2 Dinners

My question of the day is this we had anytime dining the last cruise we were on and we had a great time with the window opportunity of when we actually had our dining pleasure if we offer Charlie had gone it's a 6 and my husband was hungry again around say 9 could he have gone back for a second dinner if it was in our window of dining pleasure please advise just curious?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I don't mean to be rude, but this is very difficult to understand.

Are you asking whether you can eat twice at the dining room within the My Time Dining window?

I'm not sure of you can do that. But if your husband was still hungry you can definitely go to the windjammer buffet. So that's an option for you.

You can't go to the DINING room for 2 seatings, but you can certainly go to the buffet, if it's still open, or order room service. You can totally eat yourself silly!

How would they know? Just curious. I would never do it just because it wouldn't be good for me!!! ;p

How would they know? Just curious. I would never do it just because it wouldn't be good for me!!! ;p

The hostess puts the cabin number into the computer and prints out a ticket for the waiter. At least that has been our experience, both in the main dining room and Coastal Kitchen.

Original question was not easy to understand. If you go to the MDR for dinner, and eat a full, complete dinner, I can't imagine wanting to eat again.

Many people don't order appetizers, soup, salad, entrée and dessert; not to mention the rolls. Perhaps your husband needs to order more! Also, staff are always willing to bring extras of everything. I am wondering if he is understanding all the options available on the menu and ordering a each course.

Original question was not easy to understand. If you go to the MDR for dinner, and eat a full, complete dinner, I can't imagine wanting to eat again.

Many people don't order appetizers, soup, salad, entrée and dessert; not to mention the rolls. Perhaps your husband needs to order more! Also, staff are always willing to bring extras of everything. I am wondering if he is understanding all the options available on the menu and ordering a each course.

But regardless of personal opinion about wanting or needing to eat again, is it prohibited? I can't logically think of any reason it would be. If you can order 2 appetizers, 2 entrees and 2 desserts at one seating, why can't you order 1 of each at 2 separate seatings?

But regardless of personal opinion about wanting or needing to eat again, is it prohibited? I can't logically think of any reason it would be. If you can order 2 appetizers, 2 entrees and 2 desserts at one seating, why can't you order 1 of each at 2 separate seatings?

I would assume it's because, if they allowed this, people who had already eaten dinner once might be taking up the space from people who hadn't yet had a chance to have dinner.

It would be/should be because the hostess records your cabin number when you go in, so they know you would have already had dinner. Secondly, what about the others who haven't had dinner yet? My answer to being hungry later would be to eat something early in the evening at another venue, ie Windjammer or some cafe and then go to dinner later.

By the way, I don't do what I suggested as I only eat dinner and nothing later, but for the OP this might work.

[/color]

I would assume it's because, if they allowed this, people who had already eaten dinner once might be taking up the space from people who hadn't yet had a chance to have dinner.

I don't buy this. If there are open tables (i.e. not secured by a reservation), there's no way to know if/when they'll be filled.

I don't buy this. If there are open tables (i.e. not secured by a reservation), there's no way to know if/when they'll be filled.

But the opportunity for someone who has yet to have dinner should be available IF they want it. The opportunity might not be there if someone who has already been seated and served once decides they'd like another seating. Yes, the tables might be empty, but they should remain that way, in wait for those who have yet to dine.

It would be/should be because the hostess records your cabin number when you go in, so they know you would have already had dinner. Secondly, what about the others who haven't had dinner yet? My answer to being hungry later would be to eat something early in the evening at another venue, ie Windjammer or some cafe and then go to dinner later.

By the way, I don't do what I suggested as I only eat dinner and nothing later, but for the OP this might work.

It would and should be prohibited because they know you've been there before? I'm not saying you should try to have a second dinner covertly or anything like that.... And to your question of what about the others who haven't had dinner yet? I don't understand what you mean? What about them? They can come at their leisure or during their reserved time?

But the opportunity for someone who has yet to have dinner should be available IF they want it. The opportunity might not be there if someone who has already been seated and served once decides they'd like another seating. Yes, the tables might be empty, but they should remain that way, in wait for those who have yet to dine.

I agree that everyone should have an opportunity to have dinner if they want it, but I disagree that that opportunity might not be there if someone who has already been seated and served once decides they'd like another seating. I am not the most experienced but I don't think I've ever heard of a cruise line refusing entry to the MDR during opening hours. Maybe there would be a wait for a table but a wait for a table is something people report happening all the time, and I bet the times it's due to someone having a second dinner are very, very, very few. If there's an empty table and someone is ready to sit and be served I think leaving it empty to waiting on someone who may or may not come is silly.

My question of the day is this we had anytime dining the last cruise we were on and we had a great time with the window opportunity of when we actually had our dining pleasure if we offer Charlie had gone it's a 6 and my husband was hungry again around say 9 could he have gone back for a second dinner if it was in our window of dining pleasure please advise just curious?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

While many in this thread have offered what they think the rule SHOULD be, no one seems to know what the rule IS.

I wager very few people have ever tried eating two full dinners at two different times in the MDR, so no one can speak from experience. There doesn't seem to be any specific prohibition on the Royal Caribbean website, for what that's worth.

As others have said, there are a large number of options available if your husband wants a snack after dinner...even quite late into the night.

If he really wants a full-scale multi-course meal toward 9PM hour, give a second trip to the MDR a shot. There's no guarantee he'll be admitted, but there's also no explicitly stated policy that prevents it.

We normally eat when the MTD dining room opens and with the same waiters. They have told us that if we want to come back later we could do so. Have never had enough room left to take them up on the offer.

If there are 4 people in our cabin and we divide into 2 groups and eat in the MDR dining room at different times, we would give the hostess our room number twice. We would still be seated and there would be no questions asked. This indicates to me that anyone could enter the dining room again if they so chose.

If there are 4 people in our cabin and we divide into 2 groups and eat in the MDR dining room at different times, we would give the hostess our room number twice. We would still be seated and there would be no questions asked. This indicates to me that anyone could enter the dining room again if they so chose.

I agree, if one is in My Time Dining, there should be no problem coming back to the dining room a second time.

I don't see why going to the MDR twice the same night would be a problem, as long as there are seats available.

Heck, they allow you order and receive two entrees when you are there, so why not split them by a couple of hours.