Passport renewal... that was fast!

beachbum6264

Glad you got a good turnaround, certainly in time for your cruise. One of our family members experienced similar quick turnaround recently (including a name change no less), obviously far less than what the State Department advertises for non-expedited service.

Good news for me! Hopefully it goes similarly when I renew mine in September, as I get back from the Divina on September 2nd, and I go to Panama on a land trip on November 22, so I will need to send it out as early as possible in order to get a new one in time for Panama.

I am not excited about having to part with the stamps I've collected thus far :loudcry:

We applied by mail for renewals about three weeks ago. My wife got hers back in exactly one week! I got mine in two weeks. We did not go the expedited route, but paid the regular rate. The weird thing is how the pics turned out. I took both pics with the same camera in identical lighting. I was careful, since they insist on accurate skin color. My wife's pic still looks fine, but in mine I look like I fell asleep in a tanning bed for a few hours. My face is bright red/magenta. Hmmm... So much for accurate skin color.

Mine was returned fast from Philadelphia, but only after a federal employee stole my social security no. and used it to file an early tax return. It took a Congressman to step in. Finally got my refund + interest 9 months later. I'm sure the inept IRS paid the refund twice--once to the thief and then to me.

They will return your old passport eventually. It will have holes punched in it, but your stamps will still be there.

I know, I've renewed before, but it's a good feeling to look at them every time I fly out of the country. I'll just have to collect some more! :halo:

We moved recently, misplaced expired passport, anyone know what hoops I will have to jump through to get new one?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here's a link to the State Dept's web page for instructions on how to report and replace a lost/stolen passport:

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/lost-stolen.html

I know, I've renewed before, but it's a good feeling to look at them every time I fly out of the country. I'll just have to collect some more! :halo:
Oh! I misunderstood your post. I thought you were sad because you thought they were gone for good. Instead, you are sad because your new passport won't have the stamps. I understand now.

We sent our passport renewal forms off on July 27. They arrived in TX on the 29th. I was shocked to find our new passports in our mailbox today, 2 weeks later. Not expedited, just regular renewals.

Now if the next 74 days will just go as fast.

My renewal took 2 weeks and 1 day!!