Club Continent Suites

English Tim

There is a page on the site that talks about two red and two white,

But it says

Our current boutique wine list features a regularly changing selection of one red and one white wine by the glass each day throughout your voyage.

What am I not seeing that you see?

Tony

But it says

Our current boutique wine list features a regularly changing selection of one red and one white wine by the glass each day throughout your voyage.

Tony

If you check the link posted by grandma under complementary beverages you will see it listed has 2 red and 2 white daily.

Is there any way we, the forum users, can get Azamara to update the beverage package information on their website for the Journey.

At the moment it is showing one bottle of red and one of white - no rose or sparkling - on offer without a package.

When I click on My Azamara I am offered a Premium Package for 15.95 USD per person per day but with still no variations to the wine. More spirits but the same boring one red and one white wine.

For 21.95 pp pd I get the wine choices that others in this forum say are part of the basic (no extras) offer. That is 658.50 for the two of us on a 15 day cruise.

I am not denying that the posters around here are wrong but I'd love to see it on Azmara's web site.

Does this Bonnie who people talk to around here have any sway?

Tony

Hi Tony,

I have a bit of sway, but more importantly I have the ear of the right people.

I'll let them know the Boutique Wines drop down page needs updating to reflect two reds, two white wines every day. Thanks for pointing this out for us.

Hi Tony,

I'll let them know the Boutique Wines drop down page needs updating to reflect two reds, two white wines every day. Thanks for pointing this out for us.

After two reds, two whites and a rose -- I have a bit of sway too! Especially if the seas are at all rough ;p

Thanks Bonnie and Jazz,

Can we clarify whether a sparking is in the basic allocation whilst the correction is being made, please?

There are posters on this forum telling me it is.

Many thanks and looking forward to swaying through Christmas in the warmth. 38F here as I write and snowflakes seen yesterday in London.

Tony

But it says

Tony

Here is the quote from the page “Our inclusive amenities feature select standard spirits, international beers, and a changing selection of two red and two white wines by the glass each day throughout your voyage. “ The link is https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/booked-guests/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Bonnie and Jazz,

Can we clarify whether a sparking is in the basic allocation whilst the correction is being made, please?

Many thanks and looking forward to swaying through Christmas in the warmth. 38F here as I write and snowflakes seen yesterday in London.

Tony

Yes, sparkling wine & rose wine are in the included drinks. We have just completed a cruise on Journey (Athens to Dubai 28 October to November 14) and my husband had sparkling wine at lunch-time every day, we had choices of two different white and two different reds every day, the same dry rose was offered every day. We also had included sparkling water and altho’ we didn’t have it on this cruise, last year I had included zero beer.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks Bonnie and Jazz,

Tony

Sparkling has been offered since 2016 I think the 2+2 plus rose was even earlier, you certainly aren’t going to get into an argument on board about that inclusion. The bar staff will offer upsell packages Day One, but Phil’s advice was spot on - there’s no need to buy then then, wait and do the maths and develop your own “pattern”. We have had a package for DH before - you don’t both need to buy one if your only going to need one premium drink- to be honest, over the whole cruise for us it would have been better value buying the extras as we went.

Well, if the website does get updated that will be great given it’s been highlighted here many times and nothing done about it.

Hi Tony,

WIth great respect Bonnie, many here have talked about website issues before and nothing seems to get done. It’s not just the included wines. There are a lot of errors. UK pricing has been my main issue in the past. It’s ok at the moment I think, but still goes awry from time to time.

Phil

Thanks folk.

On the basis of those recent posts it makes the Premium Beverage Package of 478 USD for a fifteen day trip sound a lot to pay for not a lot more choice.

I'd been looking at those Experience More packages and they really only make sense if you feel the Premium Beverage one is value for money. I wonder who buys them?

Tony

Phil,

You were writing at the same time as I was....

We are late (and new) bookers on to Azamara due to having to abandon a Caribbean trip that became unworkable because of the hurricane damage. We opted for Azamara totally on the recommendation of our TA.

I have not seen an Azamara brochure and maybe there is more info in it - but if I had to rely on the website I'd be pretty confused and, it seems, often misinformed.

I reckon I now know as much as I need to about liquor. It is jolly difficult to puzzle out how the various dining rooms differ and which do speciality evenings and when. I realise that Azamara will not want to be specific as to certain events such as, say, an Indian evening, but it would be a help to know a bit more about which rooms do what.

Finally we'll need to book some trips. I found the 70 page 'catalogue' to print out and we have made a selection. With Seabourn and Silver Seas they differ (and I can't remember which is which) in that with one they take their money the instant you book and the other takes its money the day you disembark - quite a difference.

I know all this is 'old hat' to repeat Azamara cruisers - but for a newbie it is all a bit of a muddle if the website is out of date.

