafe and/or Doghouse are open. Plenty of places to go that aren't the Windjammer, though.