Tony

Thanks folk.

On the basis of those recent posts it makes the Premium Beverage Package of 478 USD for a fifteen day trip sound a lot to pay for not a lot more choice.

I'd been looking at those Experience More packages and they really only make sense if you feel the Premium Beverage one is value for money. I wonder who buys them?

Tony

Often these Experience packages are bought by travel agents in the US and given to guests as perks (sadly not something we get in the UK). Sometimes they’re used by Azamara as booking promotions.

The other time guests use them is the buy them onboard - their dollar price is better value just now than the UK conversion which is still running at 1.21 I think. Onboard, I have cashed in $599 OBC for the lower value package and on that trip, felt I got good value because I wanted all the elements of the package. That’s another option you have buy the Experience package onboard.

Thanks folk.

Tony

The answer to that Tony is ....hardly anyone!

One of the great things about Azamara is it's alcohol policy. You can bring a couple of bottles of special wine (or beer and spirits) onboard with you at embarkation or at any point during your cruise. If you are in a suite then you have an included bar set up of four bottles of whiskey, vodka, rum and gin in your cabin.

Yes, as others have stated you get a choice of the included two reds, two whites, a rose and a sparkling plus of course, the included cocktail list. Many other drinks that are usually "pay for" can be tweaked slightly by the bartender to become "free". Lemon Drop Martini's and Cosmo's Spring to mind there. If you particularly enjoyed a wine from two days before for example, then the excellent bar staff will do their best to get you it, even if it's not on that day's list. They really are incredibly helpful.

If you fancy a glass of Champagne or a malt whisky then just do what most people do and pay for it at the time. The prices are very reasonable and the mixers are free.

Generic Sparkling water and all soda's, including those in your cabin fridge, are also free. However Perrier you have to pay for. Also don't ever pay for a tea, coffee or hot chocolate. They do "pay for" Nespresso in Mosaic cafe but the included latte, cappuccino, mocha's etc are much better. You can even have an Irish coffee for free as long as the whiskey is from the included beverage list.

On Azamara there are many opportunities to have a bit of a hangover the next day! 😄

Phil,

I reckon I now know as much as I need to about liquor. It is jolly difficult to puzzle out how the various dining rooms differ and which do speciality evenings and when. I realise that Azamara will not want to be specific as to certain events such as, say, an Indian evening, but it would be a help to know a bit more about which rooms do what.

Tony

Tony,

The staff manning the speciality restaurant booking tables when you board will have information on what is planned in the way of themed evenings for the cruise. In Windows there will probably be Indian, Greek, Italian and seafood buffet evenings and maybe something themed around the countries visited on the cruise. They will also know when White Night is planned, there’s also usually a change to dining arrangements on the night of the Azamazing evening.

Obviously sometimes changes have to be made to the plans but it’s never been a problem to implement any changes we have wanted to make.

Thanks folk.

Tony

I may have bought the Premium Package or it may have been the then Ultimate Package a few years ago, but not for a long time. For me there's no point as I'm a vodka drinker and the included Finlandia whilst not the best it fine for me. I think I'd be more inclined to buy a package if it included wines by the glass up to a certain amount with any difference only being charged if applicable. At the moment wine is only included in a separate wine by the bottle package. Whilst Celebrity for example doesn't have included alcohol, the packages and choice is far superior. A cruise on Windstar in the summer made me realise the shortcomings of the daily pours on Azamara too, but I'm not a wine snob. I just know what I like! And I could upgrade my choice of vodka too.

Phil

Thanks Phil,

I am not a wine snob either.

My method of rating is the ratio between quantity consumed and magnitude of headache.

We like the novelty of cocktails before dinner as we rarely make them at home - but, at our level of knowhow, the brand of gin/vodka/rum makes zero difference to our tastebuds.

Tony

Our first Azamara cruise was before included drinks so we opted for the Ultimate package and got great value for money. This included my favourites Cosmos & Baileys - oooh they were fabulous. When we did a cruise with the more included drinks I decided to upgrade to the package that included Cosmos & Baileys and ended up only having about 3 or 4 of said drinks!! It would've been so cheaper just to pay as I went!! Lessons learnt! Unless you really need high end liquor, the range of drinks is really very good IMHO

Hope you have a most wonderful holiday cruise :)

As far as the restaurants are concerned, I’ll try to do a description - others please chime in if I miss anything out or get anything wrong.

Windows Buffet - offers buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. Dinner is done to a theme - seafood, Asian, Indian, Greek, Mexican etc.

Discoveries Restaurant - anytime dining restaurant. Offers served breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast and dinner every day, lunch on sea days. Menu changes every day (but has some standard items every day such as Escargots, Prawn Cocktail, Caesar Salad, Steak, Creme Brûlée). Tables for 2,4,6,8 & 10. You can opt to sit by yourselves or ask to share with others.

The Patio - outdoor grill. Open at lunchtime and dinner, with different menus, lunch more ‘snacky’. If you eat at the Patio you can also nip into Windows buffet to supplement the menu - for example to get a salad or a dessert.

Prime C & Aqualina - speciality restaurants. Open for dinner every day. Menus don’t change except for the daily chef’s special. Prime C is a steak house, menu includes chateaubriand, fillet steak etc. Aqualina’s menu is described as being Italian-influenced e.g. Dover sole, seafood pasta etc. Free to those in suites, $30 pp otherwise (although packages available e.g. 3 meals for $70)

Rijstafel - may be offered several times on a cruise. Asian dishes, served in a section of Windows, has to be booked. $25

Chef’s Table - offered several times each with 3 different menus (France, Italy, California). Five courses, paired with wines & hosted by a senior officer or guest speaker - $95pp.

In-room dining - good menu for room-service, and you can also ask for items on Discoveries menu during Discoveries opening time.

Living Room - tea, coffee, finger sandwiches & cakes during the day, tapas from 4-6pm.

Mosaic - coffee, tea & different types of snacks all day.

In addition, there is a White Night once on each cruise. This is an on-deck party with a special buffet served on deck - usually includes Crepes Suzettes. You can find out which night it’s on when you get onboard - it’s usually on a night when the ship leaves port at 10pm or later.

There may also be a brunch offered one morning/ lunch-time. This will be in Discoveries.

Hope this is helpful.

As far as the restaurants are concerned, I’ll try to do a description - others please chime in if I miss anything out or get anything wrong.

Windows Buffet - offers buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. Dinner is done to a theme - seafood, Asian, Indian, Greek, Mexican etc.

Discoveries Restaurant - anytime dining restaurant. Offers served breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast and dinner every day, lunch on sea days. Menu changes every day (but has some standard items every day such as Escargots, Prawn Cocktail, Caesar Salad, Steak, Creme Brûlée). Tables for 2,4,6,8 & 10. You can opt to sit by yourselves or ask to share with others.

The Patio - outdoor grill. Open at lunchtime and dinner, with different menus, lunch more ‘snacky’. If you eat at the Patio you can also nip into Windows buffet to supplement the menu - for example to get a salad or a dessert.

Prime C & Aqualina - speciality restaurants. Open for dinner every day. Menus don’t change except for the daily chef’s special. Prime C is a steak house, menu includes chateaubriand, fillet steak etc. Aqualina’s menu is described as being Italian-influenced e.g. Dover sole, seafood pasta etc. Free to those in suites, $30 pp otherwise (although packages available e.g. 3 meals for $70)

Rijstafel - may be offered several times on a cruise. Asian dishes, served in a section of Windows, has to be booked. $25

Chef’s Table - offered several times each with 3 different menus (France, Italy, California). Five courses, paired with wines & hosted by a senior officer or guest speaker - $95pp.

In-room dining - good menu for room-service, and you can also ask for items on Discoveries menu during Discoveries opening time.

Living Room - tea, coffee, finger sandwiches & cakes during the day, tapas from 4-6pm.

Mosaic - coffee, tea & different types of snacks all day.

In addition, there is a White Night once on each cruise. This is an on-deck party with a special buffet served on deck - usually includes Crepes Suzettes. You can find out which night it’s on when you get onboard - it’s usually on a night when the ship leaves port at 10pm or later.

There may also be a brunch offered one morning/ lunch-time. This will be in Discoveries.

Hope this is helpful.

Thank you very very much for this. Great intel. This helps people like me going on our first Azamara cruise. I am sure on the daily whatever they call it they will show times of when each is open correct?

Thank you again

Kathy

Thank you very very much for this. Great intel. This helps people like me going on our first Azamara cruise. I am sure on the daily whatever they call it they will show times of when each is open correct?

Thank you again

Kathy

Yes, Kathy, they will. I’m pleased you find my posts helpful!

Thanks Host Grandma,

That list is just what I was planning to ask for today - now I have my drinking plan categorised.

On a nearby Cuban thread someone makes the point that one/they have to get the Windows specialities reserved as early as possible on boarding day. They left it until 2.30 and some of the times left on offer were pretty unsociable. I guess that suggests that restaurant is quite small in comparison with the capacity of the ship. We'd want to book for each of the specialities you mention as they all appeal to us.

Tony

I think the problem was that was a relatively short cruise with a 15 night cruise it will be a different experience but yes still have some ideas of what nights you might like. Keep an eye out sometimes there is a table for bookings in the terminal or on Deck 5 often near the casino.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums